PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zach Sudfeld had a solid game vs NO (I wish he was still NE's #2 TE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't block worth a damn, he was running poor routes, and he couldn't catch the ball.

Why, exactly, should the Patriots have kept him around when they were desperately searching for offensive help? While understanding that BB is not perfect and makes his fair share of mistakes, here's all you need to know about Suds, to this point in his career:

After looking at Suds play actual NFL games for weeks, Bill Belichick decided that Matt Mulligan was a better fit for the team than Zach Sudfeld.

Hooman is better.

we are stacked at that position no need to hoard unnecessary pieces. I'm glad he's getting playtime elsewhere, probably wouldnt have seent he field if he stayed here

I noticed your newer so couple things to catch you up:

1. Aaron Hernandez is accused of murdering his friend, he is currently being held without bail and we released him 2 hours after his arrest.
2. Jake Ballard was unable to return from microfracture surgery and was cut at the end of the preseason; he is still limping out of the locker room.
3. Daniel Fells suffered a concussion and was also cut at the end of the preseason.
4. Rob Gronkowski missed the first 6 games of the season before returning 3 weeks ago, he has played very well but is still working his way back so he has only played 60.77% of the offensive snaps.

Sudfeld probably isn’t much more than a JAG in my opinion so I am for one am not that upset that he is not here, but to say we’re stacked at tight end is drastically overstated.

I have to laugh, because when Sudfeld was on the New England roster this forum was full of people saying that the Patriots needed to cut him ASAP ... and once that happened, sure as the sun rises in the east, there is a thread bemoaning his release.

Not me; I said to cut him and I stand by it. The guy has 4 receptions for 56 yards this season. He was a UDFA who bobbled a perfect pass before reeling in the touchdown in week 2 of the preseason and everyone thought he was sent to us to make up for the Hernandez debacle. The reality is he went undrafted for a reason and was not prepared to help this team win this season, he likely fits better on a team with a rookie QB where he can catch the occasional pass on a trick play.

He could very well end up being a good starting TE in the NFL sometime. He won't be the first or last released Patriots player to do well, if he does. Doesn't mean that he was a good fit for the team at the time of his release.

But I don't remember on tear being shed on this site when he was cut. I also don't see any "we should have drafted ________ instead of Dobson" threads this week as we had the past 3 weeks.

Sometimes the rear view mirror gets foggy.

I guess we paid them back for the use of Danny Woodhead. Let's call it even.

Hooman's also a very good blocking TE, while Sudfeld looked like a matador in pads.

Yet, he has not set the world on fire as a receiver, hence my post.

We gave up on Sudfeld way too fast.

I fail to see how trying to put a clearly not NFL-caliber TE on the Practice Squad only to have him vultured by an inferior team is giving up too fast.

he has a total of 4 rec for like 50 yards on a 5-4 team, I wish him luck in his career but I don't wish he was still on the team

We gave up on Sudfeld way too fast.

I liked the kid but no.
He did not belong on our 53.
I believe (none of us know) that he was waived and targeted for the PS
Sometimes a team picks up a potentially decent player that gets waived
q.v. Jones, Chris
There is yet no sign that Suds really belongs on an NFL team
Best wishes for some success

He can't block worth a damn, he was running poor routes, and he couldn't catch the ball.

Why, exactly, should the Patriots have kept him around when they were desperately searching for offensive help? While understanding that BB is not perfect and makes his fair share of mistakes, here's all you need to know about Suds, to this point in his career:

After looking at Suds play actual NFL games for weeks, Bill Belichick decided that Matt Mulligan was a better fit for the team than Zach Sudfeld.

And we all know that BB has been 100% correct in EVERY personel move he's ever made.

And we all know that BB has been 100% correct in EVERY personel move he's ever made.

2j0nxw4.gif

I liked the kid but no.
He did not belong on our 53.
I believe (none of us know) that he was waived and targeted for the PS
Sometimes a team picks up a potentially decent player that gets waived
q.v. Jones, Chris
There is yet no sign that Suds really belongs on an NFL team
Best wishes for some success

Really? Because he sure looked like he belonged on the Jets. Good routes, good hands, good speed. He didn't look out of place at any point during that game that I saw. I can't vouch completely for his blocking but I don't recall him getting called out. Sudfeld played Sunday like he did here in preseason when everyone was breathing heavy over his 'potential.'

He had his chances, I saw one catch, he wasn't secure and he's awful blocking.

I don't think there's too much to squeeze out of him. We need reliable players.

wish the Pats had a TE even half as good as the Suds...man, Pats are stupid...and they're BAD too...it's all over...

oh...wait...what's THIS?????????????????????

gronk-patriots.jpg

Michael Hoomanawanui

13 Targets
9 Rec
112 Yards
12.4 avg

Why did we cut him and keep Tavon, Bequette, and Beuaharis? At least Sudfield looked pretty good when he did have a chance during pre-season. Tavon, Bequette and Beauharis have all looked awful even against scrubs in preseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back