PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your most memorable all-time Patriots regular season game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
New England Patriots Brasil: Realizando Um Sonho...

You'll probably won't understand a word of it since it's in portuguese, but I wrote this for the then official Brazilian Patriots website. I helped them with some reviews and articles back in 2010 (I was 16 and already talking too much lol)

I was telling my first (and so far, only) experience at Gillette: week 16 against the Jaguars (You may remember this game because of a dude dressed up as Randy Moss that was constantly being shown - i remember he actually painted his face black for the game... Could you imagine the uproar if that happened nowadays? damn).

I'm really proud of this brief journalist phase... Looking back, maybe I should've invested more in that career.

First one that comes to mind is the 2011 @NYJ blowout in which we were coming in off 2 straight losses and the game was for the division lead. Given the way the previous year ended, I was very nervous going in.

Some other honorable mentions:
08 overtime loss to Jets with Cassel (bad ending, but very exciting)
09 Titans 59-0
2012 Texans 42-14 after the damn jackets

I feel like the game in 2010 against the Matt Flynn Packers always stands out to me. I don't know if its my favorite but I always will remember that one

This one has to be up there. Unicorns! Show Ponies! Wheres the Beef?!

Definitely these two as well.

First one that comes to mind is the 2011 @NYJ blowout in which we were coming in off 2 straight losses and the game was for the division lead. Given the way the previous year ended, I was very nervous going in.

Some other honorable mentions:
08 overtime loss to Jets with Cassel (bad ending, but very exciting)
09 Titans 59-0
2012 Texans 42-14 after the damn jackets
That Texans game was a funny one, there was so much hype around the Texans. The Texans always have an excuse when they lose; remember when they blamed losing on staying in Waltham?

Thinking about it today... most of the games I hearken back to for the Pats are from the Brady-era postseason. (embarrassment of riches :) ) Started to try and recount the most memorable regular season games.

I'm thinking there are two categories (maybe more)...

1. Well-contested, for which I vote...

u7sWP_.gif

(honorable mention: 2003 snow game against the Fins, won 12-0... I might be biased because I was there and had a BLAST!)

2. And blow-out... for which I vote...

giphy.gif

I can't get enough of that. Especially since I watched the game with my Jets fan inlaws... and one of my BIL's immediately called it a butt fumble. :)
The good, the bad and the ugly. The good, Steve Grogan led 56-3 over NYJ. The bad, Monday night football in the rain, Baltimore Colts and Joe Washington comeback from deficit to win. The ugly, OJ running for 200+yes.

1994, Drew Bledsoe's 70 pass game against MIN.

I spent the afternoon on a ladder on a November Sunday, painting dormers and listening to the game on the radio. After going 5-11 the prior season and starting that season 3-6, that team tore off a seven game win streak. It all started with that game, down 20-0. It was the first flicker of light in the path toward dynasty, imho.

The good, the bad and the ugly. The good, Steve Grogan led 56-3 over NYJ. The bad, Monday night football in the rain, Baltimore Colts and Joe Washington comeback from deficit to win. The ugly, OJ running for 200+yes.

I wish there was a sound accompaniment option for your post.

Do Di Do do Wah wah wah. Do di do do Wah wah Wah.

upload_2017-11-16_22-32-15.png

Can't believe I am the only one besides Old Rover to think of this game first:

Second is the Bob Windsor TD game.

On This Day: Bob Windsor lays his career on the line for the game-winning score

WINDSOR'S SPECIAL TEAM

#3 - Early season game in '76. Pats crush the Raiders 48-17. Oakland, Pittsburgh and Miami were the elite tier one teams in the AFC in the mid seventies. The Pats improved to 3-1 and gave New England fans legitimate, realistic reason to be excited about their football team.

#4 - The Drew Bledsoe 70-pass game.

#5 - Early 2010, I think week two. Darrelle Revis had talked smack about Randy Moss, calling him lazy or something like that. Moss makes a spectacular one handed catch to torch Revis for a TD. Revis grabs his hamstring after the play ... perhaps as an excuse for being burnt?

edit: yeah, the 59-0 beatdown with five TB12 touchdown passes has to be included in there somewhere too. Perhaps the 50+ points against Washington in 2007 that pushed Joe Gibbs into retirement as well.

edit #2: I would say the final Doug Flutie game also, but that was more about just a single play (the drop kick) than anything special about the whole game. The comeback against the Saints with the TD pass to Kenbrell Thompkins as time expired just misses the cut, but is worthy of Honorable Mention. 70 yard drive with no timeouts in 1:13 for the win.

01 season at nyj, Terrell Buckley (I think) picks of Testaverde to seal a 17-16 win late in game... Pats go to 7-5 and we all start to BELIEVE....

Edit - I also remember brady getting killed 1st half, so Charlie Weis, in a prelude to his genius, switched to all 3 step drops, quick releases and after that, as my late father would say, Katie bar the door!

Last edited:
If we're going pre Brady then I'd put this one on the list.

1996 Patriots vs Giants. Great game. Bledsoe, Troy Brown, Glenn, Megget and Ben Freaking Coates.

December 22nd, 1985. Pats over Cincy to get the Wild Card slot. Robert Weather on 4th down scampered 42 yards to seal the win.

October 5th, 2014. We're on to Cincinnati.

Honorable mention: December 12, 1982 - the Snow Plow game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick