PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your most memorable all-time Patriots regular season game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Cut that meat! Cut that meat! Cut that meat!"

(Whoops! Not reg season.)

Hard to narrow it down so I'll just list five;

1. Pats/Broncos 2013, the 24 point comeback. Against Manning and their record setting offense.

2. Pats/Bengals 2014. The haters were chirping and this was a major statement game that started the path to our fourth title.

3. Pats/Indy 2003. Great back and forth with the goal line stand. First real game of the Brady/Manning rivalry.

4. Pats/Giants 2015. Epic win without Jules and Gostkowski's most clutch FG of his career.

5. Pats/Dolphins 2013. Olindo Mare choke job, ******** out of bounds catch for Miami. OT coin flip controversy. Brady to Brown bomb for the win.

Honorable mentions:
- Brady/Thompkins game winner
- Curbstomping the Ravens in 2013
- 59-0 versus the Titans in the snow

Last edited:
A few others off the top of my head that haven't been mentioned:

2005 28-0 over Tampa - after a rough year scrambling to replace Rodney, the defense finally gets on track, starting a string of games holding the opposing offense below 200 yards.

2003 38-30 over TN - the Mike Cloud game. At the time, this felt like a good sized upset.

2014 42-20 over Indy - there isn't much more satisfying than running at will.

2004 40-22 over StL - perhaps the most Patriot-way game ever. Coming off a Pitt blowout that poked some chinks in the armor and left them thin in the secondary, a game in the dome against a great passing team looked ominous. Instead, NE dominated with the help of Troy Brown at CB and a Vinatieri TD.

2004 24-3 over Balt - just complete defensive domination, culminating in a Jarvis Green TD off a Bruschi sack. Not Kyle Boller's finest performance.

2004 28-6 over Buffalo. The game a few weeks earlier had been close (a 7 point game until another Tedy strip sack TD, this one by Big Sey) so Buffalo came in very confident. Oops. IIRC, they were beaten so soundly that some players opined that NE must have cheated.

2007 56-0 over Buffalo - 7 drives. 7 TDs. By far the most efficient offensive display I've ever seen.

2002 30-14 over Pitt - the Steelers came in frothing at the mouth over the prior AFCCG, only to get embarrased. Kordell Stewart's career effectively ended that night, though he did lead a final second TD drive, replete with multiple time outs, to narrow the final margin.

I'm sure there are more goodies to unearth, but that's enough for now. :)

EDIT-I read the title thread wrong- Thought it was "most memorable ones you've been at"....

Not regular season but being at SB 49 and Butler's pick.. A wife who convinced me that "you never know when they will get back there, so just go"....

Regular season
1) week #17 in Meadowlands 2007- capping a 16-0 season in front of respectful Giants crowd.. I tailgated with my teen age kids with no hassles at all ( I did convince an obnoxious Pats fan that he got a great rate on his hotel because a serial killer had slaughtered 5 people there the year before and was still at large) compared to
2) week#1 in 2007 vs Jets. I was wearing a Troy Brown jersey and had more crap thrown at me ( literally) than on any other occasion.....
3) week #16 2007 at Gillette vs Miami... My kids wandered down to the front row of the end zone during warmups telling me " I'm going to get a ball." I informed him, " that's not how it works".... The came back in the middle of the second quarter...with a ball. The occupants of the seats didn't show up until then so they sat there and my older son asked one of the Dolphins players (EDIT Vonie Holliday) for a ball during warmups.. and he ( and he went back to the bench and came back and gave him one- a "K" ball kicking ball) gave it to him. Totally classy room for a visiting player.....
4) Pats -Oilers 9/21/75. Pats lost 7-0 on a blocked punt but the big story of the day was the rain. I have never been so wet in all my life, sitting on the old benches at Schaeffer/Sullivan/Foxboro ( whatever it was called back then) with my cousin.
5) Pats-Jags playoff game 2005 (?) at Gillette. A night game in 15 degree weather. We watched Adam V. practice punting in warmups and I predicted correctly that he would punt out of FG formation on a long kick due to weather conditions, and sure enough, he did......
6) Pats at Buf 1980. I was in college in upstate NY and we travelled to scenic Buffalo. Pats got trounced and Grogan threw 4 picks and they barely had 200 yards of offense.. Nobody bothered us ( pity?) but even then the Bills fans were nuts.....
------------------------------------------
Most memorable non-Pats game ( peripherally Pats related) Rams-Chiefs in STL . My youngest is a contrarian and when the Pats played the Rams in SB36, he decided to p*ss me off and root for the Rams. He stayed a Rams fan and if I had business in St. Louis, I would take him to a Rams game.... We got tickets in 2008 or 2009 , front row 50 yard line for $100 . Now the Rams weren't great but that is unbelievable cheap. Hotel was a Hyatt for $84 a night including breakfast..... At the game, which was heavily attended by Chiefs fans was a couple sitting next to us with those rockem-sockem robots, one a Ram, one a Chief. Every time they went to commercial they showed her ( and us) on TV...... We had DirecTV so my wife taped it and my kid thought it was cool...

Last edited:
I feel I must mention my 1st game.

Christmas Eve, 1989 vs LA Rams!

The wind chill was negative something. Those metal bleachers were colder than a polar bear's sphincter. A soon to be 5-11 Pats team came back to take a 20-17 lead, only to have Jim Everett lead the Rams down to a last minute TD for the win.

It was a great game in a rather unforgettable season.

Plus, how many times do you get to watch a QB playing with a neckroll? I will always love Steve Grogan!!

I remember that game. As a 30+ year season ticket holder I can never remember a game with fewer fans at a game.

Not sure if this one has been mentioned but another great game was I believe was in 03 in Denver. Pats were trailing in the 4th when Bill decides to take an intentional safety to go down 3 0r 4 points. D stops Denver and then Brady to Givens for the win ! Everyone thought Bill was crazy when he took the safety, never underestimate the great one, he is always several steps ahead of everyone else in his thought process !

I remember that game. As a 30+ year season ticket holder I can never remember a game with fewer fans at a game.

My feet are still frostbitten! I looked it up...the wind chill was -4 during the game. Aluminum bleachers.

But this kid was hooked.

I have to narrow it down to 5.

5.) a game against the giants where Troy brown caught a pass from Bledsoe over the middle while on his backside.

4.) 70 passes by Bledsoe against the Vikings.

3.) the game against the rams where Eason through the Hail Mary for the win.

2.) 2013 broncos game.

1.) snow plow game.

3) week #16 2007 at Gillette vs Miami... My kids wandered down to the front row of the end zone during warmups telling me " I'm going to get a ball." I informed him, " that's not how it works".... The came back in the middle of the second quarter...with a ball. The occupants of the seats didn't show up until then so they sat there and my older son asked one of the Dolphins players (EDIT Vonie Holliday) for a ball during warmups.. and he ( and he went back to the bench and came back and gave him one- a "K" ball kicking ball) gave it to him. Totally classy room for a visiting player.....
I remember Vonnie Holliday. Good/VG player, would've been a perfect fit here as a 3-4 DE, and was still available in the 1998 draft when the incompetent Booby Grier chose Robert Damaged Goods Already While At Georgia Edwards instead.

2014 is my favorite season, and there were some great games
Bengals (on to cincy)
Broncos (awesome game to take hold of the afc- Edelman return, gronk catch, etc)

Other games include SNF comeback vs broncos, 2015 win vs giants, basically any game from the undefeated season

I was at that game. Was that the one after which one of the goalposts was taken down and carried out the stadium towards Route 1, or was that perhaps the Buffalo game in '82?
Me too. Afterward, I knew we were going back the Meadowlands. I was shouting "Beat the Jets!!" and we did.

Precious, glory days.

31 years as a season ticket holder & it took me less than 1 second to answer this question.

January 19, 2002.

Snow / Tuck Rule / Vinatari’s kick to tie the game.

Patriots beat the Raiders

That was also the last Football game in the old
Schaefer / Sullivan / Foxboro Stadium.

My son his the picture of game winning field goal hanging over his bed.

2007 bills. never seen a team start a game 7 for 7 scoring touchdowns. plus going for it twice on 4th instead of kicking the field goal, which made the whole crowd mad and start throwing stuff at the patriots bench

31 years as a season ticket holder & it took me less than 1 second to answer this question.

January 19, 2002.

The question is about regular season games.

January 19, 2002.

Patriots beat the Raiders

That was also the last Football game in the old
Schaefer / Sullivan / Foxboro Stadium.

My son his the picture of game winning field goal hanging over his bed.
We sent the old stadium out in style.

I'm happy you were there to experience it.

Nine months later, our second child was born, a girl, Emily Kristen.

I have to narrow it down to 5.

5.) a game against the giants where Troy brown caught a pass from Bledsoe over the middle while on his backside.

4.) 70 passes by Bledsoe against the Vikings.

3.) the game against the rams where Eason through the Hail Mary for the win.

2.) 2013 broncos game.

1.) snow plow game.

Was just about to mention your #3. Unforgettable:

Should also mention that I started watching football in the mid 1970s, and what has given me more regular season pleasure in all those years is one thing: beating Peyton Manning and the Colts. Nothing better. It used to be beating Dan Marino, but I've never hated a team more than the Colts.

The question is about regular season games.

Most memorable regular season game.

September 3rd - 1979
Steelers 16 - Patriots 13

The game was on Labor Day & they opened the gates at noon for a 9 pm game.
(Monday night football use to start at 9pm).

The Steelers were champs & also won that year. There fans showed up in force & there were dozens of fights in the parking lot.

We were cooking out in the parking lot & a guy was rushed by us by his friends & he was holding a bloody rag to his face & blood was dripping down his arm. We assumed he was going to the hospital. About an hour later the guy walked by our car holding a clean towel to his face & his arm was covered in dry blood and he was drinking a beer.

During the game a Patriots fan & Steeler fan got in a fight in the first quarter & they were rolling down the bench seats & people were kicking the Steelers fan who was winning the fight.

The fight started 5 rows behind me & ended up about 10 rows in front of me before security broke it up.

The third quarter the same two guys came rolling past us again fighting & people were kicking the Steelers fan again.

I believe they use to use the old NHL fight rule at Schaeffer. Three fights & your out.

The Patriots played great, but lost in OT

#2 - Brady’s first game back from his ACL surgery. The Patriots rallied from down 2 scores in the final 2.06 of the game to beat the Bills 25-24 on two TD passes to Ben Watson. The Bills fumbled the kickoff after the first TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back