PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your most memorable all-time Patriots regular season game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm limiting it to games I've been to. So...

December 10, 1978. NE defeats BUF 26-24 in comeback fashion to win its first-ever ACFE championship.

Very late in the game NE is trailing 24-21. Forces BUF to punt deep in its own end. Chuck Knox decides to not even try to punt and takes an intentional safety (snap to punter, punter steps out of the back of the endzone). Now 24-23. I can't remember if the subsequent free kick wasn't great or if NE got a good return. But in any event, NE managed to get into short FG range in the waning seconds. This was a year when John Smith was injured and they had David Posey who was not that good (3-4 in the 20-29 range, 5-11 (!) in the 30-39 range, 2-6 in the 40-49 range). So I had to hold my breath but he managed to nail a 21-yarder with 0:08 left and give NE the ACFE title.

December 22nd, 1985. Pats over Cincy to get the Wild Card slot. Robert Weather on 4th down scampered 42 yards to seal the win.

A sad note to that one. That was the one where fans tore down the goalposts and carried them onto Rt 1. They hit a wire and electrocuted some people. I don't think anyone died, but there were some serious injuries.

That 2013 broncos game for me. And the 07 ravens game

December 22nd, 1985. Pats over Cincy to get the Wild Card slot. Robert Weather on 4th down scampered 42 yards to seal the win...
I was at that game. Was that the one after which one of the goalposts was taken down and carried out the stadium towards Route 1, or was that perhaps the Buffalo game in '82?

A sad note to that one. That was the one where fans tore down the goalposts and carried them onto Rt 1. They hit a wire and electrocuted some people. I don't think anyone died, but there were some serious injuries.

I was at that game. Was that the one after which one of the goalposts was taken down and carried out the stadium towards Route 1, or was that perhaps the Buffalo game in '82?
You answered my own question before I even finished asking it! Wow...

1994 - Pats comeback against Vikings....Bledsoe throws it 70 times
2003 - Snowbowl......It was the funnest game I ever attended

#5 - Early 2010, I think week two. Darrelle Revis had talked smack about Randy Moss, calling him lazy or something like that. Moss makes a spectacular one handed catch to torch Revis for a TD. Revis grabs his hamstring after the play ... perhaps as an excuse for being burnt?

What gets me about that game is we lost and didn't even appear to be trying besides that one play.

My all time favorite was Pats v. Miami in October, 2003. We hadn't won in Miami in forever. Field still had baseball field underneath. Missed FGs by Miami at the end of regulation AND in OT. And then, the 82 yard BOMB to Troy Brown to win the game!! My husband was in Vegas and my Mom (God rest her soul) had spent the weekend with me to help me with the kids. I was jumping around the room and screaming my head off and my Mom told me I was scaring her :)

The Butt Fumble game on Thanksgiving, 2012 is a close second.

Well-contested
Week 7, 2003 @ Miami. Brady-to-Brown for an 82-yard TD in overtime

Yup, 2003 at Miami is certainly near the top of my list. We seemed to always lose at Miami, and this game was really a statement game for the Pats even though it was during the first half of the season.

My all time favorite was Pats v. Miami in October, 2003. We hadn't won in Miami in forever. Field still had baseball field underneath. Missed FGs by Miami at the end of regulation AND in OT. And then, the 82 yard BOMB to Troy Brown to win the game!! My husband was in Vegas and my Mom (God rest her soul) had spent the weekend with me to help me with the kids. I was jumping around the room and screaming my head off and my Mom told me I was scaring her :)

The Butt Fumble game on Thanksgiving, 2012 is a close second.

I had just gotten out of the military the month before this game so I was still getting used to being back home. My friend at the time used to go to this big (like 200 people) annual football party. (All you can eat and drink). And I remember the missed FG's and then Brady threw that pass...you could have heard a pin drop as everyone held their breath. Then when Brown caught it the place went absolutely bananas. It's my favorite non-Super Bowl winning game of all time.

24-0 vs Denver is the GOAT regular season game of the BB-Brady era, no question.

I think most people have these right.

45-3 massacre
Denver comeback from 24-0

I’d add virtually the entire series of games vs Pittsburgh, especially at Heinz. 2005 fourth quarter comeback. 2010 Heinz Field record for points scored by opponent (39). 2013 55 points with a cast of scrubs was a home game but I think another record for Steelers points allowed. Anthony Smith beatdown in 2007.

how many people left?

I dont recall people leaving, probably because it was 24-0 at half time so they still wanted to hang around to get more beer etc .. and then Brady and the offense came out in the 2nd half and marched down the field for a TD which ignited the crowd

The first half of that game was pretty damn grim tho lol... sitting in freezing rain, watching the Pats get their teeth kicked in for the entire first half.. but man what an ending !

No single regular season game stands out. I guess the Denver comeback in 2013 if I had to pick one.

Sadly I really only started watching in the 90s due to my age so my games are only solely limited to Bledsoe/Brady games.

My Fav Bledsoe game is 1994 against the Vikings. 70 pass game and an overtime win. Pretty awesome! They were down 0-20 at once point in the game too. scored 26 unanswered points including over time to win. Was epic as hell!

Last edited:
What a bitterly cold night that was. No amount of layers or snow pants was keeping that wind off me.

Yea it was brutal weather.. and it made it worse watching them get beaten up the entire first half lol

The ending was well worth it tho

d8263e5304_snow12082007.jpg

I remember watching the Bob Windsor game too, vs the then-powerful Vikings, at Metropolitan Stadium (current site of the Mall of America, IIRC), after winning the first 6 games of the season then losing a heart-breaker to the Bills in Buffalo. Most of us agreed that losing Windsor for the rest of the season to a broken leg during that last-second TD catch was probably worth it because it re-established momentum. Unfortunately that momentum was never re-established, as more heart-breakers soon followed, starting with the very next week vs Buffalo (again) in Foxborough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back