PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WWE chasing Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he still "has something in the tank" regarding football, he would regret leaving too early. The WWE is an injury creating machine.

If he still "has something in the tank" regarding football, he would regret leaving too early. The WWE is an injury creating machine.
So is the NFL. The difference is that he is in a position in the NFL where guys are literally playing him differently in a more risky way that makes him more prone to injuries because they can't take him down. In WWE he'd have the benefit of guys trying to protect him.

However, I wouldn't do it if I was in Gronk's position.

There’s far too much real Gronk out there to play a character in WWE.

But then isn't the WWE just going to try to convince him to join the XFL? Have someone read the contract carefully for you Gronk.

Rather have Gronk for that cash
Well, that’s just what it would save, in terms of the 6.9m dollars after factoring in the dead cap money.

He’s guaranteed 8m and has an 11m dollar cap hit.

If he's considering leaving football to preserve his body, wrestling would be just about the last job he'd want to enter into. His back, especially, would be equally ****ed in the WWE, but for far less money, fame, and competition.

If he's considering leaving football to preserve his body, wrestling would be just about the last job he'd want to enter into. His back, especially, would be equally ****ed in the WWE, but for far less money, fame, and competition.

Exactly. Not that Gronk would be working 300 days a year like Steve Austin and Mick Foley did in their glory days, but even bumping once or twice a week all year long on that sheet of plywood would wreck his body. Plus there is no off-season for recovery...he'd be a mess.

The non comments from Gronk are starting to get louder, though. I get taking time to think things over, but we're two weeks removed. I'd figure he'd have leaked some kind of update one way or the other by now.

Gronk would flame out in WWE. Not to mention wrestling itself is not ideal for a guy already prone to injuries.

He has the money but career wise? It would be pretty dumb.

IMO this is all a ploy and I don’t take any of this seriously. Not one bit. It gets people talking about WWE, it gets people talking about Gronk, and maybe even gets the guy a raise. Win-win for both of ‘em. Would I be hurt to see the big guy go? Of course! However, if he doesn’t want to wear the flying Elvis anymore, why would we want him to? GTFO so we can move on. It’s irritating enough that everyone wants to consistently talk about the GOAT falling off a cliff everyday. What’s the dude doing around cliffs all the time?! Now we have to listen to “Does Gronk want it anymore?” speculation every year? Gross!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back