PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WWE chasing Gronk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is an amazing talent, but he is 28, and they tend to fall off a cliff after 29. I don't see us breaking bank for him if he forces contract renegotiations. Would suck to see him leave: I hope he plays out his last couple of years on his contract and rides off into the sunset as a Patriot.

Last night and tonight (just now with Phil Perry) Curran sounds convinced Gronk is serious about retirement.

Is Curran reputable?
I don't listen to many reporters I use this website for my Patriot fix.
In my opinion, very. Perry is, as well. Perry didn't seem to be leaning that way quite as much as Curran, but he certainly didn't dismiss the possibility, either.

I cannot say that I blame him ...
That said I think his popularity outside of the game will have a short shelf life.

I cannot say that I blame him ...
That said I think his popularity outside of the game will have a short shelf life.
I agree about understanding if he were to hang it up. I think it's really too bad he got concussed in the AFCCG. Up to that point, it could be argued he was having his healthiest season in years, perhaps ever. I think guys, correctly, look at concussions very differently than they did even a few years ago, and I really think Gronk's may have caused him to do the same. Sad to me if it's over, but I'd understand, but damn I hope it isn't.

I don’t have a problem with Gronk retiring if he feels that is what’s right, but I WOULD have a problem with it being dragged out. It can be handled if he does it early enough.

I am sure that BB will want a decision pretty soon
otherwise Gronk might end up being on the trade plate. Cant have a situation where a player in a key position remains an uncertainty throughout the roster building months (FA, draft).

It should have been touched upon during exit interviews.

I assumed it was a short-term, post-disappointing season thing. Still think he'll play next year, but it's a little disconcerting how it's still up in the air...but still, only February.

If he's worried about his health, then of course god bless 'em, etc. But I do hope he's not seeing a big second life as a "celebrity." Number one, seems unlikely, but more importantly, that will always be there to try, no need to rush it.

It's like when that idiot Tiki Barber retired because he thought he was so interesting and would be a tv personality or whatever. Where is he now? Might be dead for all I know.

I assumed it was a short-term, post-disappointing season thing. Still think he'll play next year, but it's a little disconcerting how it's still up in the air...but still, only February.

If he's worried about his health, then of course god bless 'em, etc. But I do hope he's not seeing a big second life as a "celebrity." Number one, seems unlikely, but more importantly, that will always be there to try, no need to rush it.

It's like when that idiot Tiki Barber retired because he thought he was so interesting and would be a tv personality or whatever. Where is he now? Might be dead for all I know.
Google Tiki and Tierney. Far from dead, LOL!

Go west young man.

I'm not worried about Gronk leaving football.......this year.

He's bright enough to realize that if he has any thought about playing football again that it would be wise to do it while Brady is playing.

Hopefully Brady makes a call to get Gronkowski to play next season... If Brady's not too busy getting a Guerrero massage or drinking 200 glasses of electrolyte infused water

Google Tiki and Tierney. Far from dead, LOL!
I was kidding about being dead, but he had designs on being a big star, and having some random radio show is not that. He screwed up big-time. That's why he was desperately trying to get back into the league years after he retired.

I was kidding about being dead, but he had designs on being a big star, and having some random radio show is not that. He screwed up big-time. That's why he was desperately trying to get back into the league years after he retired.

I'm too lazy to look up the details, but I believe Barber was on a post-football career arc that would have been similar to what Michael Stahan has been doing. Then Tiki was caught cheating on his wife when she was 8 or 9 months pregnant and that, rightfully, derailed whatever high profile TV future he had.

I really hope not. Replacing gronk is not even possible really.

Not if we can draft the next Zack Ertz or Travis Kelce it's that simple.

I agree. He's holding out for more money and he deserved WR, not TE, money.

If that's Gronk's ploy he might as well sign with the WWE right now King BB:rolleyes: will prove that he can with with the Great Dwyne Allen over the Gronkman.:rolleyes:

I'm too lazy to look up the details, but I believe Barber was on a post-football career arc that would have been similar to what Michael Stahan has been doing. Then Tiki was caught cheating on his wife when she was 8 or 9 months pregnant and that, rightfully, derailed whatever high profile TV future he had.
That's what he wanted to happen, but honestly he was too boring for him to get any traction. He was failing before anything came out about him

Wrestling insider Dave Meltzer on DHK: WWE will not outbid for Rob Gronkowski

A few weeks ago, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer reported the WWE would be interested in the tight end if he retired from the NFL, and on Wednesday Meltzer joined Dale & Holley with Keefe to further discuss his report.

“I think that is more of a Gronkowski is going to make the call himself and I don’t think it is WWE is trying to — they are not going to outbid him," he said. "They are not going to spend $10 million a year on him. But, if he’s done with football, are they interested in him? Yeah, it is pretty clear they are.” As for what kind of money Gronkowski would get, Meltzer guessed around a couple million dollars a year.

Curran on BST saying both Brady and Gronk were increasingly unhappy here this season due largely, but not exclusively, to the Guerrero situation. I think Curran really believes that this franchise is headed for a precipitous crash, and sooner rather than later. He's been strangely negative lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back