PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Underwood re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Moss signed at the last possible minute to be eligible for Sunday's game, and then showed up for the game after downing a 12 pack of Guinness, I'd still expect that he'd do a better job in that very first game than Stallworth could at any point this season, even if he signed today. Stallworth was done even before he went to prison.

Haha...well the Guinness would help with the back pain I guess. Again I'm not advocating the signing of Stallworth, but I don't think T.O. or Moss would bring anything to the team either.

Haha...well the Guinness would help with the back pain I guess. Again I'm not advocating the signing of Stallworth, but I don't think T.O. or Moss would bring anything to the team either.

I think that they could both be helpful on the field, but I also think that BB is having problems with, for lack of a better word, "attitude" among the players, so I don't think he'd bring either of them in at this point, even if he thought they'd be significant upgrades.

I just think that Stallworth is burnt toast at this point.

Last edited:
sounds like some moves are coming.

Solder is more than adequate to play 3rd TE when we run those packages now that Volmer is back

Even though a little rough around the edges, Solder at times a beast and could overtake Volmer sooner than later.

And what did he do last year to indicate that he has anything left? And the guy hasn't stepped on a football field in nearly 12 months. I don't see him coming here and changing the world.

Burned Revis, scored a few on the Bills. Basically he was a deep threat, to pretend he did nothing like Ocho is now, even Branch, is crazy.

Already answered about Moss above...Are you really saying you want a 37 year old suicidal receiver coming off knee surgery and a korean stem cell medical procedure on this team? And in case you hadn't heard T.O. had a workout and not one team thought it would be beneficial to send out a single employee to his workout.....yup he's the answer!

Wow....yeah that is what we need....I'd welcome Stallworth back for a flyer but T.O. and Moss can stay on the sidelines.

there is a difference between being a savior and being an improvement over the stiffs who stand around and watch Wes do all the work. At the very least a defense respects Moss when Brady is the QB.

Burned Revis, scored a few on the Bills. Basically he was a deep threat, to pretend he did nothing like Ocho is now, even Branch, is crazy.

Revis had a bum Hammy.

I'm not pretending nor have I said anything about Ocho or Branch. :confused:

there is a difference between being a savior and being an improvement over the stiffs who stand around and watch Wes do all the work. At the very least a defense respects Moss when Brady is the QB.

To be fair, Deion tends to respond when he his called on, but at this point he is at best, the 4th option in the passing game.

I think that they could both be helpful on the field, but I also think that BB is having problems with, for lack of a better word, "attitude" among the players, so I don't think he'd bring either of them in at this point, even if he thought they'd be significant upgrades.

I just think that Stallworth is burnt toast at this point.

Agreed with the attitude comment. And I'm not saying Stallworth isn't toast.

Of course Branch is the 4th option. The question is why he hasn't been more effective as the 4th option (after Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez).

To be fair, Deion tends to respond when he his called on, but at this point he is at best, the 4th option in the passing game.

Last edited:
Of course Branch is the 4th option. The question is why he hasn't been more effective as the 4th option (after Welker, Gronkowski, and Hernandez).

I don't see how the 4th option having 32 catches is not being "productive"? He has periods where he disappears, but I'm not sure Brady is looking for him during those times. When Brady does go to him, he makes plays. I don't think it is on Deion, its not as if he has a case of the drops...he has 3 games this season with 7+ catches.

Last edited:
this just in...to go along with the Underwood signing, the Pats signed Underbelly, Understood, Underground and Underwater to shore up the sinking S.S. Patsie....

this just in...to go along with the Underwood signing, the Pats signed Underbelly, Understood, Underground and Underwater to shore up the sinking S.S. Patsie....
Does Underwood realize he has lashed himself to the anchor of the RMS Titanic? :rolleyes:

its possible he could get in the recieving game, but I think this signing is all about kick/punt returns and special teams.

Edelman has Not looked good this year, and you cant trust slater either...we can barely get the ball past the 20yard line and already have 2 fumbles this year on kick returns :bricks:

I can only hope that underwood can solidify the return unit and give us somewhat of what Tate did last year in the kick returns. he obviously has the speed to

I'll never understand the attitude of some people... like every signing or roster move either has to be the ultimate answer to a team's ills or it's not worth doing. How many IMPACT players usually get added halfway through a football season and suddenly turn something around? In baseball sure, midseason acquisitions can be huge, but most football moves at this point are to shore up depth or replace injured players... and most don't make a huge difference.

The big moves happen in in the offseason. If this kid can come in and slightly improve our kick returning, it's a successful move. Why anyone feels it needs to be more than that or it's a stupid decision is beyond me.

Belichick has brought in lots of folks, using the bottom three spots of the roster for weekly tryouts. After all, many of these picks will be inactive so it doesn't matter much to this weeks game.

For example, Adams is a player that has helped at corner.

Underwood may help as a kick returner. Or, he might be cut before the weekend.

I think that we need some perspective on these signings.

Some might hate it, but I think his hair is funking awesome!

I've heard of hat head before, but this is Cat-in-the-hat hat head. :) If he got a hair cut, he'd probably run a 4.28.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye