PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Underwood re-signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personnel, route running, and play calling are only partly responsible for the lack of long passing plays.

On nearly every occasion this season, Brady missed open receivers (Price and Ochocinco) on deep routes.

I don't think this offense has the capability to get 40 yard bombs (a la 2007) every week, but receivers have gotten open 20-30 yards down the field.

Last edited:
Personnel, route running, and play calling are not to blame for the lack of long passing plays. Brady's poor throws on these 'deep routes' are killing this part of the offense.

Yeah..... Umm, no.

So who do you suggest they go sign that is available at 5pm on November 8th?

TO, Moss, oh no I forgot they suck and we are better off throwing to 2 midgets the entire season.

randy moss.....

And what did he do last year to indicate that he has anything left? And the guy hasn't stepped on a football field in nearly 12 months. I don't see him coming here and changing the world.

Where did he get his haircut? At the Shriners barbershop?

Last edited:
Gee I dont know....how about Tatupu, spikes is hurt and we prob could use some help at LB. How about Sharper, I know we worked him out and decided not to sign him but I gotta say, our safeties absolutely SUCK. Or Hamlin. Thats our weakest position..
And if we need a WR, which we do because besides WW, I don't think the other WR's have a combined 10 catches halfway through the season, bring in TO. I know he'll make more of an impact than any other WR on the market, including the ones we have already. Spread defenses and draw the double team it takes in order for the TE's to be open and not have Brady force the ball in to them which is why he's throwing picks. He has no one else.

I was talking about the WR position in response to the OP and his "deep threat" reference.... but don't let the bricks make you anymore red faced when they fall on your head.....:bricks:

Did it ever occur to you that some of these guys are still on the street for a reason? I'm guessing Tatupu is or has been injured because someone would have signed him by now if he wasn't. Its not as if they are just sitting around waiting for the Patriots to call. I'm thinking the Patriots and the other 31 teams have access to information that we do not.

Last edited:
TO, Moss, oh no I forgot they suck and we are better off throwing to 2 midgets the entire season.

Already answered about Moss above...Are you really saying you want a 37 year old suicidal receiver coming off knee surgery and a korean stem cell medical procedure on this team? And in case you hadn't heard T.O. had a workout and not one team thought it would be beneficial to send out a single employee to his workout.....yup he's the answer!

Wow....yeah that is what we need....I'd welcome Stallworth back for a flyer but T.O. and Moss can stay on the sidelines.

Last edited:
Already answered about Moss above...Are really saying you want a 37 year old suicidal receiver coming off knee surgery and a korean stem cell medical procedure on this team? And in case you hadn't heard T.O. had a workout and not one team thought it would be beneficial to send out a single employee to his workout.....yup he's the answer!

Wow....yeah that is what we need....I'd welcome Stallworth back for a flyer but T.O. and Moss can stay on the sidelines.

Whatever drugs you're taking, you've got to kick the habit.

So, we're going to carry Underwood on the 53.

Whatever drugs you're taking, you've got to kick the habit.

Really? Because Moss tore the league up on all 3 of the teams he played on last year. And T.O. is awesome....as long as you keep him out of the medicine cabinet....

At least Stallworth has been on an NFL roster this season, is in football shape and knows the base of the offense.

Underwood runs a sub 4.4 40 yard dash, and has experience as a KR with Jacksonville. He had a 53 yard return last season.

Being that he was a late 7th round pick, it's nice that he stayed on the roster two full seasons.

He played at Rutgers...BB loves Rutgers. Hopefully we can get his technique and vision right for kickoffs because you can't teach 4.36 speed.

I hope he sticks here.

Last edited:
Really? Because Moss tore the league up on all 3 of the teams he played on last year. And T.O. is awesome....as long as you keep him out of the medicine cabinet....

At least Stallworth has been on an NFL roster this season, is in football shape and knows the base of the offense.

Moss had 9 receptions in the 4 games he played for the Patriots last season, even though he was nothing but a decoy in that final game. He had 13 catches in the 4 games he played for the Vikings, and he had another 6 catches in Tennessee.

Stallworth has 7 receptions in the last 2 seasons combined.

Last edited:
this is basically an indictment against Edelman....Underwood has speed and can return kicks...hopefully past the 20yard line..

This. KR is yet another problem that needs to addressed. The last few games were like Ground Hog Day at returns. Up the middle with Woody to the 20....again and again....:bricks: Or butter fingers Edleman.:confused: This is what we need, find talent that fit the role instead of trying to make player fit any role.

Last edited:
Moss had 9 receptions in the 4 games he played for the Patriots last season, even though he was nothing but a decoy in that final game. He had 13 catches in the 4 games he played for the Vikings, and he had another 6 catches in Tennessee.

Stallworth has 7 receptions in the last 2 seasons combined.

I'm not saying Stallworth is a savior, but compared to the other two and given all of the dynamics, I think Stallworth would be the best option of the three. I don't see Moss just walking onto the field and being productive and I wouldn't be shocked if he got hurt early on in the process. His back has been an issue for the past 3 years now.... I just don't see him helping.

I'm not saying Stallworth is a savior, but compared to the other two and given all of the dynamics, I think Stallworth would be the best option of the three. I don't see Moss just walking onto the field and being productive and I wouldn't be shocked if he got hurt early on in the process. His back has been an issue for the past 3 years now.... I just don't see him helping.

If Moss signed at the last possible minute to be eligible for Sunday's game, and then showed up for the game after downing a 12 pack of Guinness, I'd still expect that he'd do a better job in that very first game than Stallworth could at any point this season, even if he signed today. Stallworth was done even before he went to prison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back