PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Mohamed Massaquoi at #58 for the Pats?

I have only seen a tiny bit of college ball, but I liked what I saw of Massaquoi. Reminds me of David Givens. Supposedly he also has a good work ethic and attitude; sounds like a Patriots player.

Why is shooting up the draft boards? Maybe because the Patriots worked him out, sigh...

Caserly was the one going on about it and when he ran 10 routes he had to stop at nine due to conditioning??? As I said I really liked this guy during last season.

If he is that out of shape than hes got a problem.:ugh:

Well Aaron Maybin put on about twenty lbs of muscle in about six weeks.
It was almost thirty and he added almost .4 to his 40 time and disappointed many w/ his lack of athletism.

It was almost thirty and he added almost .4 to his 40 time and disappointed many w/ his lack of athletism.

He faired much better at his pro day and ran as low as a 4.59.

Good weight or bad? That is the question.:confused:

Bad. Something supposedly to do with a minor injury and not working out, I think. I'd have to dig to come up with a source.

He faired much better at his pro day and ran as low as a 4.59.

That is a very respectible time for a 3-4 OLB. I see a lot of guru's saying Maybin could grow into the next Ware or the next Tamba Hali.

BB does not usually play the risk vs. reward card in the first round.

If he is that out of shape than hes got a problem.:ugh:
04/05/09 - Pro Day wrap, Player hurt their stock: Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina: A hamstring injury suffered at the combine kept Nicks from working out for much of the time between his time in Indianapolis and his Pro Day, but scouts were nonetheless surprised by how out of shape he appeared at the North Carolina workout. Nicks had gained 14 pounds in less than a month, raising questions about his commitment. - Rob Rang, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout.com

04/03/09 - Concern over Nicks' lack of blazing speed seems to have waned after scouts watched more tapes and appreciated his work in passing drills at a March 17 pro day. At the combine he had a best 40-yard time of 4.51 seconds and a vertical jump of 36 inches before pulling himself out of workouts with a pulled hamstring. His big-play ability was particularly obvious in the first half of the Meineke Car Care Bowl against West Virginia when he had five catches for 181 yards and touchdowns of 73, 66 and 25 yards. Two of his catches will be highlight reel material for years, especially the one in which he maintains control of the ball with one hand as he moves it from one side of his body to the other behind his back. Nicks set school single-season records last year with an ACC-leading 1,222 yards receiving and 12 touchdowns. - Frank Cooney, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout.com
Recent workout reports have him back down to his playing weight. I can see where he might gain the weight, a lot of these kids may never have dealt with what their metabolism is doing to them when they aren't keeping their usual activity level.

Recent workout reports have him back down to his playing weight. I can see where he might gain the weight, a lot of these kids may never have dealt with what their metabolism is doing to them when they aren't keeping their usual activity level.

These kids wil be on a nutrition plan and get professional help with meal planning. Hope they like chicken and seafood.

The scary part for teams is from draft day to signing day. The undisciplined kids will cause teams some trouble.

I have never been able to project wide receivers coming out of college. I mean, at all. That said, I'm not sure about the wisdom of drafting a guy who runs slower than a linebacker who also suffers from the dropsies.
Sounds like Manningham, who I was right about.:D

Is Massaquoi a smart selection at this #58 pick? - I would say it would be a good move if they did.

There are other WR options that represent better VALUE (IMHO).

I know, I know I mention this every like 2 months, but you have no idea how many hours of sleep I've lost over that move. I wanted us to draft Jennings SOOO BADLY.

:itsok: :D

Massaquoi is a very solid receiver, he is flying up draft boards because everyone is watching the Georgia game tapes for Stafford and Moreno and he is jumping out. The best comparison I can make is Troy Brown, always there to male the big 3rd down catch. Brady would love this guy, he has more than enough speed, and he took off this year because Georgia put Green (absoulte Stud Moss clone Frosh WR) on the other side, which showcased Massaquio for what he is, a very good 2nd WR.

I couldn't agree more. I think he's a fifth round guy. I could see taking a possession guy like Iglesias or Dillard in the third, but I don't know what Massaquoi offers us. He's never going to be a #1 WR, so I don't get the line of thinking that he's the long-term replacement for Moss.

Agreed. Dillard would be better in the forth or at #97. Actually the better choice than Iglesias or Dillard would be Collie. 6' 2" and 206. Superb route runner and 4.51 speed. over 100 catches in 2008. Very polished.
Thoughts?
DW Toys

True that --- working at a much lower level of competition, once I stopped wrestling competetively, I was amazed at how quickly I threw on twenty five pounds. My eating habits were not that good but I could get away with a lot by working out 25 to 30 hours per week including plenty of distance running and swimming work as well as a massive amount of anareobic work. Once I cut the work-out load to 6 to 8 hours a week, ouch... that took a year to get used to and adjust my eating habits.

True that --- working at a much lower level of competition, once I stopped wrestling competetively, I was amazed at how quickly I threw on twenty five pounds. My eating habits were not that good but I could get away with a lot by working out 25 to 30 hours per week including plenty of distance running and swimming work as well as a massive amount of anareobic work. Once I cut the work-out load to 6 to 8 hours a week, ouch... that took a year to get used to and adjust my eating habits.
:( I know....

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back