PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you call Andrew luck a System QB now that Stanford is winning without him?

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
No. Am i right? I hope the people (Colts fans especially) who keep saying that Brady is a system QB because the Pats won 11 games with Cassell understand this.

Stanford has been a top 10 NCAA team without Luck for the past two years, Will the Colts fans now say that their QB Luck is just a system QB? Inst he playing well for the Colts too? Similarly Brady on a good team(other than the Pats) would be winning a lot of games.

you should probably stay away from the hayseed harlots...exposure can lower you IQ by 100 points...

fans2.jpg

No. Am i right? I hope the people (Colts fans especially) who keep saying that Brady is a system QB because the Pats won 11 games with Cassell understand this.

Stanford has been a top 10 NCAA team without Luck for the past two years, Will the Colts fans now say that their QB Luck is just a system QB? Inst he playing well for the Colts too? Similarly Brady on a good team(other than the Pats) would be winning a lot of games.

Luck is on the verge of being a great qb, and I like Hogan. I think he's gonna be a good NFL qb. Let the Colts fans hate on Brady. I can see us going back to back weeks in the playoffs beating the new favorite son then the old one.

I will always think this is one of the stupidest arguments someone could ever make.

Regardless of the QB.

Yes, Andrew Luck is a system Quarterback. Put him in any system and he'll make it good.

It is funny. Stanford has been a better football team without Luck.

He was never anything special in college. I still remember his choke job vs. USC.

Luck is the real deal, and I'm not just saying that because he is my fantasy QB and gets me a lot of points :)

10 years from now, baring any physical injuries to Luck, People in Indy will be saying "Who was Payton Manning?"

System QB. A backhanded insult from fans who don't want to admit that someone they hate is really good. I remember Belichick being asked about Brady being a system QB very early in his career and responding by saying something to the effect of "I don't even know what a system quarterback is."

System QB:confused: who are you kidding? dudes like teh Best QB in the league.

kind of hard to say that considering he is succeeding in the nfl, if he had been a flop, or just okay than sure maybe, but hes on the verge of back to back playoff runs, after the colts won 2 games before he arrived.

For anyone that talks about a “system QB” I’d like to know exactly how the system is set up, what elements are unique to that system and how they differ from others.

Any successful QB plays in a system, it consists of good protection, receivers that get open, and intelligent playcalling.

The term system QB is overused and meaningless. Once meant to explain college QBs who played against lesser competition in pass heavy offenses in college thereby explaining inflated numbers now its just thrown out all the time.

It certainly doesn't apply to the NFL where the differences between the worst and best teams are tiny compared to college ball.

Andrew Luck is a great QB.

With Polian gone.....the Colt hate makes zero sense.

Irsay even agrees with patsfans and got the last laugh. What's not to love?

Andrew Luck is a great QB.

With Polian gone.....the Colt hate makes zero sense.

Irsay even agrees with patsfans and got the last laugh. What's not to love?

It's still the Colts. ..I respect them, but I'll forever hate them.

I'd say that David Shaw is a good coach, and should be a strong NFL head coaching candidate.

How many times did Stanford run 66 times and pass 13 when Luck was playing for them?

For anyone that talks about a “system QB” I’d like to know exactly how the system is set up, what elements are unique to that system and how they differ from others.

Any successful QB plays in a system, it consists of good protection, receivers that get open, and intelligent playcalling.

It doesn't mean that a QB is a bad QB. It means that the limitations a QB has requires him to play in a certain style.

Jeff Garcia is a pretty good example of a guy who was a system QB in the NFL, and was able to thrive in that system.

It doesn't mean that a QB is a bad QB. It means that the limitations a QB has requires him to play in a certain style.

Jeff Garcia is a pretty good example of a guy who was a system QB in the NFL, and was able to thrive in that system.

I never said anyone was a bad QB, only that the claim is often BS.

Any coach who is not a complete idiot is going to gear the offense towards their players strengths and away from their weaknesses, that's no different in New England than it is anywhere else.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back