PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would a Celtics title make up for it?

How 'bout 19-0 in 2008?
... and if we beat the Colts and Chargers on the way to the Super Bowl against the Giants, and we win that one 45-0. Also, the Jets would have to have another horrible season, lose the No. 1 pick in the draft in a stupid trade and Mangini would get fired. Mangini would quickly land on his feet taking the job as the Patriots' third video assistant, recording practices and making team highlight videos. That would make it immensely sweeter.

But a Super Bowl in 08 would suffice.

... and if we beat the Colts and Chargers on the way to the Super Bowl against the Giants, and we win that one 45-0. Also, the Jets would have to have another horrible season, lose the No. 1 pick in the draft in a stupid trade and Mangini would get fired. Mangini would quickly land on his feet taking the job as the Patriots' third video assistant, recording practices and making team highlight videos. That would make it immensely sweeter.

But a Super Bowl in 08 would suffice.
if richpats got banned it would make up for the SB loss:rocker:

Just another good NBA champion or the great NFL team of all time. You tell me?

In 1995 the Steelers lost the Superbowl to the Cowboys. Nothing made me feel any better than finally winning it in 2005.

Its great for the NE area and Boston to have the Celtics back in top form, and its great for the NBA, but its apples and oranges. Most football diehards aren't going to care if the hockey team, baseball team, basketball team or favorite racecar driver wins it all when their favorite football team has a huge loss to deal with. And it goes all around for all sports. Die hard hockey fans aren't going to care about baseball, die hard baseball fans aren't going to care about football. So on and so forth. Sure, some people root just as hard for all their hometown sports teams, but really, Dolphins fans aren't necessarily Heat fans. Lakers fans aren't Raiders fans. Diamond Back fans aren't Cardinals fans.

Detroit Pistons fans don't feel better now that the Redwings won the Stanley Cup.

NY Yankees fans don't feel better now that the Giants won the Superbowl.

In 1995 the Steelers lost the Superbowl to the Cowboys. Nothing made me feel any better than finally winning it in 2005.

Its great for the NE area and Boston to have the Celtics back in top form, and its great for the NBA, but its apples and oranges. Most football diehards aren't going to care if the hockey team, baseball team, basketball team or favorite racecar driver wins it all when their favorite football team has a huge loss to deal with. And it goes all around for all sports. Die hard hockey fans aren't going to care about baseball, die hard baseball fans aren't going to care about football. So on and so forth. Sure, some people root just as hard for all their hometown sports teams, but really, Dolphins fans aren't necessarily Heat fans. Lakers fans aren't Raiders fans. Diamond Back fans aren't Cardinals fans.

Detroit Pistons fans don't feel better now that the Redwings won the Stanley Cup.

NY Yankees fans don't feel better now that the Giants won the Superbowl.

If I won the lottery, I'd forget all about the Super Bowl.

Just another good NBA champion or the great NFL team of all time. You tell me?
:confused::confused: the celtics are the greatest franchise in the history of the nba .they are the yankees and canadians of basketball .nobody has won more.

:confused::confused: the celtics are the greatest franchise in the history of the nba .they are the yankees and canadians of basketball .nobody has won more.

He's talking about a single single performance, not the overall history of the team.

If I won the lottery, I'd forget all about the Super Bowl.

If I won the lottery, I'd pay the NFL to overturn the result of Super Bowl 42.

Only if the Celtics would have been undefeated in the regular season at 82-0 and 16-0 in the Playoffs would I have forgotten the destruction of the Patriots in what we call SB 42. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Only if the Celtics would have been undefeated in the regular season at 82-0 and 16-0 in the Playoffs would I have forgotten the destruction of the Patriots in what we call SB 42. :rolleyes:

It's doable, happened to me on NBA 2K8.

Celtics title won't make up for it. However, I think that its title can really improve the image of Boston.

I don't know what everybody thinks but having celtics, redsox, and pats titles in the same year is FREAKING AWESOME.

I will be very happy.

The thing that got me over the loss was the fact that despite popular belief the sun will shine tommorow and the Pats will have a chance to do it all over agian, fixing one thing, next year.

Seeing the Celts win will be gravy.

BEAT LA

Celtics title won't make up for it. However, I think that its title can really improve the image of Boston.

I don't know what everybody thinks but having celtics, redsox, and pats titles in the same year is FREAKING AWESOME.

I will be very happy.

The image of Boston won't change win or lose. It's already pretty much considered the City of Champions this decade. Even though really, Boston has to share the NEW ENGLAND Patriots. Stop being so greedy. :)

asking again as its close to happening....

I must say, for me, a Celtics Championship, combined with the Red Sox having won the 2007 World Series, does make up for the Patriots ONLY getting to the Super Bowl.

to say otherwise would be proving beyond a doubt we are the most spoiled and ungrateful sports fans anywhere, even, dare I say, New York.

that would make 6 Championships in the last 6 years and 4 months.

puh-leeeeze.

I was watching the Patriots-Dolphins game at Miami in 2003 at Longhorns in Leominster. everybody was draggin dead as it wasd just days after the Grady Little game. When Brady hit Brown with the OT bomb we all caqme alive again.

If the Celtics pull this off they will have done the same for Boston.

You play fantasy football, don't you.

Giants will never allow it to happen because they know that they are going to loose this time FOR SURE.

Then we just call them out for being chickenshiit.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back