PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What O/U on Mac Jones TDs would make it a hard decision for you?

But, according to you all, Brady had an MVP season last year and was clutch!
Bro I never mentioned Brady in this thread. Your obsession with the man is weird

Bro I never mentioned Brady in this thread. Your obsession with the man is weird
That's his MO:
1. Bring up Brady in a totally unrelated thread.
2. Wait for a reaction.
3. Complain to mods that "Bradyites" are at it again.

The forum idiot is so predictable, not even the mods pay him any attention. He does love his McD fries though.

LonelyFeistyBovine-size_restricted.gif

That's his MO:
1. Bring up Brady in a totally unrelated thread.
2. Wait for a reaction.
3. Complain to mods that "Bradyites" are at it again.

The forum idiot is so predictable, not even the mods pay him any attention. He does love his McD fries though.

View attachment 43909
Yep. That actually him in a promotional preview of his upcoming documentary: "How I proved the TB12 method doesn't work"

I'm expecting something like a 30 TD, 13 INT season. Thats 8 more TD's with the same number of INT's. He'll be asked to do more, but will still manage to take care of the ball. I'm bullish on Mac and would actually go higher, but i don't think they would put the whole offense on his shoulders yet.

I'm expecting something like a 30 TD, 13 INT season. Thats 8 more TD's with the same number of INT's. He'll be asked to do more, but will still manage to take care of the ball. I would actually go higher, but i don't think they would put the whole offense on his shoulders yet.
I'm hesitant on the 30TDs because I know how much this playbook likes to run the ball near the goal line.

I'd be happy with 0 as long as the Pats win

The 30 mark feels about right. While I think they'll lean on the passing game more, their running backs are too good not to utilize inside the 10. I imagine the TD count will grow year-over-year as Mac improves, the passing game evolves and they probably de-emphasize the RB position a bit.

On a side note, I wonder how many passing TDs will be thrown by players besides Mac this year. How much action will Hoyer and Zappe get? How many trick plays will they attempt, and how many will convert for scores? I feel like the number of non-QB players who can throw pretty well keeps growing every season.

The ansswer's 42. What's the question again? :D

Looked up the regular season splits last year on play calls inside the opponent 10. Definitely favored the run call close to the goal line over the pass and with a 42% success rate rightfully so.

Maybe that split will change a bit this year as the reins are loosened on Mac and Jonnu Smith hopefully has a better season and becomes a red zone threat. Parker too. Then we'll see Mac's TD numbers go up.

Passes: 29 (10 TD)
Runs: 47 (20 TD)
FGA: 7

I'm hesitant on the 30TDs because I know how much this playbook likes to run the ball near the goal line.
I agree with 30 because I think one of these receivers will break out as a deep threat.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back