PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would a Celtics title make up for it?

It would be very nice and contribute to N.E. bragging rights and hatred from other areas of the country (love that), but sad to say, it won't make up for it. PATS are #1 for me. SB loss still hurts deeply.

Nope. But it would be nice.

I'm a NE sports thru and thru.

Feb. 3 2002 and October 20th 2004 are 2 recent dates that mark recent special moments in NE sports. I'm hoping the Celtics add to the legacy.

A Celtics title doesn't "make up for it", but it definately helps legitimise NE as the mecca of sports in this country.

If the Bruins take the next step this upcoming season it could potentially make this region, at this time, the most dominant in American sports history.

What sports fans in NE are experiencing right now is unprecedented. It's WICKID FAHKIN AWSUM!!!!

a double meaning. Boston fan for life. And it has to do with my Faith.

Thanks for answering. Language fascinates me, and the ambiguity lead to my question. Isn't it interesting how language can lead to both strict differences in literal meaning yet can also evoke new, indirect meaning? </end book club>

It would ease the pain. But the only thing that will make up for it is a Super Bowl championship.

nope, not even close. the nfl is the most popular sport, and the SB got far better ratings than even a game 7 of the nba finals would. plus, i dont care about basketball.....

Hell, I'm sure you can find a good amount of people here who'd tell you even a Pats championship next year won't make up for this year...

Hell, I'm sure you can find a good amount of people here who'd tell you even a Pats championship next year won't make up for this year...

Even if we win the next 5, it won't make up for it...

Besides, I'm from New England and I love to wallow in my misery. So don't try to ruin it for me!:mad:

I care deeply about the Celtics and pray that they win, but... no. Nothing can make up for the Pats lost. Never.

No...Never!!!!!!!! Even Jesus returning to Earth for a day would not make up for it.

No...Never!!!!!!!! Even Jesus returning to Earth for a day would not make up for it.

Someone finally put that loss in the correct context

There isn't anything to replace nothing ... I want it all ... :p

As much as I love the Celtics and as much as I have enjoyed this season, nothing will make up for last year's super bowl loss. I am still in denial about it.

Count me as one of those, at least so far. Maybe I'll feel differently with our next Lombardi Party but right now the 07 SB, to me, was a devastating loss that stands alone and is without comparison. SB wins have the same uniqueness; each one was different.

NO!

does that answer your question.

Your question assumes that most fans think of all three things equally. It's nice that the other teams have won, but I would not have beens bummed out if they hadn't- not by a long shot.

Exactly :) While I'm a Boston sports fan and take great pride in any and all championships our teams have accumulated, there's only one team I live and die by sports-wise, and that's the Patriots. My "fan-ship" is not fluid, floating from one team to another,one banner to another.

Ask a die-hard Celts fan if a Lombardi in 08 would "make up" for seeing the Lakers win this Championship. I'll go out on a limb and presume the answer will be no:bricks:

Even if we win the next 5, it won't make up for it...

Besides, I'm from New England and I love to wallow in my misery. So don't try to ruin it for me!:mad:

I agree. If they go 100 wins and win the next five SBs It will still be "man, they could be 119..."

The fact that they are a mere 2 plays from having 5 SB trophies along with a perfect season is disappointing at best, but you can't change it and you can't make up for it. You can only accept it and cherish the next one, if and when it comes.

That is why I'm going to relish a Celtics title if and when they get it. It will soften the SB loss somewhat, and a Finals loss will accentuate the SB loss. That doesn't keep me from enjoying it, though.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back