PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would a Celtics title make up for it?

Lifer

Banned
Reaction score
asking again as its close to happening....

I must say, for me, a Celtics Championship, combined with the Red Sox having won the 2007 World Series, does make up for the Patriots ONLY getting to the Super Bowl.

to say otherwise would be proving beyond a doubt we are the most spoiled and ungrateful sports fans anywhere, even, dare I say, New York.

that would make 6 Championships in the last 6 years and 4 months.

puh-leeeeze.

I was watching the Patriots-Dolphins game at Miami in 2003 at Longhorns in Leominster. everybody was draggin dead as it wasd just days after the Grady Little game. When Brady hit Brown with the OT bomb we all caqme alive again.

If the Celtics pull this off they will have done the same for Boston.

Last edited:
NO!

does that answer your question.

Your question assumes that most fans think of all three things equally. It's nice that the other teams have won, but I would not have beens bummed out if they hadn't- not by a long shot.

Last edited:
It sure as hell would help.

I'd like to add some insightful comment to back up the previous replies.

HELL NO!

Some of us are only fans of the Patriots.

I would give up both of the Red Sox recent championships for that superbowl win.

BTW, I tried watching the game last night. Watched about a half hour and then the Lakers went ahead. I stopped watching. I haven't been able to watch an entire sporting event since that dreadful day in February. I'm hoping this will all go away once real football starts again and I can put that nightmare behind me.

please dont make me laugh. i am rooting for the celts as much as anyone. i always go to a few games a year and just bough a beat LA tee shirt and I am a celts fan but it doesnt come close to making up for the superbowl. it is like 1/1000 of making up for the SB if they win.

Is this a joke? Nothing can make up for that fateful day in February. NOTHING!

I must say, for me, a Celtics Championship, combined with the Red Sox having won the 2007 World Series, does make up for the Patriots ONLY getting to the Super Bowl.

to say otherwise would be proving beyond a doubt we are the most spoiled and ungrateful sports fans anywhere, even, dare I say, New York.

puh-leeeeze.

I was watching the Patriots-Dolphins game at Miami in 2003 at Longhorns in Leominster. everybody was draggin dead as it wasd just days after the Grady Little game. When Brady hit Brown with the OT bomb we all caqme alive again.

What's wrong with you people? Stop it!

puh-leeeeze.

I was watching the Patriots-Dolphins game at Miami in 2003 at Longhorns in Leominster. everybody was draggin dead as it wasd just days after the Grady Little game. When Brady hit Brown with the OT bomb we all came alive again.

No. But if the Wayland Ladies' Auxiliary Croquet Team won the regional finals, it might take a slight amount of sting out of the Super Bowl 42 debacle.

why do people keep asking this question? I'll be very happy for the Celtics if they win but nothing can take away the heartache I felt, and continue to feel, about what happened in Feb. Only the exact oppostite thing happening next Feb. will make up for it.

Im enjoying the Celtics again, and its great however nothing beats a super bowl championship for the Pats, everything else would be icing on the cake.. So no it would not make up for it..

puh-leeeeze.

Apples & oranges for me. I will be very happy for the Celtics if they win and it has been exciting to watch them in the playoffs. However, it won't make up for my boys coming so close and losing it in the end.

I'm not a Celtics fan so hell no.

I'd be psyched and really hope the Celts win it again. But I think that would make the Super Bowl loss even worse. If they win it we could have had the Sox, Pats, and Celts win championships. I don't believe that has ever happened before where a city won three of the championships in the four major sports. For the Pats of all teams to be the one that didn't live up to their end of the bargain would really suck.

puh-leeeeze.

it would ease the pain a bit yes. im as much a celtics fan as i am a redsox bruins and a patriots fan. i grew up loving them all as did most boston sports fans. if the celtics win i would be thrilled but still think what if regarding the recent SB. winning two out of three would be great .:rocker:

Is this a joke? Nothing can make up for that fateful day in February. NOTHING!

So as not to hijack this thread, let me simply say that I can think of a LOT of things that would mean more to me than watching the Pats win SB42 would have.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back