------------
Devon Still DT
Nick Perry DE
Whitney Mercilus DE
Jerel Worthy DT
Dont'a Hightower ILB
---------
Kendall Reyes DT

In no particular order those those the first 26 picks. Admittedly I move Tannehill down for this exercise and given last year's draft he's probably gone but lets assume his stock has dropped and there are no trade partners and we are picking here. Below are some of the names that have been thrown around as potential Patriots picks. Unfortunately in the first round I only like Glenn and it's not a position of need. Konz and Thompson are borderline firsts but I have doubts about Thompson in our scheme and center isn't the biggest area of need. I think Floyd was a workout wonder and do not see the first round value there.

Assuming you can't trade down who's your pick?

Michael Floyd WR
Mark Barron SS
Ryan Tannehill QB
Cordy Glenn OG
Rueben Randle WR
Peter Konz C
Brandon Thompson DT
Coby Fleener TE
Alshon Jeffery WR
Alfonzo Dennard CB
Stephen Hill WR

Hill, not even close, playmakers, it time you drafted some..........

Hill, not even close, playmakers, it time you drafted some..........

Sounds good to me. Is he ranked higher than Randle?

What is the concensus about Mark Barron? Obviously Safety is a need and he is the highest ranked guy. Are his coverage skills too weak?

Impression: Has the makings of a heck of a special teams player who can also attack downhill vs. the run game, play inside the box and drive on the football in front of him in the pass game. Isn't going to be a major threat turning and tracking the football, but his improved instincts makes me think he can start in the league early on.

Mark Barron

You can get Streeter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Bu3538FdY in the later rounds who i think will be a stud. 6"5 4 4 speed can stretch the field and go up in double coverage and come down with it cmon now. I would take Barron and its not even close. Then pick up Crick aka the man the myth the binkie at 31 fills 2 huge needs.

Last edited:
Barron, but Glenn is intriguing if Waters retires. Glenn will be gone before 27 realistically.

Barron

(As for Randle, I saw him play a lot, and I don't think he's a first rounder. (In fairness to him, though, they didn't have good QBs at LSU while he was there.))

I would take Floyd over Hill. Combine winners are not always winners.

I overlooked him, he should definitely by gone by 27. In this worst case scenario I would take:

1) Floyd
2) Hill
3) Barron
4) Konz

Barron
Glenn
Jeffery
Konz
Fleener

Kendall Wright won;'t go before Floyd. 'Workout wonder' is unbelievably harsh. If he unimaginably falls to #27 we shouldn't hesitate to take him.

Hill is a workout wonder if I ever saw one.

I think you need to take Janoris Jenkins out of your top 26 and add Mark Barron. I don't think the Pats would touch JJ in the first round. Four kids by three Mothers at 22, kicked out of Florida, several drug arrests??? Enough said.

If that is the 1st round thru pick #26, then pick #27 is a trade for Tannerhill (High 2nd and 1st next year). Right now, everything is in flux because of Manning and pending Free Agency (Matt Flynn). There may not be a need for Tannerhill in the 1st round.

I am thinking Reyes will drop to them. He has exploded up the draft projections from December to now being mentioned by several prominant draft prognosticators as a potential 1st round pick.

I wouldn't rule out a guy like Andre Branch there either.

I think you need to take Janoris Jenkins out of your top 26 and add Mark Barron. I don't think the Pats would touch JJ in the first round. Four kids by three Mothers at 22, kicked out of Florida, several drug arrests??? Enough said.

It's certainly a valid point. I think Jenkins is vastly more talented but probably not a Pats guy. I think he's also more likely to be gone but if you wanted to eliminate Barron that's fine. I don't see him as a first round value regardless.

Kendall Wright won;'t go before Floyd. 'Workout wonder' is unbelievably harsh. If he unimaginably falls to #27 we shouldn't hesitate to take him.

Hill is a workout wonder if I ever saw one.

If teams are looking at on-field production Wright will go ahead of Floyd and Wright wins the character battle as well. Floyd's combine exceeded his production. Was it scheme or the QB? Perhaps.

Michael Floyd is not at all a workout warrior. If he worked out well, that's just a bonus. This kid has been the best receiver/player on his team since he was a sophomore in high school. He has tremendous ability to adjust to the ball when it is thrown.

He got a DUI at some point, but was also named a team captain at Notre Dame. One DUI does not a character concern make.

I'm not even advocating taking Floyd in round 1, although I certainly would take him in round 2. He has never not been a stud, and his production at Notre Dame was effected by playing with a rotating QB carousel.

Floyd and i wouldn't think twice. I would take floyd over blackmon honestly.

I think we have a unique opportunity to be in because we can get the best Safety(Barron) and the best Center(Konz) at picks 27 and 31...and we have holes at BOTH positions. There arent many Safeties available in free agency and even if we resign Connolly, Konz could be there for the next decade. While people have equated "doubling down" with TE 2 years ago and RB last year....but this year it wont be at WR, it will be interior OL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back