PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

The news that Ernie Adams is retiring reminded me of two things. There was this article. So smart to look outside football for insight into him:

I also noticed two *really* bad coaches challenges by Belichick during the 2020 season, the second of which was in the Monday Night loss to the Bills, after which he threw his phone. Famously, Ernie Adams was in charge of challenges from the upstairs booth and the thought of BB losing his temper with someone he'd been friends with for 50 years really struck me. Maybe it was that that persuaded Ernie it was time to call it a day.

Thanks Mike. Great thoughts to share. You are probably right.

Appreciate the post. Lets put the draft stuff in the Pats Big Board thread. Mods can lock this up if they want so the board evens out.

Do those charts take into account that both San Fran and Chicago expended lots of next years draft value to move up in this year's draft?
That's a good question. To be honest i am not sure. Maybe someone else knows this..

Appreciate the post. Lets put the draft stuff in the Pats Big Board thread. Mods can lock this up if they want so the board evens out.
Yeah i had no idea where to post it, was thinking about a draft grade thread but decided another draft thread might be too much. I'll post it there

Pats' grade would've been even better if it weren't for that panic-stricken trade-up for Barmore and their nearly complete ****-up on day 3.
You don't like the Barmore Pick? I think it's worth the risk. I honestly did not really know sherman bledsoe and Nixon before..

BB versus Trevor Lawrence? Oh man, that could get ugly for the young pup. He will be seeing ghosts....
Multiple reports are saying that Darnold is glad he only has to face BB one time next season...

200.gif

Some young QB's...that should be fun for BB...

The pieces are all in place for a historic defense, not because our talent is otherworldly -- they're good/great, but not all timers, IMO -- but because the opposition is really inconsistent and young. I see a strong bounce back year this season.

You don't like the Barmore Pick? I think it's worth the risk. I honestly did not really know sherman bledsoe and Nixon before..

Not particularly...I would've liked it a Lot better, however, without the panic-stricken (or worse) trade-up...

I also would've been very tempted to take here either the best WR available, Terrence Marshall; one among the top 3 OLmen available - Sam Cosmi, Dillon Radunz or Creed Humphrey; the best DE available, Boogie Basham, whose physical profile is better-suited than Ronnie Perkins' for what's expected from a DE here; or even DT Alim McNeill, who has more than Barmore of what we need most: run-stopping ability.

Not particularly...I would've liked it a Lot better, however, without the panic-stricken (or worse) trade-up...

I also would've been very tempted to take here either the best WR available, Terrence Marshall; one among the top 3 OLmen available - Sam Cosmi, Dillon Radunz or Creed Humphrey; the best DE available, Boogie Basham, whose physical profile is better-suited than Ronnie Perkins' for what's expected from a DE here; or even DT Alim McNeill, who has more than Barmore of what we need most: run-stopping ability.
I think a third down DT pass rusher is a bigger need than an two down run stopper. We have Godchaux Anderson and Guy who are more run stopper than Pass Rusher, so only Wise rushing from the interior against the pass doesn't convince me. Also Barmore has the frame and showed flashes to help on early downs as well..he is a way better run stopper than Butler was imo...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back