PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

I wouldn't be sad to see Simon go at lol but think he'd be a serviceable backup.
He's just a camp body at this point; but if he agrees to a one-year, non-guaranteed, vet-minimum deal then yeah I guess...

Figures...A scummy organization brings Another scummy player into the building...**** the Kansas Sh!tty Queefs to Hell, starting with their QB.
What's wrong with Mahomes?

If he does come back in that fashion I think we're a few pieces away up front from a good defense. Wino, HT, Uche, Jennings, Simon, Wise, Butler and a few big boys up front have the makings of a decent looking 3-4 / 2-5. Esp if we ever let Hightower rush the passer full-time (Please Bill just one year. I've only seen good things happen when 54 rushes the QB) Wino, Hightower, Uche & Simon isn't bad at all with Butler, Guy and additional help on the line.
I always like your insight. So, based on this above, you believe the Pats will bring back Simon, Wise, Butler, and Guy??

Idk I think he's played pretty well all things considering. I'm not crowning him, Dugger or Onwenu yet but I thought each proved their worth right away. Walsh used to want guys to show their worth by year two or it was make or break after that. I'm happy with them so far.

I think Hightower coming back, in shape, ready to rock is the best thing for this group. Gives everyone else a little breathing room and really allows them to play their role.

If he does come back in that fashion I think we're a few pieces away up front from a good defense. Wino, HT, Uche, Jennings, Simon, Wise, Butler and a few big boys up front have the makings of a decent looking 3-4 / 2-5. Esp if we ever let Hightower rush the passer full-time (Please Bill just one year. I've only seen good things happen when 54 rushes the QB) Wino, Hightower, Uche & Simon isn't bad at all with Butler, Guy and additional help on the line.
The key to everything is getting a nose tackle. As you said, I believe we have a lot of the pieces already. A quality nose tackle opens up so much flexibility with the defense and will go a long way towards fixing the running problems. Hightower setting the edge (and rushing the passer otherwise) solves the other big problem.

I always like your insight. So, based on this above, you believe the Pats will bring back Simon, Wise, Butler, and Guy??
I think Wise might get more $ elsewhere. I could see a few teams use him in a more traditional role-more snaps, so again he might get a few decent offers.

I'd bet a lot of money Bill wants Guy & Butler back, for sure. I doubt either gets a offer that is that much better than others although both will command the most out of the bunch.

Simon is the least valuable of the group imo so I could see Bill setting a minimum and saying we'd love to have you but have a lot of other concerns that are more pressing.

The key to everything is getting a nose tackle. As you said, I believe we have a lot of the pieces already. A quality nose tackle opens up so much flexibility with the defense and will go a long way towards fixing the running problems. Hightower setting the edge (and rushing the passer otherwise) solves the other big problem.
I'm very interested in which way Bill goes on defense. It's a bare group in a lot of ways so w/e moves he makes should give us a little insight into where he's going. I love the flexibility we have in the secondary and a few others but we need reinforcements in the worst way. A legit NT we could count on would be welcomed for sure.

Figures...A scummy organization brings Another scummy player into the building...**** the Kansas Sh!tty Queefs to Hell, starting with their QB.
I could be convinced otherwise, but I’d say their QB is one of the few likeable players on KC... (also have soft spot for Tardif, who’s opted out for 2020)

I could be convinced otherwise, but I’d say their QB is one of the few likeable players on KC... (also have soft spot for Tardif, who’s opted out for 2020)

I have no view on the QB, but I have huge respect for Duvernay-Tardif who has been working as a medical orderly back in Montreal while "opted out".

I have no view on the QB, but I have huge respect for Duvernay-Tardif who has been working as a medical orderly back in Montreal while "opted out".

How Billy & Nicky & Lombardi thought that Jonny Halapio was a better prospect than LDT just blows my mind.

How Billy & Nicky & Lombardi thought that Jonny Halapio was a better prospect than LDT just blows my mind.
Different positions. You also seem to forget that they had a Different O-Line coach at the time, though Dante DID chime in. And not for nothing, but Halapio has had a decent NFL Career.

Kamara as well..

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back