PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

Reminds me of McNabb, who once said he didn't know (regular season) games could end in a tie.

Why McNabb still takes heat for this, but not Jay Gruden, baffles me. Gruden was fired after being filmed smoking weed in the street with a young gal, but he should have been fired after Washington tied Cincinnati in 2016.Screenshot_20201211-133532_Brave.jpg

Last edited:
Sign me up. He is likely to be one of the higher paid free agent WR though. Curtis Samuel is who I have my eye on.

Which ever WR they want - just get a #1 WR. And to give @captain stone credit, however much I hate to :mad:, we need a veteran tight end as well, Hunter Henry or similar. Asiasi was effectively covered by a much smaller DB because he could not sell his incut and could not muscle the guy either (shades of Harry last year), so I expect Asiasi is on a Y3 breakout curve. Keene might be OK next year, but we need a lead TE - after two years with no TE, it is too painful to watch the "no TE offense" again in 2021, hence the veteran TE need. Izzo and LaCosse are nice men, not Tight Ends.

Which ever WR they want - just get a #1 WR. And to give @captain stone credit, however much I hate to :mad:, we need a veteran tight end as well, Hunter Henry or similar. Asiasi was effectively covered by a much smaller DB because he could not sell his incut and could not muscle the guy either (shades of Harry last year), so I expect Asiasi is on a Y3 breakout curve. Keene might be OK next year, but we need a lead TE - after two years with no TE, it is too painful to watch the "no TE offense" again in 2021, hence the veteran TE need. Izzo and LaCosse are nice men, not Tight Ends.
Yeah that post-game meeting between Bill & Henry last week was...interesting...

Why McNabb still takes heat for this, but not Jay Gruden, baffles me. Gruden was fired after being filmed smoking weed in the street with a young gal, but he should have been fired after Washington tied Cincinnati in 2016.View attachment 29420
I never knew Gruden said that... yeah it’s worse for a coach to be that clueless....

I never knew Gruden said that... yeah it’s worse for a coach to be that clueless....
Yep...one of the reasons why he's the JAGs OC now...but only for four more games...

Hmm ... You can't blame a reporter for writing negatively about the J*E*T*E. On the other hand, who needs to make things up?
I'm surprised he hasn't been knocked out. The guy is a loser. I'm not a tough guy at all but if he said or did some of the things hes accused of to me. Or I happen to see him bully someone, I'm letting him know real quick to **** that **** down or I'll open hand smack him and then clown him to see if he likes being treated that way. I'm legit shocked how this guy got away with some of this stuff. He wasn't a great reporter by any means. Click bait nonsense and a lot of sloppy reporting.

Yep, especially when the QB is in shotgun formation; and most especially when it's empty shotgun...though Hyde was wide open in the left flat during that first play...Don't know why more defenses don't use the Amoeba front; screw the 3-point stance on passing downs...
It's amazing we don't see more of it against empty/SG. Especially against certain QB's that will turtle under pressure.

I'm surprised he hasn't been knocked out. The guy is a loser. I'm not a tough guy at all but if he said or did some of the things hes accused of to me. Or I happen to see him bully someone, I'm letting him know real quick to **** that **** down or I'll open hand smack him and then clown him to see if he likes being treated that way. I'm legit shocked how this guy got away with some of this stuff. He wasn't a great reporter by any means. Click bait nonsense and a lot of sloppy reporting.

Indeed. He's clearly the product of a toxic ****tail. First, there is the New York "tough guy", elbows-out culture added to the way that the newspaper industry is in decline that let him get away with stuff so long as people read him. But beyond that there is the fact that he was beat reporter for a franchise that is so unsuccessful and dysfunctional that people don't want to read about it for its own sake but might do if it's packaged as a kind of negative entertainment.

Plus, the DB got away with a subtle jersey tug just after Asiasi made his cut.
AD74E42A-F1C7-4649-BC26-A3A08A82DF05.jpeg
EFCE2375-C211-488F-8A34-98CC51C09A49.jpegC598EBB4-D652-4377-840A-F0E15213CB40.jpeg

Attachments

• A32FFA04-42B0-45B1-A3A1-99A8C4487762.jpeg
    A32FFA04-42B0-45B1-A3A1-99A8C4487762.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes