PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Words on things I watched, read & heard

Plus, the DB got away with a subtle jersey tug just after Asiasi made his cut.
View attachment 29429
View attachment 29430View attachment 29432

Agreed, but it is a contact sport. Look at the size advantage Asiasi has. Asiasi will learn to hit the db harder at the top of his route to "shake" him off. I was excited to see Asiasi activated for the game and then being thrown to twice - they are trying to integrate him. That is a good sign for the future. Let's hope Keene and Asiasi shine in 2021.

Number 1 for coastal Carolina is a play making stud,
They have a few nice prospects. McCall will be a hot name going into next year. Marable is a player, White ain't bad either. Few other guys. Their offense and Kentucky's defense from a few years ago have been two of the funniest watches I've had.

@reamer Ras Douglas still getting worked on doubles. Idk why but I always think the post on the draft forum when I see him. He's still playing, there's that lol.

PTP Big Board coming soon btw. Hoping tonight. Been ready for a minute but I wanted to tweak and just haven't had the time with work (7 days/sometimes 10-12 hours). So just going to put it out tonight or tomorrow. I try to be perfect too much. Have about 120 names. Sorry it took so long @patsfanfromoversea

This is interesting bc so many scouts are "working from home" this past year. Hopefully the SR Bowl goes off. I don't think people understand how powerful these events are. Senior Bowl, combine, pro bowl ... There's nothing like face to face and in person. Especially when talking about brokering deals in establishing relationships.

Last edited:
PTP Big Board coming soon btw. Hoping tonight. Been ready for a minute but I wanted to tweak and just haven't had the time with work (7 days/sometimes 10-12 hours). So just going to put it out tonight or tomorrow. I try to be perfect too much. Have about 120 names. Sorry it took so long @patsfanfromoversea

This is interesting bc so many scouts are "working from home" this past year. Hopefully the SR Bowl goes off. I don't think people understand how powerful these events are. Senior Bowl, combine, pro bowl ... There's nothing like face to face and in person. Especially when talking about brokering deals in establishing relationships.

Thank you and no worries that is a huge workload much more than normal workload where i live. Working 7 days a week and we would have huge Demonstrations here

I don't see many of the college games but watch the big bowls and try to catch all of the all star games. Senior Bowl is great, Uche stood out last year.

Thank you and no worries that is a huge workload much more than normal workload where i live. Working 7 days a week and we would have huge Demonstrations here
LOL that's funny. Americans have a lot to learn my friend! We definitely work ourselves into the ground. I'm a dummy in construction so I'll chase the money and nowadays so many schedules just factor in overtime - 6-7 days or 10-12 hours during the week to finish the project asap so the workers are in a tough spot some times. You don't want to have a bad rep but you literally have no life. Mi vida loco (I'm trying to learn Spanish bc so many guys speak it in construction)

I don't see many of the college games but watch the big bowls and try to catch all of the all star games. Senior Bowl is great, Uche stood out last year.
Those practices are huge. You get 1 on 1's against top tier talent. OL/DL, 1 on 1? You can't pass that up that's good stuff and again you're putting all the all-stars against each other so the comp is even. Plus the interactions between players and coaches is priceless for teams. Seeing how guys are in between reps. How they prep and handle themselves on/off the field. Teams value that for sure.

LOL that's funny. Americans have a lot to learn my friend! We definitely work ourselves into the ground. I'm a dummy in construction so I'll chase the money and nowadays so many schedules just factor in overtime - 6-7 days or 10-12 hours during the week to finish the project asap so the workers are in a tough spot some times. You don't want to have a bad rep but you literally have no life. Mi vida loco (I'm trying to learn Spanish bc so many guys speak it in construction)
Especially that amount of time in physical work like construction is tough. I used to work in a bank and had not more than 39 hours per week, and never worked on weekends. Yeah i can see there must be a lot projects where guys who make the plan calculate low costs and finish it early so you have to work longer. It's tough if that is the situation for a long time. How long you been doing this? Where i live we have strong unions who trade for less hours per week. Even in the industry you see a lot of contracts between union and company that contain only like 35 hours per week. Some partys are even demanding a 4 day week of work..you guys don't have much vacation per year do you? read sth about sometimes only 10-15 days per year..i always thought spanish sounds nice but i am bad in learning languages. What does mi vida loco mean in english?

Especially that amount of time in physical work like construction is tough. I used to work in a bank and had not more than 39 hours per week, and never worked on weekends. Yeah i can see there must be a lot projects where guys who make the plan calculate low costs and finish it early so you have to work longer. It's tough if that is the situation for a long time. How long you been doing this? Where i live we have strong unions who trade for less hours per week. Even in the industry you see a lot of contracts between union and company that contain only like 35 hours per week. Some partys are even demanding a 4 day week of work..you guys don't have much vacation per year do you? read sth about sometimes only 10-15 days per year..i always thought spanish sounds nice but i am bad in learning languages. What does mi vida loco mean in english?
Didn't see this until now. Actually had the night off bc we're getting a little snow in Boston (1-1.5 feet lol) Fell asleep the time usually take a nap and didn't wake up.

So I'm in local 22 which covers most of Boston. It's actually one of the better labor unions in the country tbh. Just under $40 per hour and we get a small raise every year or two that goes in our check or annuity. Our annuity is 8 something right now. 8.60-8.80 around there. So every hour we work we get that put in a fund for when we retire. Every thousand hours you work you get a pension credit ($100 per month) so the idea is to get 20-30 years (2-3k per month on top of social security) and again your annuity which can be could be anywhere from 200k-250k for 20 years and 300-450k for 30 years. Thats where OT comes in play and you can rack up the money.
I've been in for 8 years, fortunate to have 8 good years where I have 8 credits.

Our benefits our really good. Dental, medical... You're paying almost nothing most of the time if not nothing. Blue/Cross. I mean I never went to college so I consider myself lucky. 30-35 free chiropractor visits. Like 15-20 free massages.

It's tough. Right now there's so much work in Boston, even with Covid that companies and the unions are really on the same page in terms of work, work, work. And like you said companies will factor in "Hey I can pay these guys OT and work them 10-12 hours a days for 6 months and save 50-100K as opposed to a 40 hour work week for a year and half". So the workers just ride the wave. I have no life but I'd never be able to make 100K doing anything else. Granted laborers kind of max out around 110-115K unless you're a foreman or steward. So we'll never be rich rich but most of us are meatheads and lucky to have this.

If I was advising a young person that isn't the brightest bulb but a hard worker. Not afraid to get dirty. A little initiative and creativity. Get in a trade. I know people that went to really great schools but are struggling bc its very hard to separate yourself after school. Flashing a degree isn't enough. You're competing against Harvard, Brown, Yale, MIT etc so again it's a jungle and can be tough for some.

Didn't see this until now. Actually had the night off bc we're getting a little snow in Boston (1-1.5 feet lol) Fell asleep the time usually take a nap and didn't wake up.

So I'm in local 22 which covers most of Boston. It's actually one of the better labor unions in the country tbh. Just under $40 per hour and we get a small raise every year or two that goes in our check or annuity. Our annuity is 8 something right now. 8.60-8.80 around there. So every hour we work we get that put in a fund for when we retire. Every thousand hours you work you get a pension credit ($100 per month) so the idea is to get 20-30 years (2-3k per month on top of social security) and again your annuity which can be could be anywhere from 200k-250k for 20 years and 300-450k for 30 years. Thats where OT comes in play and you can rack up the money.
I've been in for 8 years, fortunate to have 8 good years where I have 8 credits.

Our benefits our really good. Dental, medical... You're paying almost nothing most of the time if not nothing. Blue/Cross. I mean I never went to college so I consider myself lucky. 30-35 free chiropractor visits. Like 15-20 free massages.

It's tough. Right now there's so much work in Boston, even with Covid that companies and the unions are really on the same page in terms of work, work, work. And like you said companies will factor in "Hey I can pay these guys OT and work them 10-12 hours a days for 6 months and save 50-100K as opposed to a 40 hour work week for a year and half". So the workers just ride the wave. I have no life but I'd never be able to make 100K doing anything else. Granted laborers kind of max out around 110-115K unless you're a foreman or steward. So we'll never be rich rich but most of us are meatheads and lucky to have this.

If I was advising a young person that isn't the brightest bulb but a hard worker. Not afraid to get dirty. A little initiative and creativity. Get in a trade. I know people that went to really great schools but are struggling bc its very hard to separate yourself after school. Flashing a degree isn't enough. You're competing against Harvard, Brown, Yale, MIT etc so again it's a jungle and can be tough for some.
Thanks for the explanation. To be honest i struggled to understand the first part due to my crap knowledge of the english language. But i can see that you are satisfied with the benefits from your job. I mean its probably not common to have dental medical benefits in the usa is it? It sounds like a good way to get the money for the retirement. It looks like we have a different system here for retirement. Every month a specific percent of my salary goes to a fund..that counts for every worker except guys who work for the government..and you get points for your working time which determine the amount you get from that fund during your retirement time...but its like the amount of older guys increases a lot and less younger guys who are paying in and therefore paying the annuity for the retirement guys..so you need to make some private savings for retirement..i do this as well with an insurance like thing investing in a fund of shares mostly consisting out of usa stocks...the benefits here like medical and that stuff are pretty nice as well..we have a duty to pay in that same way like the retirement stuff with a specific percent of your salary and you get the insurance..you can't be without health insurance here its duty for everyone so no choice here.
Yeah totally agree..the last part is same as here as well..i started working after my school and stopped for studying economics..but there are so many students who are studying almost the same so its hard to separate yourself from them..thats why i need good grades and maybe specific lectures to be not one of thousands...if you are not motivated here at university and get only an average degree you have a hard time finding a job which is not underrated due to your degree...speaking of separation I'm wondering what Harry has to say about this (just kidding)

BB since 1991 against first/second year QBs:
-67% ATS

QBs with 8+ years experience:
-62% ATS

QB with 3-7 years of experience:
-50% ATS

The DE there (the RT's inside shoulder) like totally bit the cheese on that play fake...He even tackled the RB without realizing what had just happened...Nice seal block by the Flanker as well as the RT...

Having the OT just bail on that could leave a QB or RB for a devastating hit. Really depends on if the DE doesn't play it right. I feel like this is able to be defended once DEs are coached on it

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back