PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
I don't remember many if any making mention of his throwing motion as an issue going forward...?
If Shanahan can’t get that guy straight I’m not sure who can? He’s done a good job of making qbs serviceable over the years. Don’t think throwing is his issue, recognition decision making and reading defenses is. It was known he was a project coming out, a cannon arm and great scrambling ability that needed time to adjust and learn. Tbh, this is his last year before the vultures lose patience and start swooping down on the trade and the player. I liked him as a first rounder and still think he’s got a chance to show a lot more but times running out. Drastic improvement is needed and he’ll have the competition with Purdy and Darnold to prove he belongs or not.

Davante Adams should reeavaluate how angry he should be at losing David Carr. Why? Because David Carr sucks. Your friends sucks, Davante!

I've said this for a while now but I believe Chandler Jones is easily a top 3 pick from Bill. Guy is a borderline HOF even people don't know it.

Studying Jones over the years and being a mma fan. It's hard not to marvel at the Jones family but Chandler might be the scariest brother which is saying something considering his little brother Jon is near Bruce Lee space. Jon has admitted on several occasions how strong Chandler is. Particularly in his hands and wrist.

Now I'm sure if they actually fought with bad intentions Jon wins if he's healthy. That said a left turn here or there and Chandler might have been the baddest man on the planet. Honestly so many of these dudes are just touched with ridiculous attributes but the Jones family is different.

He came in strong and has been one of the best edge/rush defenders since day 1.

Again mentioned it a few times before but he's a borderline HOF imo. Getting in with two more double digit years or a few more 8.5 + but he was a dynamite draft pick. Little bit of a project that hit every bit of his peak.

I've said this for a while now but I believe Chandler Jones is easily a top 3 pick from Bill. Guy is a borderline HOF even people don't know it.

Studying Jones over the years and being a mma fan. It's hard not to marvel at the Jones family but Chandler might be the scariest brother which is saying something considering his little brother Jon is near Bruce Lee space. Jon has admitted on several occasions how strong Chandler is. Particularly in his hands and wrist.

Now I'm sure if they actually fought with bad intentions Jon wins if he's healthy. That said a left turn here or there and Chandler might have been the baddest man on the planet. Honestly so many of these dudes are just touched with ridiculous attributes but the Jones family is different.

Again mentioned it a few times before but he's a borderline HOF imo. Getting in with two more double digit years or a few more 8.5 + but he was a dynamite draft pick. Little bit of a project that hit every bit of his peak.

10. Did you know?: When O’Brien was head coach of the Houston Texans from 2014 to 2020, his offenses were in empty formations 767 times (10.5% of their plays), according to ESPN Stats & Info. Only the Cardinals (916) and Steelers (856) ran more total plays in empty formations.

If Obie goes empty that often with this offensive Line, then Mac’s either gonna get IRed or become so skittish as to be rendered useless.

I understood why he was traded - the incident at the Foxborough PD was the final straw - and thought that the compensation was ok… But then Notgoat has to draft Cyrus the Virus…

Imo Jones has some of the best hands, wrist control you'll ever see from a pass rusher. Crafty, unorthodox at times. Combined with his freak arms and strength and he's a nightmare for tackles.

play #2 he does a nice job reducing his surface giving Slater nothing to hit and makes first contactScreenshot_20230530_082044_Twitter.jpg
inside with a long arm but his outside hand forklifts Slater's other hand for the finisher. Jones loves using it that move and can bc of his freak build and arms. Doesn't help that Slater went for a two handed approach here and he doesn't have the longest arms but he more than held his own in that battle. He's been great as well.

Jones uses that "flash" move where he'll kind of shoot his arm up to distract before going to power on play #6. You've seen that before if you've watched him over the years.

Long arm again but it's the outside hand work that really gets his man off balance. Control the hands and you'll most likely control the rep.

You see the hand work/strength, wrist control here. He's a freak. Look at what he does vs KC. Both clips are great but the second I believe he he wins inside with length/long arm and snatches/pulls himself to the QB. Unbelievable. High level stuff.

Wins with power, finesse, plenty of nuance. Everything is built around his length and that long arm but he's got a big bag of tools. One of the better forklifts you'll see

I understood why he was traded - the incident at the Foxborough PD was the final straw - and thought that the compensation was ok… But then Notgoat has to draft Cyrus the Virus…
Yea I get it. There were a lot of personalities in the room if you think about. He was coming up on getting paid and that wasn't a good look. He's been a fantastic player though with little to no headaches or off the field incidents besides that one.

Bill hit a home run that draft. I'm hoping we see a tremendous jump from Barmore this year. It's about time and we need him in the worst way.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back