PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Just saw this on Twitter and still down to do. Think we had 7 people a few months ago. Think it would be fun.

The thing about doing al all-time mock, for me, is that I will invariably forget a worthy candidate or ten until someone else mentions them; then I'll feel bad for not taking them in the first place...

The thing about doing al all-time mock, for me, is that I will invariably forget a worthy candidate or ten until someone else mentions them; then I'll feel bad for not taking them in the first place...
100% we'll look back on 100 names that "should" or "could" have made the list. I'd like to find 12-15 posters and just do it over a long weekend

Talked a lot of Brady's mechanics over the years. This really helped keep that front shoulder tightl while generating torque below. He throws his all hips & core. Back like a needle on a record. Really cool to see this stuff play out. Get tweaked and reworked by different players. House has his imprints all over sports.

These were actually very cool!

"#1 way you sack the QB with is power"

jete but good stuff

These were actually very cool!

"#1 way you sack the QB with is power"

jete but good stuff

Drafting Sauce Gardner, G Wilson, and J Johnson in the 1st round (3 in the Top 21) is an amazing haul. If they hit or miss on those 3 will tell a lot about the franchise for the next 5 years. Of course Z Wilson has to step up, but the Jets invested a lot in those 3 picks.

Drafting Sauce Gardner, G Wilson, and J Johnson in the 1st round (3 in the Top 21) is an amazing haul. If they hit or miss on those 3 will tell a lot about the franchise for the next 5 years. Of course Z Wilson has to step up, but the Jets invested a lot in those 3 picks.
Yup crazy get and they got Breece Hall whos an ideal back for that scheme. If that OL is healthy he might be roy. They might have a real duo with Carter & Hall but like here with Mac it's all on ZW.

Yep, you can't do ordinary stuff like stand motionless on the sidelines and expect your opponent running past you to just fall down by himself...

Mike Triplin: Doing Less with More 15 years running...

Speaking of Triplin, I hope Joker is having a good summer... Haven't heard from him lately...

Last edited:
Yep, you can't do ordinary stuff like stand motionless on the sidelines and expect your opponent running past you to just fall down by himself...

Mike Triplin: Doing Less with More 15 years running...

Speaking of Triplin, I hope Joker is having a good summer... Haven't heard from him lately...
I thought of that old smelly demented **** the other day. Along with Tony (forget the rest and @ isnt showing up) PrimeTime, @Kontradiction (I know he's busy with Pride) and a few others. Hope the boys are ok.

As am I... It sucked last season, the same dudes who made it suck are ALL returning, and NOBODY new was added to try to help it...

And the pass rush besides Judon? Non-****ing existent... Nobody new added there either... ****ing Inexcusable, on both counts.

I'm also concerned about Wynn/Lose playing Any Tackle position; but LG is no longer an option, so RT it is, for now... Hope he doesn't pop his other Achilles... Heck we should hope for 17-game health for ALL of our starters because have you seen our backups?
Nobody new was added?

The entire LB corps is new exceot for Bentley. Wilson, McGrone, McMillan. On the DL, they added Sam Roberts. Though Roberts ins't a NT.
It remains to be seen how Cowart does on his return from Injury.

I admit I was surprised they didn't add a NT in the draft so that Barmore could line up at the UT. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Yup crazy get and they got Breece Hall whos an ideal back for that scheme. If that OL is healthy he might be roy. They might have a real duo with Carter & Hall but like here with Mac it's all on ZW.

Running a 4.41 40 at 6'3", Sauce is a Top 10 pick for sure. Wilson at 6'0" and 183lbs is anther skinny fast guy that is less athletic than T Thornton, and had OSU to improve his #s, so I am not sure that is a Top 10 pick for me. I love Jermaine Johnson's tape that I watched, looks like a run stopper and pass rusher while being smart, but I wonder why he was having trouble getting on the field for Georgia and had to transfer.

Tre Nixon had the same "getting on the field" issue at Miss State and transferred, but he is a 7th rounder so who cares. When it is the #21 pick I care why he had to transfer. Having said that, Johnson's tape that I watched is great.

Overall I think Sauce might be special with limited downside, J Johnson will be good, maybe great, but has to prove he is worth the #21 pick, and Wilson is a big gamble in my opinion.

...I love Jermaine Johnson's tape that I watched, looks like a run stopper and pass rusher while being smart, but I wonder why he was having trouble getting on the field for Georgia and had to transfer.
Tre Nixon had the same "getting on the field" issue at Miss State and transferred, but he is a 7th rounder so who cares. When it is the #21 pick I care why he had to transfer. Having said that, Johnson's tape that I watched is great...

Having a half-dozen WRs taken from 8-18 knocked others down the board who would've gone higher, such as JJohnson & George Karlaftis... All 6 could've been available at 21, or even 29, and I still would not have taken Any of them... Small and/or thin WRs in the first round, unless they've shown Moss-level skills, are almost always too rich for my blood; and Burks & London have their own issues... Jaylen Waddle & DeVonta Smith from last year might've been the exceptions, though I still don't know if they were top-10-worthy exceptions...

I also thought that Kenyon Green (two Horrible picks by Little Nicky, no shock there) & Kenny Pickett were taken much earlier than they deserved to be taken, which would've been outside the first round for me...

Last edited:
Having a half-dozen WRs taken from 8-18 knocked others down the board who would've gone higher, such as JJohnson & George Karlaftis... All 6 could've been available at 21, or even 29, and I still would not have taken Any of them... Small and/or thin WRs in the first round, unless they've shown Moss-level skills, are almost always too rich for my blood; and Burks & London have their own issues...

I also thought that Kenyon Green (two Horrible picks by Little Nicky, no shock there) & Kenny Pickett were taken much earlier than they deserved to be taken, which would've been outside the first round for me...

We will see on JJohnson and Karlaftis - both are not sure bets. I think both are physically strong so they will be solid, the question is whether they are great.

After Ja'marr Chase takes the Bengals to the Super Bowl, WR is in vogue and the fast skinny guys are getting drafted in R1. I agree with you - why is G Wilson any better than the others to be drafted #10? And a small skinny WR in the Top 10? I do not think he will bust like Harry, but #10 and #32 are completely different. The Jets moved up for JJohnson and B Hall (threw away additional draft picks), so they sunk a HUGE amount of draft capital into 4 guys. Big big risk pushing all your chips in after the year Z Wilson had in 2021.

I admit I was surprised they didn't add a NT in the draft so that Barmore could line up at the UT. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

I am in "surprised we didn't add a NT or DE" camp as well. I assume Trey Flowers will fill the DE spot (hope his knee is OK), and there are FA DTs still left, but something tells me that BB will save the cap space because he has something else planned for 2023 with the cap space. Hopefully we will add a veteran DT who is above average. I am not excited about Cowart.

Yea I'm not worried about the offense besides OL depth. We have a good group of targets and there's reason to believe guys will make a second year jump. It literally comes down to Mac to maximize that side of the ball.

Defensively I'm worried about out secondary with so many new bodies here for the first time, back or in their second year. We have an excellent Saf corp but CB is different story.
Yes, OL depth and CB.

And, I understand that team has addressed these positions, and will probably add another backup or two.
=================
I am also worried about the EDGE. Judon and ??? and ???. We need two players to step up. Hopefully, Uche is one.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back