PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.

Loves using that hesi/stutter to get his man's feet going, get him off balanced but that's not the only reason. Guys will use and time that weight transfer off the shake. You can see it here. T isn't buying stays square but buys on the second "fake" if you will when Uche makes like he's going power with high hands. Uche is smooth slides down and again uses that weight transfer to put 78 on his back with a rip (uppercut under shoulder pads)

He's very good at showing high hands and working off that. Almost ghosting underneath after a quick tap or a rip move to finish like we see here.

This is a beautiful rush by an absolute freak. Wynn doesn't help himself by throwing out his drag-hand at the last second but w/e.

Punch/pull with his inside hand while chopping or knocking Wynn's hand with his outside. He doesn't quite snatch Wynn as much as he'd like but the combination, timing was perfect. If you're starting a team there's probably not 10-15 DL you'd take over Young. Great rush.

This is a beautiful rush by an absolute freak. Wynn doesn't help himself by throwing out his drag-hand at the last second but w/e.

Punch/pull with his inside hand while chopping or knocking Wynn's hand with his outside. He doesn't quite snatch Wynn as much as he'd like but the combination, timing was perfect. If you're starting a team there's probably not 10-15 DL you'd take over Young. Great rush.

Wynn , having to face someone like Young in the first few plays of pre--season certainly gets your attention.

Carl Davis has been pretty good. Making it difficult to step up - resetting the line, active/strong. He's been over best 0 up until this point. He just gets push off the line consistently.
He was the best of a bad lot last night, meaning our run defense still sucks.

Bentley looks a lot better. Movements are much better.
As of last night I have officially given up trying to have JaWrong kicked out of the building...Langi & Straight Cassh were absolutely ****ing Terrible... And with McMillan on IR & Terez Hall on PUP, the job is his...Bill & the New Minions need to more-thoroughly scour the waiver wire for help; and that right soon...

Mac looked about as I expected. Should've had 6 on that pass. Wilkerson would love to have that back. He displayed poise & touch on two other passes. Arm strength is noticeable but it shouldn't be breaking news. It'll get better. He has plenty and everything else matters so much more. Moving the guys around, alerting his guys, recognizing what's in front of him, crisp movements in the pocket, decisiveness ... Very comfortable back there. A few really good decisions in real time - checkdown, back shoulder.
Cam should re-name Mac & Cheese Mac & CheckDown...4-1/2 yards per attempt after 19 passes is shocking, and not in a good way...

There's no way QN can be stashed. Kid is splitting it from 50 + with ease and has a live leg. Somebody is scooping him up.
There'll be a couple of dozen Kickers on the street during Cut-Down Day...Unless he converts every single attempt the rest of the pre-season, then he can be stashed.

Dugger & Bryant were communicating on that breakup. Both were poised & prepared. Lot of versatility & physicality between Phillips, Dugger & Bryant. Phillips has been an absolute stud since suiting up for us.
Agree about Phillips, Bill's best value signing of the Post-Brady era...Completely disagree about Uncle Dugg & the mis-cast Bryant.

As of last night I have officially given up trying to have JaWrong kicked out of the building...Langi & Straight Cassh were absolutely ****ing Terrible... And with McMillan on IR & Terez Hall on PUP, the job is his...Bill & the New Minions need to more-thoroughly scour the waiver wire for help; and that right soon...

Cam should re-name Mac & Cheese Mac & CheckDown...4-1/2 yards per attempt after 19 passes is shocking, and not in a good way...

There'll be a couple of dozen Kickers on the street during Cut-Down Day...Unless he converts every single attempt the rest of the pre-season, then he can be stashed.

Agree about Phillips, Bill's best value signing of the Post-Brady era...Completely disagree about Uncle Dugg & the mis-cast Bryant.

We hadn’t heard from you for a while. Those were good times. Still a miserable puke in need of a BJ, I see.

Not shocking at all that you ignored the 12 yard Meyers catch that Bill didn’t feel like challenging because it’s the preseason and also the dropped 34 yard dime to Wilkerson. Add in those two and Mac’s average would have been 7 ypa, which is slightly higher than Brady’s average during his first three years as a starter. That doesn’t fit your negative narrative, though, does it?

Wynn , having to face someone like Young in the first few plays of pre--season certainly gets your attention.
Competition is always a good thing. Not ideal to face a freak like him out the gate but the league is full of animals. Wynn is more than capable. First reps of the season, it's over. New week.
I can't get down with that Capt. As mentioned above first few reps of the year for everyone, some only got a small sample size. Just too early for that. Let's wait until week 2-3 too see how they're really attacking this. Who sticks. Davis looked good last night.

I'm curious to see how Wise looks. Lot of talk about him this off-season.

Judon Barmore Davis/God Guy KVN?
Yea he looks a lot smoother in terms of movements. HT back so the dot is off him. Hopefully he finds his groove bc we really need him and he wants to be that guy for us. I'm really pulling for him. Defense in general.
TD miss, Gunna Wunna Stunna miss & he missed him going to White I believe that would have went for 10+. Mac's a rookie, 99.9% of rookie QB's are bad even when they're good (ex - Manning, Cam) so you're looking to avoid a few certain things, gain confidence, respect amongst peers & learn the culture/system.
Idk man he's young, cheap and kick's the living **** out of the ball. He would have been good from 60 on at least one imo. We'll see he's an intriguing case for sure.
Don't totally disagree about Bryant ... Yet but I really like him. He's smart & tough I think he'll figure it out. Ease up of Dugga Capt, give him a chance.

"Stash" Nordin? For when? The Pats coaches have clearly solved the inconsistency issue. The missed PAT was a reminder to him that he can't relax his technique. It was exactly what the doctor ordered.

The Pats are a threat to score points as soon as they cross the 50 yard line with this guy. What possible reason would they hold on to an aging and injury prone Folk, and run the risk of losing a guy who could be one of the most dominant kickers in the League for 10+ years? He costs the same if he's on the roster or not (unless traded or offset language). Nordin will be a bottom 5 salary.

Outstanding play at Philly practices and practice game, and he's a lock.

"Stash" Nordin? For when? The Pats coaches have clearly solved the inconsistency issue. The missed PAT was a reminder to him that he can't relax his technique. It was exactly what the doctor ordered.

The Pats are a threat to score points as soon as they cross the 50 yard line with this guy. What possible reason would they hold on to an aging and injury prone Folk, and run the risk of losing a guy who could be one of the most dominant kickers in the League for 10+ years? He costs the same if he's on the roster or not (unless traded or offset language). Nordin will be a bottom 5 salary.

Outstanding play at Philly practices and practice game, and he's a lock.
To possess long term a Justin Tucker-type kicking threat would be incredible.
Here's hoping.....

To possess long term a Justin Tucker-type kicking threat would be incredible.
Here's hoping.....
Peak Ghost was pretty much that. Then one day he missed one PAT and was never the same. It was also around the time they started making him aim kickoffs extra high. We can only speculate on what broke him, but peak Ghost was amazing for a very long time.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back