PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.

If he hadn't been injured during TC here, I still believe that he could've helped us as a sure-handed dude who knows how to run routes...An older & therefore less explosive version of what Jakobi Meyers is now...

25 extra pounds seems like a lot, relative to his original playing weight...I hope he doesn't feel any ill-effects from it in the future...

Pound for pound…AB is an all-time top-10 WR.
I have always found that expression funny, since the scoreboard doesn't operate on a per pound basis.

Say what you will about his antics over the years. I’ve always found him to be harmless, not offensive in the least and a good spirit. Was really hoping he would of done well here and was cheering him all the way. Good to see him helping out the public employees with that generous tip.

Tier 1: BB…..
Tier 2: Payton, Reid, Shannahan, Harbaugh.
Tier 2.5: Carroll (fix the OL & run the damn ball), Flores & McDermott.
Tier 3-100: I could care less…

I think id have to put McVay Tier 2 right now, he doesn't have the longevity and proven track record yet to be tier 1 IMHO

Carl Davis has been pretty good. Making it difficult to step up - resetting the line, active/strong. He's been over best 0 up until this point. He just gets push off the line consistently.

Mentioned this on the first page but Harris gives you a little something Sony can't. His vision had been outstanding since college. His ability to press the line, draw / pause the 2nd level and bounce it outside is something we haven't had in a long time. That stuff separates guys.

Expanding a bit, our running game should be nasty. Harris is RB1 and looks the part. Physically, his play, finish ... He's a good one and I'm so happy he's working out. One of my favs from Bama. Can't tell you how many times I'd be watching someone else and his pass pro or vision can't be ignored. Plus Sony is running hard no doubt with a chip on his shoulder.

Bentley looks a lot better. Movements are much better.

Mac looked about as I expected. Should've had 6 on that pass. Wilkerson would love to have that back. He displayed poise & touch on two other passes. Arm strength is noticeable but it shouldn't be breaking news. It'll get better. He has plenty and everything else matters so much more. Moving the guys around, alerting his guys, recognizing what's in front of him, crisp movements in the pocket, decisiveness ... Very comfortable back there. A few really good decisions in real time - checkdown, back shoulder.

Matthew Slater will probably be coaching one day.

There's no way QN can be stashed. Kid is splitting it from 50 + with ease and has a live leg. Somebody is scooping him up.

Dugger & Bryant were communicating on that breakup. Both were poised & prepared. Lot of versatility & physicality between Phillips, Dugger & Bryant. Phillips has been an absolute stud since suiting up for us.

Judon's instincts stand out. Dude is a baller and will be a leader on & off the field. Vocal, accountable. Looks like a great signing already.

Not a bad first half. Some stuff needs tightening up. We'll still have some questions after the game but not bad.

Last edited:
I think id have to put McVay Tier 2 right now, he doesn't have the longevity and proven track record yet to be tier 1 IMHO
I like McVay, but he continues to lose to teams with lesser QB play; namely to Shannahan when Jimmy G is out. Shannahan has McVay’s number.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back