PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With September over what record do you expect from this team going forward?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What record do we finish with?

• Total voters
As bad as Cam looked last year, our offense had a real method to it. It felt like we had actual control.
Not to me. No QB. No receivers. No TE. One of the worst passing offenses I have ever seen from any team at any time. Even the Tebow Broncos had a better passing game.

Cam blows. He was so bad in camp he couldn't even prevent a rookie drafted out of the top 10 from taking his job. No team wants him even as a backup. He's done. Won't play another down of NFL football ever again.

I mean other teams were pretty much playing goal line against us at midfield. Embarrassing. Nothing about that was being in actual control.

But he's a good teammate or something or whatever.

Last edited:
Not to me. No QB. No receivers. No TE. One of the worst passing offenses I have ever seen from any team at any time. Even the Tebow Broncos had a better passing game.

Cam blows. He was so bad in camp he couldn't even prevent a rookie drafted out of the top 10 from taking his job. No team wants him even as a backup. He's done. Won't play another down of NFL football ever again.

I mean other teams were pretty much playing goal line against us at midfield. Embarrassing. Nothing about that was being in actual control.

But he's a good teammate or something or whatever.
All that is true, and despite that, Cam could routinely throw a mean 20 yard in route to Jacobi Meyers, the threat of his rushing attack helped out the running back and receivers, and we were able to control the clock.

That 3rd and 13 rush Cam Newton had at the end of the Cardinals game last year won us that game. We don't win the Ravens last year without Cam.

And before anyone reacts strongly to this, no, I'm not saying Cam is even that good, or that we should have kept him necessarily, as it is too early to say that, and Mac actually looks promising. I'm just pessimistic as hell right now because our offense has such a low ceiling right now.

Please find me the 7 additional wins this team needs to surpass last seasons debacle. Because I can't find them.

I wouldn’t bet on it, but 10 wins could still be doable as long as we dont blow the easy ones - hou, nyj , atl, jax. Thats no given. But that puts us at 5 wins long as we dont blow it. Week 2 we were the same mess on offense but still breezed to a win. hopefully these 4 are similar.

the other 9 games are moderate to high difficulty. Possible to grab 5 of those if we clean things up. A split with buffalo if we could somehow do that would be huge because the other games are winnable especially ten/indy/mia/car - theyve all struggled in recent weeks.

with our defense, i see us being in pretty much every game, except maybe buffalo who will probably kick our ass at least once. But we do have that divisional foe/ familiarity thing going for us there so i hope one of those will be close. Cleveland, dallas, sd are very good but not juggernaut types like buffalo.

All that is true, and despite that, Cam could routinely throw a mean 20 yard in route to Jacobi Meyers, the threat of his rushing attack helped out the running back and receivers, and we were able to control the clock.

That 3rd and 13 rush Cam Newton had at the end of the Cardinals game last year won us that game. We don't win the Ravens last year without Cam.

And before anyone reacts strongly to this, no, I'm not saying Cam is even that good, or that we should have kept him necessarily, as it is too early to say that, and Mac actually looks promising. I'm just pessimistic as hell right now because our offense has such a low ceiling right now.
Tbh I don't think there was really as much of a "threat" of a rushing attack from Cam as we were led to believe. I was expecting a lot more than what we saw.

I expect wins + losses to total 17. Outside of that, this team is in such a state of flux right now it is harder than usual to tell.

If an OC puts together a game plan to put our LB's in constant coverage we'll see a big drop in the effectiveness of the D. Mac is still growing into the role, which means it's that much tougher to assess the receivers. The O-Line is suspect, so the run blocking has suffered right along witht he pass blocking, making Mac's growth that much more difficult.

I think this team has the talent. Mac did a great job dealing with the TB blitz - and not by crazy scrambling. I hope that Brown's return settles the OL and lets them gel and get into rhythm. Everything for the offense flows from this.

This team is two plays away from 3 - 1. They have playoff talent, and can hang with anyone, but have completely lost their instinct for winning.

I don't know where to begin with a prediction at this point. I can see them knocking off the Dallas and Cleveland types only to blow a game to Jacksonville or the Jets. It all seems 50/50 to me.

So, I guess 50/50 the rest of the way takes us to 8 - 9.

if they can somehow manage to get to 3-3 then there's a glimmer of hope. I said the same thing back in 01 when they were 1-3. you have to get back to .500 and YOU CANNOT GET UNDERWATER BY MORE THAN A GAME. slowly (or not slowly) losing faith in the head coach. we have plenty of evidence now r.e. who was the biggest reason for the clubs success over the last 20 or so seasons...

My concern is that McDaniels hasn’t been able to orchestrate very many points, despite having a QB who is wicked accurate. Part of it is that Mac can’t throw it and catch it - practically all of his INTs are from deflections off of hapless receivers…

This is a 4-5 win team. I have a bad feeling the O line will get Mac knocked out and we’ll be seeing Hoyer.

For some odd reason, Bill gets his D to play competitive against good D’s giving us false hope, only to not contain mediocre teams like the Dolphins and the Saints.

There's 13 games left?

13. :D

@rainmaker you're bumming me out. I think we get 7-8 out of the 13 and end up 8-9 or 9-8.

I wouldn’t bet on it, but 10 wins could still be doable as long as we dont blow the easy ones - hou, nyj , atl, jax. Thats no given. But that puts us at 5 wins long as we dont blow it. Week 2 we were the same mess on offense but still breezed to a win. hopefully these 4 are similar.

the other 9 games are moderate to high difficulty. Possible to grab 5 of those if we clean things up. A split with buffalo if we could somehow do that would be huge because the other games are winnable especially ten/indy/mia/car - theyve all struggled in recent weeks.

with our defense, i see us being in pretty much every game, except maybe buffalo who will probably kick our ass at least once. But we do have that divisional foe/ familiarity thing going for us there so i hope one of those will be close. Cleveland, dallas, sd are very good but not juggernaut types like buffalo.
From your keyboard to God's monitor

There's 13 games left?

13. :D

@rainmaker you're bumming me out. I think we get 7-8 out of the 13 and end up 8-9 or 9-8.
Not with the way the O line is playing. Mac is getting hit at an alarming rate just throwing quick passes to RB’s or WR’s. It’s disturbing to watch.

question for Patriots fans..

if you are an opposing D Coordinater is there anyone on this Patriots offense who actually scares you as a game changing talent?

to me the answer is no. Not even close

Not with the way the O line is playing. Mac is getting hit at an alarming rate just throwing quick passes to RB’s or WR’s. It’s disturbing to watch.
Oh, turn that frown upside down, put the sour milk back in the fridge, take it out on Sunday and see if it's better!

question for Patriots fans..

if you are an opposing D Coordinater is there anyone on this Patriots offense who actually scares you as a game changing talent?

to me the answer is no. Not even close
They are one of the easiest offenses to defend in the NFL.

Oh, turn that frown upside down, put the sour milk back in the fridge, take it out on Sunday and see if it's better!
Tell that to Mac. Lol.

I'm going with 7-10..

I'm going with 7-10..
Lol that's worse than last year with Cam and after spending $165M in guaranteed money!

No. That can't happen. What about Shula's record. Come on man.

This thread is a great read. Lots of screaming hot (moronic) takes from the resident anti-Belichick mafia here.

“mORaL ViCtoriEZ areN’T a ThInG!”

“BaD TeAmZ lOse ClosE GamEz”

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down