PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

with #210 NE selects Braxton Berrios!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can definitely see the resemblance to Welker. It’s uncanny. The height and weight, the short arms, think he’s faster than Welker though, doubt Welker ever ran a 4.44. But extremely similar style of play. I don’t think he makes it, but worth the risk.

If I was Berrios, I would come to camp with my hair on fire. There are a slew of question marks among the WRs. Edelman and Mitchell are coming off injuries - Edelman will be 32 and Mitchell’s knee is a question. Matthews and Britt have performed elsewhere, but Britt could hardly get snaps with Hogan out. Patterson has never played with Brady and was only so-so in Oakland with a real QB. Dorsett shows flashes, but no way is he not expendable. Hogan is solid. Berrios is likely our best PR, assuming we do not want Edelman there. Plus he is dirt cheap. Finally we do not have a successor in the slot outside of McCarron - who is unproven. Plus we need a 2nd slot guy with Dola gone. Sure as a 6th rounder it is tough, but his intangibles are very high - captain of Miami, smart and reportedly hard-nosed.

If I was Berrios, I would come to camp with my hair on fire. There are a slew of question marks among the WRs. Edelman and Mitchell are coming off injuries - Edelman will be 32 and Mitchell’s knee is a question. Matthews and Britt have performed elsewhere, but Britt could hardly get snaps with Hogan out. Patterson has never played with Brady and was only so-so in Oakland with a real QB. Dorsett shows flashes, but no way is he not expendable. Hogan is solid. Berrios is likely our best PR, assuming we do not want Edelman there. Plus he is dirt cheap. Finally we do not have a successor in the slot outside of McCarron - who is unproven. Plus we need a 2nd slot guy with Dola gone. Sure as a 6th rounder it is tough, but his intangibles are very high - captain of Miami, smart and reportedly hard-nosed.
Agreed, we definitely have the Quantity at WR, but we don’t know if we have quality. I think Edelman will be ready. Mitchell will always be a question mark. Hogan, though a lock, is somewhat injury prone, Dorsett has never been anything more than meh. Few flashes here and there, but seems like he will never become more than a 4th or 5th receiver.

Britt, depends if he can learn the playbook. He’s 1 year removed from 1000 yards, so he still has talent, but he’s a big question mark. He could be an easy cut unless he proves himself fast. Patterson is a lock, on kick return ability alone. If he can soak up the playbook, he could get some specialized plays to take advantage of his game breaking skills. I think Matthews is a lock, especially if he can stay healthy. Prior to going to the Bills and having that injury plagued 2017, he averaged 75 catches a year in Philly in 2014-16, he’s the real deal.

My thoughts are Berrios has to beat out Britt, Dorsett, McCarron and Hollister. That gonna be really tough to beat out all 4.

My locks are

Edelman
Hogan
Matthews
Patterson
Mitchell (if he can stay healthy)
Slater (special teams, but listed at WR).

MAYBE Mitchell is a casualty, that would leave one spot. I will say Matthews is easy to cut due to his cheap contract, but talent and results wise, he’s the 3rd best receiver on the team, maybe 2nd best.

3 cone was 6.72, Edelman was 6.62. Not too bad at all

My locks are

Edelman
Hogan
Matthews
Patterson
Mitchell (if he can stay healthy)
Slater (special teams, but listed at WR).

MAYBE Mitchell is a casualty, that would leave one spot. I will say Matthews is easy to cut due to his cheap contract, but talent and results wise, he’s the 3rd best receiver on the team, maybe 2nd best.

Matthews' contract is a prove-it contract. It's only got $170K guaranteed.

berry_o_s_cereal_box_cover_by_lights_above-d9oykjr.jpg

You can definitely see the resemblance to Welker. It’s uncanny. The height and weight, the short arms, think he’s faster than Welker though, doubt Welker ever ran a 4.44. But extremely similar style of play. I don’t think he makes it, but worth the risk.

If he wants to be the next Welker, he's got to step up and put his best foot forward.
BB don't play footsie, so he's got to toe the line. Put his heart and sole into it.
Can't be a heel off the field.
Do all that and he might not get booted.

I think his sense of humor is going to be A+. That perp walk after scoring vs Notre Dame (Catholics vs Convicts) was priceless.

Watched every game of his Canes career (I'm somewhat of a Canes fan) and this kid is a gamer. The kid has great short area quickness and really snaps in and out of his breaks to create separation. He is also an above average punt returner and a very smart kid. Not sure if Julian is the mentoring type but Berrios should be attached to him and soak up everything he can.

Watched every game of his Canes career (I'm somewhat of a Canes fan) and this kid is a gamer. The kid has great short area quickness and really snaps in and out of his breaks to create separation. He is also an above average punt returner and a very smart kid. Not sure if Julian is the mentoring type but Berrios should be attached to him and soak up everything he can.

Well, given that that's how Edelman earned a nickname as Welker's "Mini-Me" as a rookie, he'd better be. :)

Why do Patriots fans only like receivers who remind them of Welker, Edelman, or Amendola?

This kid could be another Ebert price or gallon

I feel comfortable saying that Patriots fans would be thrilled if the team brought in a player who reminded them of Deion Branch or Randy Moss.

I feel comfortable saying that Patriots fans would be thrilled if the team brought in a player who reminded them of Deion Branch or Randy Moss.

I would hope so

I’m guessing even if both Berrios or McCarron BOTH flash at camp, it’ll be tough for either to make the team. Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Matthews, Patterson, Dorsett, Britt. You’d have to think those are the top 7, add Slater. Cody Hollister has a year in the system, looked great last preseason and adds special teams value as a gunner. That’s 9 before you even add McCarron and Berrios. Britt and Dorsett seem to be the guys who would have to have awful camps for Berrios and/or McCarron to have a chance. Britt is one season removed from a 1000 yard season, so he brings a lot to the table.

Who knows, maybe Edelman and Mitchell start the season on PUP. Though I doubt it with Edelman, I remember somewhere him saying he would’ve been ready for the playoffs, he was feeling so good in January.

If Berrios shows something there will be no question. Patriot looking Slot White WR.:D I am Black too but if I was Dorsett - Britt or Patterson I would worry. :D

Can never have enough slot guys, as they take more of a pounding than most.. and if he can return punts ++++

Berrios on Twitter said he’s gonna ask for #10. This way he’d be @Berr10s on Twitter. These crazy kids and their social media.
He’s branding. Like a famous QB and Edelman. Why not? 10, 11, 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News