PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

with #210 NE selects Braxton Berrios!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Amendola left his police officer uniform behind so Berrios and Edelperson can play dress up together for several years
More importantly, this guy is valedictorian of the U of M business program....incredible. Knowing that this guy has already proven that he can piss and chew gum simultaneously, Krafty might want Berrios to hunker down in the Gillette Finance office when he isn't manning the slot. Maybe Berrios can figure out a way to pay Patriots talent who typically end up on other rosters. Or at least get Krafty's bar bill in order.

Will be interesting to see how things shake out with Riley McCarron, too, as many were high on him to be the next slot guy, plus he’s already got a year in our system.
I’m guessing even if both Berrios or McCarron BOTH flash at camp, it’ll be tough for either to make the team. Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Matthews, Patterson, Dorsett, Britt. You’d have to think those are the top 7, add Slater. Cody Hollister has a year in the system, looked great last preseason and adds special teams value as a gunner. That’s 9 before you even add McCarron and Berrios. Britt and Dorsett seem to be the guys who would have to have awful camps for Berrios and/or McCarron to have a chance. Britt is one season removed from a 1000 yard season, so he brings a lot to the table.

Who knows, maybe Edelman and Mitchell start the season on PUP. Though I doubt it with Edelman, I remember somewhere him saying he would’ve been ready for the playoffs, he was feeling so good in January.

I’m guessing even if both Berrios or McCarron BOTH flash at camp, it’ll be tough for either to make the team. Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Matthews, Patterson, Dorsett, Britt. You’d have to think those are the top 7, add Slater. Cody Hollister has a year in the system, looked great last preseason and adds special teams value as a gunner. That’s 9 before you even add McCarron and Berrios. Britt and Dorsett seem to be the guys who would have to have awful camps for Berrios and/or McCarron to have a chance. Britt is one season removed from a 1000 yard season, so he brings a lot to the table.

Who knows, maybe Edelman and Mitchell start the season on PUP. Though I doubt it with Edelman, I remember somewhere him saying he would’ve been ready for the playoffs, he was feeling so good in January.

Britt and (I hate to say it) Dorsett didn't show all that much last year. So since they've already been in the league and they should be closer to their peak. Even if it was their 1st year in the system. Berrios, McCarron and any of the rookies and 1st year players don't have to necessarily out play Britt and Dorsett as long as BB thinks the new guys might have a higher ceiling down the road.

Another thing I hate to say: Mitchell's knock in college was he couldn't stay healthy. And so far in the pros that pattern hasn't changed. So I'll bet he's on a little shorter leash. Unless he stays totally healthy and out plays some guys be a clear margin, BB may prefer to give a newer guy without the injury history a chance instead.

Last edited:
If you watch from your mark on Berrios is a one man show.
I did and he's not afraid to go over the middle either...... Seems like the next Welker/Amendola/Edelman type...hopefully.....

I think if he can be the man at punt returner, his value sky-rockets past Dorsett and Britt.

This is ironic. Found this story....

Mar 7, 2018, 6:06pm EST

Braxton Berrios, Miami
A extremely unfortunate and unlucky injury to one of the hardest working receivers in college football was suffered right before on-field workouts. A strained pectoral muscle isn’t the end of the world, but it prevented him from improving his stock at the combine, and may hold him out of his pro day workout too. Berrios to the New England Patriots would be a dream matchup for both sides. His game is very much like Danny Amendola and Julian Edelman, so let’s hope it doesn’t happen for the rest of the NFL’s sake.

usa_today_10405301.jpg

Miami Hurricanes wide receiver Braxton Berrios (8) celebrates his touchdown against the Notre Dame Fighting Irish during the first half at Hard Rock Stadium.
Jasen Vinlove-USA TODAY Sports

Those oh so classy ND fans broke out their Catholics vs Convicts T-Shirts before the
game with Miami this year. After scoring a TD Berrios did his perp walk after he scored a
TD against them. Love it when obnoxious blowhards get it thrown back at em. Canes
whupped em.

210?
Meh!
He wasn't 199.

They drafted a breakfast cereal...

"I'd like a bowl of Berrios."

Edelman reportedly just started putting his own socks on around Thanksgiving, so he certainly wouldn’t have been good to play football 6 weeks later. You’re talking about an attempt at a comeback from ACL surgery, 4 months later. That wouldn’t have happened.

I don’t think we expect Berrios to push for a roster spot. I was just reminding others that McCarron has supposedly looked good too, and that he has a year in our system. That said, I’m a bit more reserved as it pertains to Kenny Britt, but that’s a different subject.

Looks a lot like Welker. Doesn’t look as sudden as Jules though. Jules has elite quickness.

Obviously didn't make any foot jokes. Passed the interview and got drafted.

Why do Patriots fans only like receivers who remind them of Welker, Edelman, or Amendola?

This kid could be another Ebert price or gallon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick