PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Willie McGinest arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the video, I have changed my tune.

That was poosay attack, and he looks like an idiot. Even if the guy did something to a loved one warranting a beat down, surely a man of his size doesn't need a gang of hanger-on types to help him in a cowardly jumping of a guy sitting there.

Very unimpressive.
His back up may have been there in case the guy had his own back up with him. Anyway all if this is just speculation at this point. We don't really have a clue what this was all about

Willie needs to wear a tighter belt

What does has a thug in him mean? What has he ever done that would justify this characterization?

Really sad to see this. One of my all time favourite players!
Well, up until now, he hasn’t gotten caught doing anything. There was an incident in college with him and a few teammates, but nothing ever came of it. In the 90’s out here in California, there were always rumblings of bad dudes he had connections with. But, it was always blown off that he just got along with a lot of different ppl, and had friends in all kinds of circles.

Who the hell would mess with Willie? Well it was at a nightclub. Some drunk I bet. Nothing good happens out late in the clubs and bars.EDIT: Yikes, saw the video. Willie walked in with his friends specifically to attack this guy and beat the crap out of him. Wonder what the backstory is. As the guy was bent over, Willie bent down an pounded the guys face upward with the bottle---then threw the bottle onto the seat (evidence with fingerprints if video is not sufficient)) Its good he didnt have Ray Lewis with him. VIDEO: Willie McGinest Ambushes Man, Hits Him with Bottle in Nightclub Beatdown
I have no doubt in my mind that the guy they assaulted had to of messed up realllll bad. The thing is though, Willie could’ve handled that dude himself, at least I think he could’ve. No reason to jump the dude.

Free Willie
3 pages in?? This team and its fanbase are off our game man. #StayFocusedFam...
Focus Mascots GIF by Northern Illinois University

We need to reserve judgement until all the facts are in ( they're not yet) and all parties have been heard from.
None of us have any idea exactly what o what happened or why. Maybe this guy raped a relative or a friend. Yeah it'd still be a crime but one most of us would sympathize with. Maybe he beat up Willie's grandma. Who knows? Why speculate? Wait it out. Keep yo' trap shut til then. Please.

I don't know if matters to his criminal charges but for his public perception the only thing left is motivation.

I don't have much experience with this sort of thing would a valid motive effect criminal and civil suits?
Well, motive matters if you can claim self defense or the legit fear of imminent harm.

From the video, the victim was just sitting there. Even if he had said something to McGinest (for example) outside the restaurant, that doesn’t justify walking up and attacking a man.

I was going to say "remember Irving Fryar getting his hand cut up by his wife or fiance or something," then I looked...

I have no doubt in my mind that the guy they assaulted had to of messed up realllll bad. The thing is though, Willie could’ve handled that dude himself, at least I think he could’ve. No reason to jump the dude.
Had chilling reminders of Aaron Hernandez double life as a thug.. It almost seemed like they were sent by a bookie, loanshark or drug dealer to beat him up because he owes money. Why do this in such a public place? Willie has deep pockets. He has a lot to lose monetarily including jail time.

Last edited:
We need to reserve judgement until all the facts are in ( they're not yet) and all parties have been heard from.
None of us have any idea exactly what o what happened or why. Maybe this guy raped a relative or a friend. Yeah it'd still be a crime but one most of us would sympathize with. Maybe he beat up Willie's grandma. Who knows? Why speculate? Wait it out. Keep yo' trap shut til then. Please.
I’m always willing to hear both sides of the story, but you’re completely pulling ridiculous things out of thin air with the above.

I’m always willing to hear both sides of the story, but you’re completely pulling ridiculous things out of thin air with the above.
Not necessarily. I worked as a bouncer in my younger days. Also worked in the criminal justice system. Things very often aren't what they seem. It's always better to wait until all the facts are in before shooting your mouth off. I'm not saying those things happened,only that they could have. Or not. Point is,we dont know.

Not necessarily. I worked as a bouncer in my younger days. Also worked in the criminal justice system. Things very often aren't what they seem. It's always better to wait until all the facts are in before shooting your mouth off. I'm not saying those things happened,only that they could have. Or not. Point is,we dont know.
You can play the ridiculous "could have" game. I will play the "more likely" game.

That guy didn't beat up McGinest's grandmother.

51 yr old cruisin LA with his beatdown crew

Note: Willie turned himself 9 days after incident

Conclusion: Week-long effort to secure/scrub the tapes failed

From a legal standpoint, I don't see any way McGinest gets away with this. Oh don't get me wrong, he isn't going to go to jail or anything like that, but a civil suit is a virtual guarantee.

From a standpoint of public opinion, he may come out with some justification that makes hm more sympathetic.... but those things won't carry weight in a court of law.

Ok,Perry Mason
Serisouly, child. You are pulling idiocy out of thin air.

There may have been a previous beef.... maybe even an assault.... but that guy didn't beat up 51 year old Willie McGinest's grandmother. Tough to take someone seriously when they suggest that as an alternative.

You can play the ridiculous "could have" game. I will play the "more likely" game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST