PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will you follow Oakland and Carolina now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

furley

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
...that New England owns their first and second round picks, respectively?

I will... What I'll watch closely is the quarterback situation for both teams. Oakland has traded for Jason Campbell, and Carolina will start Matt Moore and have drafted Jimmy Clausen.

In my opinion, I don't expect the Raiders to make the playoffs next season. While the Panthers, I'm uncertain...

Both teams must have their best players remain healthy in order to do anything next season.

2010 Schedule

Oakland

@TEN, STL, @ARI, HOU, SD, @SF, @DEN, SEA, KC, @PIT, MIA, @SD, @JAX, DEN, IND and @KC

Carolina

@NYG, TB, CIN, @NO, CHI, SF, @STL, NO, @TB, BAL, @CLE, @SEA, ATL, ARI, @PIT and @ATL

Last edited:
Prediction: The Raiders will be a better team than the Panthers

Yea, just like I followed the Jags and Titians last year.

...that New England owns their first and second round picks, respectively?

I will... What I'll watch closely is the quarterback situation for both teams. Oakland has traded for Jason Campbell, and Carolina will start Matt Moore and have drafted Jimmy Clausen.

In my opinion, I don't expect the Raiders to make the playoffs next season. While the Panthers, I'm uncertain...

Both teams must have their best players remain healthy in order to do anything next season.

2010 Schedule

Oakland

TEN, STL, @CAR, HOU, SD, @SF, @DEN, SEA, KC, @PIT, MIA, @SD, @JAX, DEN, IND and @KC

Carolina

@NYG, TB, CIN, @NO, CHI, SF, @STL, NO, @TB, BAL, @CLE, @SEA, ATL, ARI, @PIT and @ATL

I think you got something wrong there. You have Oakland playing Carolina week 3, but you also have Carolina playing Cincy!! Check your info and repost!

I see Oakland with twelve to thirteen possible losses, and Carolina with five to six possible losses.

I'll root against them for certain, but I've always taken a certain satisfaction in seeing the Raiders fail. I like the Panther's running game. They'll win 5 games on that alone, and any QB will be an improvement over Delhomme. I like them to go 1-3 at best against the AFC North, however, and they also have some stout NFC competition.

I see Oakland with twelve to thirteen possible losses, and Carolina with five to six possible losses.

No way is Oakland losing 12 or 13 games

You have to be kidding me

The Raiders have a really good underated defense and now at least have a QB that has started and won a little more than Russell did

Last edited:
No way is Oakland losing 12 or 13 games

You have to be kidding me

The Raiders have a really good underated defense and now at least have a QB that has started and won a little
Plus they've had an excellent draft. Raiders won't be horrible this year.

oakland has maybe the most talend defense in the NFL and they now have a QB who will not turn the ball over so oakland can run the football. and let ther defense win it they will win 8 games

oakland has maybe the most talend defense in the NFL and they now have a QB who will not turn the ball over so oakland can run the football. and let ther defense win it they will win 8 games

I would put Oakland at 8-8 ...maybe even 9-7

This could finally give those Raiders fans something to cheer about and a reason to put those ghastly costumes on at home games

Actually I am guessing that McClain has a really good chance to be a DPOY candidate,I think he is a perfect fit for that defense and will start immediately

Every game Carolina loses in '10 inches up the payback on the 2 in '11 when we trade it for a 1 in '12.

I've been going back and forth with my friend, who is a Raiders season ticket holder, about how well Al Davis and Tom Cable have drafted this year. Even before the draft, it seemed like Al was serious about not forfeiting a top 10 pick to the Patriots.

They picked up Wimbley and Boller, released Walker and let Fargas walk. While Campbell will make Boller insignificant to the future of the Raiders, the Raiders' decision to bring him in was a message that they are giving up on Russell. Now with Campbell, Jamarcus is as good as done in the NFL. Moving on without Walker and Fargas says two things. One, "we" are admitting Walker was a bad decision and "we" are washing our hands of it. Two, loyalty to Fargas isn't going to bring home wins.

The Raiders are the most improved team in the AFC West. Defensively, it is a one year shoot with Nnamdi Asomugha, Thomas Howard and Seymour could be gone next year. Offensively, the rookie tackles are projects for Cable to cut his teeth on and prove his ability as a former line coach.

So yeah, I've been following them all off season and since I live in their backyard, I will continue to into the regular season.

This will be an interesting year for the panthers. This is Fox's last contract year and Delhomme the Horrible is gone. Matt Moore is a top notch QB, the panthers were morons for drafting a QB that high. Losing Peppers will hurt alot, and they haven't drafted anyone to fill his shoes. If the Panthers win this year it will be from the offensive side of the field, I think the D is really gonna suffer this year. And if any of you have ever watched the Panthers, their offense seeks to score as few points as possible. It's just painful to watch.

Moore is a top notch qb? Really?? He's a JAG.

J.Campbell going to help a team? He did lead washington to a 4-12 record
last year. He fumbles everytime there's a strong wind.

Carolina will be lucky to get back to .500. The only teams worse than Oaklandj are;
Buffalo, St.Louis, TB and Detroit. Washington with McNabb and Seattle had better off seasons than the raiders. I put Oak. just above the awful teams ranking them 5-7 from the bottom with Cleveland and KC. Our pick will be Top 10.

yes...followed Oakland in 2009 hoping like they won as many games as possible to beaf up their sched for 2010

I'm curious to see what will happen with JaMarcus Russell. I've a feeling he'll be released. Reportedly, Oakland will ask him to take a pay cut which he isn't expected to do. In my opinion, Oakland should simply move on from him regardless.

Interestingly, Carolina also drafted quarterback Tony Pike.

Both teams have question marks at depth for wide receiver. But I like Campbell's options better than Moore's.

Not sure who's defense I like more. Oakland is expected to use the 3-4 alignment more.

Prediction: The Raiders will be a better team than the Panthers

I agree. Matt Moore is not a bad QB. In fact he won 4 out of 5 games he started last year throwing 8 TDs and 1 int. But the Panthers f'd up something good by drafting all those QBs. Now Moore will always have a target on this back, and if they put in Clausen, well every team in the NFL passed on the guy, so his near future isn't too bright either.

Raiders pick was going to be in the top 5 with Russell. Campbell may win a few more games, but let's not overrate him either. He was never the pro-bowl QB Mcnabb and rothlesberger were, and I mean pro bowl in today's sense of the word where everyone gets in.

At this point neither looks like a playoff team, but imo the panthers are worse off. They took a step back losing Peppers and not having a first round pick.

Unfortunately, Oakland has improved dramatically. They might not be a .500 team yet, but my dreams of a top-3 pick next year are dead.

Five to six possible losses? You think they'll be, without question, at least 10-6? Insane.

Not saying they can't get to that mark but to say they will and that there's only five to six possible losses on that schedule is barmy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes