PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Sony make this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to Florio and Simms this morning and they have a feeling Sony will be cut. Our current RB roster is Sony, Harris, White, Taylor, Stevenson, and Bolden with Johnson and Vitale at FB. We obviously cannot carry everyone here. Who will be cut?
the first 7 words of you post tell you all you need to know about why your post makes no sense.

Michel has been with us for the last 3 seasons. In his first 2 he averaged 920" yds per season. Last year when he was splitting the carries 3 ways he averaged 5.7ypc. For his career he's averaged just over 4.3ypc.

Look he's hasn't been a "superstar" RB like everyone expects every first round pick to be, even one chosen at the bottom of the round. He hasn't dazzled or made highlight reel runs. But was he HAS been is a very steady RB who was a major contributor on a superbowl winning team and a key performer his other 2 years.

I agree with the decision that the Pats not pick up his 5th year option, but for 2021, he's just fine. With an offense like ours, you cannot afford not to have 2 healthy quality, run first RB's ready to go for EVERY game. Both Harris and Michel are slashing RB's. I'm hoping that Stephenson will be the hammer we lost when LGB moved on.

My guess is that the Pats will keep Harris, Michel, White, Stephenson and Vitale as the FB with Johnson and Taylor on the PS in case of injuries. Maybe one of Taylor or Jacob makes the team depending on where Bill wants to spend the roster spots

I want to see some more of JJ Taylor, loved his quick burst. He had a 2nd gear that was fun to watch.

Anyone find significant slippage in Bolden's special teams play?

If Harris gets hurt, Sony becomes 1-2 down RB. With this OL and TEs, he could run for 1000... of Harris is healthy, Sony should be RB2 and Harris insurance.

Michel can not catch a break. OK he is not OJ Simpson, but he has not been a bust and was a major contributor to the SB win over LA.
Why cut Michel over JJ Taylor who has proven nothing?

If Harris gets hurt, Sony becomes 1-2 down RB. With this OL and TEs, he could run for 1000... of Harris is healthy, Sony should be RB2 and Harris insurance.
You're dismissing the draftee already, then?

Michel will back up Harris.

the first 7 words of you post tell you all you need to know about why your post makes no sense.

Michel has been with us for the last 3 seasons. In his first 2 he averaged 920" yds per season. Last year when he was splitting the carries 3 ways he averaged 5.7ypc. For his career he's averaged just over 4.3ypc.

Look he's hasn't been a "superstar" RB like everyone expects every first round pick to be, even one chosen at the bottom of the round. He hasn't dazzled or made highlight reel runs. But was he HAS been is a very steady RB who was a major contributor on a superbowl winning team and a key performer his other 2 years.

I agree with the decision that the Pats not pick up his 5th year option, but for 2021, he's just fine. With an offense like ours, you cannot afford not to have 2 healthy quality, run first RB's ready to go for EVERY game. Both Harris and Michel are slashing RB's. I'm hoping that Stephenson will be the hammer we lost when LGB moved on.

My guess is that the Pats will keep Harris, Michel, White, Stephenson and Vitale as the FB with Johnson and Taylor on the PS in case of injuries. Maybe one of Taylor or Jacob makes the team depending on where Bill wants to spend the roster spots
Why be an arse and mention 7 words? All I did was ask a question. It is not a sin to listen to Pats news clips from various sources. I didn't say he should be or would be cut. I just asked a question. Thanks for being a butt.

Why be an arse and mention 7 words? All I did was ask a question. It is not a sin to listen to Pats news clips from various sources. I didn't say he should be or would be cut. I just asked a question. Thanks for being a butt.
I'm guessing you're a Pats fan from across the pond. Yes, it's no sin to listen to Pats news clips from credible sources. Florio is a runt lawyer with next to zero football acumen. Simms is a nationwide KNOWN Patriot hater and an incredibly stupid arrogant little offshoot pr!ck of Phil Simms the Giants great QB of the past. Probably why your post drew some heat. Don't take it personally.

I'm guessing you're a Pats fan from across the pond. Yes, it's no sin to listen to Pats news clips from credible sources. Florio is a runt lawyer with next to zero football acumen. Simms is a nationwide KNOWN Patriot hater and an incredibly stupid arrogant little offshoot pr!ck of Phil Simms the Giants great QB of the past. Probably why your post drew some heat. Don't take it personally.
I had no idea New Hampshire was across the pond. I already know who Florio and Simms are. Its not a sin to listen to news from multiple sources. All I did was ask "Who will be cut?"

Toughen up kid and grow a pair. ;) The post wasn't meant to be critical of you personally, but rather the people you quoted AND then I added the data that puts the lie to the comments the PFT pair was spouting.

When you post your thoughts (on this site at least) you have to be prepared to take some heat. Hopefully the rebuttals are well thought out and contain a reasonable defense of their position Iike mine ;) ). ANNNNND sometimes they just call you an "idiot" who doesn't know what they are talking about and move on to the next attack.

Sorry if you took it personally. I don't roll that way.

Toughen up kid and grow a pair. ;) The post wasn't meant to be critical of you personally, but rather the people you quoted AND then I added the data that puts the lie to the comments the PFT pair was spouting.

When you post your thoughts (on this site at least) you have to be prepared to take some heat. Hopefully the rebuttals are well thought out and contain a reasonable defense of their position Iike mine ;) ). ANNNNND sometimes they just call you an "idiot" who doesn't know what they are talking about and move on to the next attack.

Sorry if you took it personally. I don't roll that way.
My hubby would't like it if I grew a pair. You are still an arse. No need for it.

I had no idea New Hampshire was across the pond. I already know who Florio and Simms are. Its not a sin to listen to news from multiple sources. All I did was ask "Who will be cut?"
I think it's a reasonable thing to ponder Sony's fate, given that the Patriots drafted a RB and didn't pick up Sony's option.

I think it is a good discussion. The Patriots do running backs differently then most teams, usually having a committee rather than one star. Sony has been hurt a couple times but so has Harris, so it makes sense to keep them both. When healthy they are both very good. Never quite sure where all the Taylor love comes from, I assume he is White back up.

I think it is a good discussion. The Patriots do running backs differently then most teams, usually having a committee rather than one star. Sony has been hurt a couple times but so has Harris, so it makes sense to keep them both. When healthy they are both very good. Never quite sure where all the Taylor love comes from, I assume he is White back up.

Last season Taylor rushed 23 times for 110 yards while White rushed 35 times for 121 yards. That's 4.8 against 3.5 YPC. OK, those stats are only a part of the picture, but you shouldn't be surprised if some of us like the look of Taylor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes