PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Miami Win a Game this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you expect the Rams to beat the Saints last week? You can't look at a schedule and mark down wins and losses, any one can beat any one on any day.

As for the games I do pinpoint, NYJ, Baltimore and Cincinnati are all pretty crappy teams. Plus the Bills is another one I look at because they are just as big of frauds this year as the Jets were last year. They don't belong at 5-4.

You have a lot of nerve calling any team a "fraud" when your team can't even win a game.

I just want to ask if you thought they were a VERY VERY BAD team at the start of the year. Prior to the injuries and trades, this wasn't a half bad team. All the youth and terrible QBing since the Green injury leaves us with a team that can't win the 4th quarter.

You are fond of saying we are biased when in fact we are pretty much dead on right where assessing your Dolphins (and several other teams) has been concerned. And you have been dead wrong on most of your prognostications about them, us and everyone else you assess because while you may be an NFL as well as Dolphin fan, you are a relative neophyte as a professional football fan. We are three time champions who came from nothing and have seen it all - so we know from what we speak.

We warned you about your aging D. We told you Culpepper was a bust. We predicted that Green was done in KC and would never rebound from a severe concussion at 37. We warned Ricky would not stay on the waggon, told you Saban was no BB, predicted Cam would be even further in over his head. We told you Welker was a diamond looking for a quality setting, and Randy was still an elite WR if matched with a QB and HC like Brady and Belichick. We prediced Indy would struggle to defend their title, because we know how hard that is to do. We told you SD was a collection of crybaby paper tigers. We told you Mangini was not ready to be a HC in this league and his ego would outstrip his so-called genius. We told you your 9-7 season was indicatve of nothing more than Saban's inability to stomach losing short term even to achieve a greater long term goal.

If you came here hoping to learn something you'd be one smart 'Phin fan by now. But you're 18 and you think you know it all and after two years you haven't learned a thing. Including not to go looking for bets to welch on or pay off at fifty cents on the dollar only after a year of taunting.

I say 2-14.

Yeah I know you don't care about the rest of the league, the majority of Patriots fans are just Pats fans and not NFL fans.

I didn't say the Pats going undefeated was impossible, but yes I am saying it is impossible for the Fins to go winless. I'll put money on that.

Amazing, just amazing!
Didn't we endure month after month of whining by WaterBoy that he couldn't 'afford' to pay off on his charity bet that he'd lost? And yet with utter disregard for his past lies he now offers to make a money bet again!

In case any newbies think of accepting this bet (one that WaterBoy should win, but that's irrelevant) remember that he also lost another bet here, one where he would not post in this forum anymore if he lost. He did lose. He's still posting here. What a welcher.

You have a lot of nerve calling any team a "fraud" when your team can't even win a game.

How do you figure? The Dolphins are exactly what their record says they are, a bad football team. The Bills are a below average team but their record says they're above average, that makes them a fraud.

You are fond of saying we are biased when in fact we are pretty much dead on right where assessing your Dolphins (and several other teams) has been concerned. And you have been dead wrong on most of your prognostications about them, us and everyone else you assess because while you may be an NFL as well as Dolphin fan, you are a relative neophyte as a professional football fan. We are three time champions who came from nothing and have seen it all - so we know from what we speak.

We warned you about your aging D. We told you Culpepper was a bust. We predicted that Green was done in KC and would never rebound from a severe concussion at 37. We warned Ricky would not stay on the waggon, told you Saban was no BB, predicted Cam would be even further in over his head. We told you Welker was a diamond looking for a quality setting, and Randy was still an elite WR if matched with a QB and HC like Brady and Belichick. We prediced Indy would struggle to defend their title, because we know how hard that is to do. We told you SD was a collection of crybaby paper tigers. We told you Mangini was not ready to be a HC in this league and his ego would outstrip his so-called genius. We told you your 9-7 season was indicatve of nothing more than Saban's inability to stomach losing short term even to achieve a greater long term goal.

If you came here hoping to learn something you'd be one smart 'Phin fan by now. But you're 18 and you think you know it all and after two years you haven't learned a thing. Including not to go looking for bets to welch on or pay off at fifty cents on the dollar only after a year of taunting.

I've seen some here say Peyton Manning sucks and that he is over rated. Tell me how that is one bit of objectivity because I see one of the best QBs ever when I see Manning play.

You're wrong about my predictions, I'm usually wrong about the Dolphins lately because I pick them to do well and they haven't done well 3 of the last 4 years. Look at my other picks across the NFL, I'm better then 50% picking division champions the past few years.

We were warned about our aging defense every year the past 5 years but we still produced in 4 of those years. How about putting some of you guys on trial for those dead wrong predictions? Half of those things you're telling me I already knew.

I'm 20 and yeah I've learned something but not as much as you expect. I learn things on my own, there are hardly tons of great opinions to go around at this place. If I want that, I go to the FH VIP because there is more football knowledge there then any site I can find on the internet.

I just want to ask if you thought they were a VERY VERY BAD team at the start of the year. Prior to the injuries and trades, this wasn't a half bad team. All the youth and terrible QBing since the Green injury leaves us with a team that can't win the 4th quarter.

I think it was pretty unanimous that Miami was going to have a rough year. Not sure if too many people thought they could be looking at a winless year this far in, but nobody thought they were going to compete for the playoffs.

Now you sound like Jets fans... "we just can't close out games, we're throwing away victories, we're better than our record". Why the excuses? You're the worst team in the league right now, swallow the pill and hope for better in the future.

I think it was pretty unanimous that Miami was going to have a rough year. Not sure if too many people thought they could be looking at a winless year this far in, but nobody thought they were going to compete for the playoffs.

Now you sound like Jets fans... "we just can't close out games, we're throwing away victories, we're better than our record". Why the excuses? You're the worst team in the league right now, swallow the pill and hope for better in the future.

Right now, yes, I'd say we're the worst team. If we had just Ronnie, we wouldn't be and we if still had Bell, Green, Chambers and hadn't missed Thomas and Holliday from so many games, we'd be a lot better. But the fact is we don't have those teams and now we start building for next year.

Right on the money. :agree:

Right now, yes, I'd say we're the worst team. If we had just Ronnie, we wouldn't be and we if still had Bell, Green, Chambers and hadn't missed Thomas and Holliday from so many games, we'd be a lot better. But the fact is we don't have those teams and now we start building for next year.

Listen to yourself. Mr. Yeahbutwhatif. You just don't get it. You were the worst team in the league WHEN you had those guys. It has nothing to due with injuries and bad luck in Miami, it's mismanagement. And that's probably not going to change until Wayne decides to move on. Then you could start building for next decade. :rolleyes:

Listen to yourself. Mr. Yeahbutwhatif. You just don't get it. You were the worst team in the league WHEN you had those guys. It has nothing to due with injuries and bad luck in Miami, it's mismanagement. And that's probably not going to change until Wayne decides to move on. Then you could start building for next decade. :rolleyes:

Why not give credit to the Cam/Mueller regime for actually rebuilding a team that has needed it for 5 years?

I'm saying if all those guys were healthy, we wouldn't be 0-9 and we wouldn't be the worse team. But, that's what we are and we are the worst team. If Wayne removes Cameron and Mueller I won't know what to say, that would be a terrible idea to just start it all over again.

Why not give credit to the Cam/Mueller regime for actually rebuilding a team that has needed it for 5 years?

I am astounded by this statement. Why give any credit to a management team that has accomplished...nothing whatsoever? This kind of abyssmal ignorance belongs over in the vaunted Finhaven 'VIP' (cough) forum.

I am astounded by this statement. Why give any credit to a management team that has accomplished...nothing whatsoever? This kind of abyssmal ignorance belongs over in the vaunted Finhaven 'VIP' (cough) forum.

So you want to blame this product on a regime that just arrived rather then those before him? What is he supposed to do when he has basically had to fill this roster with backups and dinosaurs because of the drafting of this franchise from 2000-2004? Get real man, Cameron had nothing to do with what Wannstedt and Spielman did.

Impossible. Miami has lost 5 games by 3 points. They could very easily be 5-4 right now.

Maybe so, but "it is what it is". If the Titanic had turned 8-10 seconds faster, it could easily have missed the iceberg altogether.

EZ76

we should re name this board fin heaven with all the dolphin talk going on.doesnt this thread belong in the VL?

Is this a trick question or something? Of course people thought this was a very very bad team at the start of the year. From the concussed quarterback to drafting a punt returner at #9, to losing Welker, to grabbing an over-the-hill Porter, to letting McMichael go, to not repairing that secondary, to allowing the front 7 to continue its decline, what was there you felt made the Dolphins anything but awful? Scouts, Inc., for example, picked them to finish last in the division on ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview07/news/story?page=team07/mia

So you want to blame this product on a regime that just arrived rather then those before him? What is he supposed to do when he has basically had to fill this roster with backups and dinosaurs because of the drafting of this franchise from 2000-2004? Get real man, Cameron had nothing to do with what Wannstedt and Spielman did.

That appears to be what Wayne is doing even as we speak. He is suddenly acutely aware that Cam may not have been ready to be a HC in the NFL on a lot of levels. And the GM Saban settled on may not be some Pioli clone. The Dolphins needed more than a supposed QB guru and competent coordinator of someone else's offenses when it was loaded with talent. Just like two and a half years ago they needed more that the overhyped X's and O's defensive genius friend of BB and whomever he could get to work with him on short notice.

In Miami you need a full blown organizational overhaul before you can ever begin to rebuild a team. And that starts with an owner who asks the peanut gallery for suggestions because he is apparently not capable of making intelligent decisions regarding the management team that should successfully run his three quarter of a billion dollar football operations.

The fish rots from the head as they say. And the owning an NFL franchise isn't like developing Waste Management or franchising Blockbuster stores or acquiring a chain of automobile dealerships.

If your great hope the new second round rookie QB doesn't show well in the next several weeks, don't worry about what the fans say. Wayne will begin the strip and flip in earnest, and I'm sure there are lots of eager beaver billionaires itching to try their hand at NFL ownership and franchise management.

That appears to be what Wayne is doing even as we speak. He is suddenly acutely aware that Cam may not have been ready to be a HC in the NFL on a lot of levels. And the GM Saban settled on may not be some Pioli clone. The Dolphins needed more than a supposed QB guru and competent coordinator of someone else's offenses when it was loaded with talent. Just like two and a half years ago they needed more that the overhyped X's and O's defensive genius friend of BB and whomever he could get to work with him on short notice.

In Miami you need a full blown organizational overhaul before you can ever begin to rebuild a team. And that starts with an owner who asks the peanut gallery for suggestions because he is apparently not capable of making intelligent decisions regarding the management team that should successfully run his three quarter of a billion dollar football operations.

The fish rots from the head as they say. And the owning an NFL franchise isn't like developing Waste Management or franchising Blockbuster stores or acquiring a chain of automobile dealerships.

If your great hope the new second round rookie QB doesn't show well in the next several weeks, don't worry about what the fans say. Wayne will begin the strip and flip in earnest, and I'm sure there are lots of eager beaver billionaires itching to try their hand at NFL ownership and franchise management.

I know all about what will happen if Beck doesn't perform. Mueller and Cam's jobs depend on John Beck as they stuck their neck out there rather then taking the media boy Brady Quinn.

You posses no reading comprehension skills whatsoever.
You had said previously, "Why not give credit to the Cam/Mueller regime for actually rebuilding a team?"
I replied "Why give credit to a management team that has accomplished nothing?"

Try to read more slowly, follow the discussion and reply to what was said, not to some straw man "blame this regime" bogus point.

Really slowly this time, what specifics have the wondrous Cam/Mueller team accomplished that support your successfull rebuilding contention? Please, no optimistic expectations, just cite actual accomplishments.

Me, I see bozos that traded for Trent Green, someone that I and numerous others told you time and again was one more hit away from La La Land.
I see bozos that miscalculated and tendered too small an offer to their best receiver and returner such that they lost him too cheaply for value received.
I see bozos that wasted a Top 10 pick on a glorified kick returner to replace the guy they lost above.
I see bozos that signed Joey Porter, an over rated big mouthed under achiever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back