PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will it be like 2017 or 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralmat55

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Today marks the beginning of the NFL’s legal tampering period. And, if last year is any example, we will most likely know where the marquee free agents will end up within the next 48 hours.

The question is how this period will go for the Patriots. Will it be like 2017 when the Patriots had signed Stephon Gilmore, resigned Duron Harmon and Alan Branch, and traded for Brandin Cooks within the first 48 hours of the new league year or will it be like 2018 when we watched Nate Solder, Malcolm Butler and Dion Lewis leave without any replacements in sight?

I’m saying it will be closer to 2017 than 2018. But, if Flowers, Brown and Gostkowski are gone by Tuesday, remember the Patriots won the Super Bowl at the end of the 2018 season and not 2017.

It will be interesting to watch. Enjoy!

••• Edit. The legal tampering period begins Monday at 4 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t have much hope that Flowers will return unfortunately and am sure Brown is a gonner. I do think Ghost will come back. But, with 11 picks, I am quite hopeful that there’ll be some interesting trades to be made on top of the Bennett trade.

I think we can field another great team without a splash.

Wr - I would like amendola back. Would like a look at e sanders if released and Gordon if reinstated. Patterson hopefully back at the right price. Also one of the 6 top picks should be used on the position.

Dt/de- again look at some releases that come up, and probably 2 of the top 6 picks for a dt, 1 on de. Maybe one of shelton or brown back if cheap.

T- top 6 pick. Brown is gone, dunno who is available out there.

Te- i hear its a good draft for te’s. Take 1 or 2 regardless of gronks plans.

I think we can field another great team without a splash.

Wr - I would like amendola back. Would like a look at e sanders if released and Gordon if reinstated. Patterson hopefully back at the right price. Also one of the 6 top picks should be used on the position.

Dt/de- again look at some releases that come up, and probably 2 of the top 6 picks for a dt, 1 on de. Maybe one of shelton or brown back if cheap.

T- top 6 pick. Brown is gone, dunno who is available out there.

Te- i hear its a good draft for te’s. Take 1 or 2 regardless of gronks plans.
I’m curious why you have sanders in your wish list.
He is 32 in a week already showing decline due to age, and coming off a torn Achilles.

4 pm is when all the madness starts right?

I’m curious why you have sanders in your wish list.
He is 32 in a week already showing decline due to age, and coming off a torn Achilles.

Weve shown interest before and I think he could be decent in this offense . The achilles is a concern but id at least take a look

If I read Miguel right the team has ~$16.9m available cap. Sure they can make some moves to reduce Tom, Gronk, DMc and maybe a couple of others to get them to maybe ~$30m but that still doesn't give them a crazy amount of space to play with.

As a comparison, before signing Gilly in 2017 they had over $60m in free space.

My heart is telling me Flowers will choose the Pats but the reality whispers he is gone likewise Brown. Fortunately we are loaded with some draft picks what allows us to upgrade the team. I also expect some FA moves based on friendly,vet contracts.

If I read Miguel right the team has ~$16.9m available cap. Sure they can make some moves to reduce Tom, Gronk, DMc and maybe a couple of others to get them to maybe ~$30m but that still doesn't give them a crazy amount of space to play with.

As a comparison, before signing Gilly in 2017 they had over $60m in free space.

Yup. I think we’ll have a little wait before the Pats become active as they sign some of the lower valued free agents once the dust has settled. Trades may be where they are more active.

Pats made the finals both years, so the orgs decisions were pretty good based on the situation. I trust they will make the right decisions, although personally I would like to see flowers and ghost come back. I n my heart, I think flowers won’t but ghost will. I think brown is gone, Wynn starts and they resign waddle.

Yup. I think we’ll have a little wait before the Pats become active as they sign some of the lower valued free agents once the dust has settled. Trades may be where they are more active.

I see them making a number of trades before/during/after draft day.

I consider Trey and Brown gonners. I actually think Gost is 50/50 to return.

I see them making a number of trades before/during/after draft day.

I consider Trey and Brown gonners. I actually think Gost is 50/50 to return.

There are a few good kickers in the draft. I think Brown is 100% gone. Flowers seems to uncertain.

There are a few good kickers in the draft. I think Brown is 100% gone. Flowers seems to uncertain.
As we've seen Bill has no problem drafting & playing a rookie kicker.

BB is not paying Gost $6m no way.

I was off by a day. The legal tampering period begins tomorrow (Monday) at 4 pm. The source of my confusion (well one of them anyway) is the NFL is starting their “Free Agent Frenzy” broadcast today. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots