Votes: 67 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 58 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he was signed more for next season anyway and only needed in a real emergency for this year so i think so unless someone else bids the $ up.

It would probably benefit Floyd to sign a 1 year deal and hope the Patriots wash the stink off of him and he can cash in somewhere else for big money in 12 months.

I think that's what happens, signs a 1 year deal here.

c'mon, there is a league mandated punishment that was included in the CBA

What is the league mandated punishment for first time offense?

I would sign him for short money in a heartbeat........easy to to kick to the curb if he doesn't work out and he's young and was very good at times and did well through having some real stiffs throw to him

Our WR struggled in man coverage. Only Gronk can break man coverage consistently but we all know he gets injured often.

We need a guy like Floyd, and we can get him cheap for 1 season. Why not?

Pleaded guilty, sentenced to 120 days. But will serve only 24 days in jail. The rest will be house arrest

I think there is a good chance he'll be back on a 1-2 year prove it deal

Last edited:
What is the league mandated punishment for first time offense?
From what I can tell, it's 2 games.

I have no idea where some are getting these 4-6 game projections from. I suppose one could argue that the "accelerated" part of the DUI could get him another game added, but I still think we're looking at 2-3 games.

I have no idea where some are getting these 4-6 game projections from. I suppose one could argue that the "accelerated" part of the DUI could get him another game added, but I still think we're looking at 2-3 games.

Conduct detrimental to the NFL:
- DUI
- Being a Patriot

Hes a Patriot. Take whatever someone else gets for a punishment and multiply it x10

He'll be article 46ed. Book it

Conduct detrimental to the NFL:
- DUI
- Being a Patriot

Right now, he technically isn't one since the season is over. When does Evildell and the NYFL* have to rule on his suspension?

He'll be article 46ed. Book it

Actually, he can't be since the league has already negotiated punishments for DUI..

He was on the record several times stating he wants to stay here . he knows this is a blessing for his situation (and I don't mean only professionally but intimately - because he knows he is not strong enough on his own and he needs help and Pats are certainly one of the toughest rehab facilities there are..)

Pats are reportedly interested too so Id be surprised if he's not among first signed back.
Seems he'll have plenty company the next 24 days, and lots of time to think about how he got into that situation. I imagine they must have some sort of support groups and/or training available while in jail. Hope he takes good advantage of his time.

And if Floyd cold clocks his girlfriend it might be reduced to two games.o_O Don't look at me blame Roger.:p
Or one game if you can prove you have a history abusing her, because it can't be as bad if she's used to it.

No. Way.
Suspended, yes, for 2-4 games.
Jail not gonna happen as he can afford an expensive, effective DUI lawyer.
Unless you kill someone, you don't do time for DUIs even your 2nd, 3rd with a top echelon lawyer..
What happens if he also gets an effective prosecutor?

I imagine they must have some sort of support groups and/or training available while in jail.
Says a guy who's clearly never seen a jail before. ;)

In all seriousness though, here's hoping that Floyd attends some AA meetings and seeks some counseling to address his issues.

The Pats only have everything to gain by resigning him to a protective prove it deal. I think the Dolphins game showed a snippet of whats to come with Brady throwing to him. He lacked stability at the QB position in AZ and his numbers showed. I could see him fully realizing his potential here and he still has plenty of great years ahead of him obviously.

The ONLY thing that can stop the greatness I see in Floyd is Floyd himself. Besides Id rather take a shot at him than a rookie or someone that has no playing time with the team. His strength and particular skill-set is something the offense lacks.

Seems he'll have plenty company the next 24 days, and lots of time to think about how he got into that situation. I imagine they must have some sort of support groups and/or training available while in jail. Hope he takes good advantage of his time.
yes, training is in the exercise yard, topics include Lockpicking 101, How to Make a Shank, and Gang Recognition, plus there's lots of group support when you're bent over in the showers...

Says a guy who's clearly never seen a jail before. ;)
Actually, I have been jailed a few times, but only 24 hours or less, in local drunk tanks. No twenty four day stints for me. I did not cover myself with glory (or vomit either) those days. These days I simply do not drink. It's the only way for me to be sure to avoid that outcome.

Clearly, you haven't known anyone that has been imprisoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back