• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
He seems to love it here but does he really re-sign to compete in a crowded corps that includes Edelman, Hogan, Dola (?), and Mitchell? I don't think so to be honest.

Probably but he'll have to serve time in jail and be suspended six games for his second DUI.

Depends on how much he likes winning.

I'd like to bring him back as a bigger receiving target in case of injury to Gronk.
I think he'll sign a cheap 1yr deal and re-establish himself. I can't see Bennett
coming back. And, we can just sign a blocking TE as Gronk's backup. If Gronk
were to miss some time, we have some bigger targets now; Hogan, Mitchell
and Floyd.

Myze well... I feel like he's gonna get a very cheap one year deal

I think he might of had a chance until he couldn't be trusted to run the routes he was given. After that, it was "hasta la vista baby" for him. Trust in his receivers is paramount for Brady and we have all seen what happens to players that have lost that trust!

We were very lucky we had enough healthy receivers to compete this season.
His value as a blocker and his head start on the playbook make him even more valuable.
It also helps besides Mitchell our draft percentage on receivers success has been abysmal.

He will definitely be back. He has no choice. Nobody will give him a multi-year deal yet. One year rehab with Patriots on a cap friendly deal before he continues on elsewhere. It will be just like Talib's stay with us. I am quite okay with that as he can be made into a useful player for us with a good training camp to bond with Brady.

no matter where he goes, its going to be a very cheap, one-year "prove it" deal. theres also the possibility of jail time affecting his availability. that being said, hes a very good wr who'd bring value to the Pats. he wasnt here long enough to build "trust" with brady,as one poster put it. so thats a non-issue. he says he wants to be here. i think Pats sign him to the afore-mentioned one-year "prove-it" deal.

He should come very cheap...1 year prove it deal then get paid...i think he's back and Dola may be gone

What a way to get a SB Ring in the case of Floyd I say seeing he got it so easy he might give us the dreaded Two Year prove it deal.:p

Probably but he'll have to serve time in jail and be suspended six games for his second DUI.
With the league office seething at us (again,) he'll get a season long suspension if he signs with us, or a fine if he signs with anyone else.

He seems to love it here but does he really re-sign to compete in a crowded corps that includes Edelman, Hogan, Dola (?), and Mitchell? I don't think so to be honest.

We signed him because we were in dire need of depth. It depends what happens in offseason free agency, draft, etc.. It also remains to be seen whether he can learn the offense. I'm still not 100% convinced he isn't going to be an Ochocinco. Great guy, but unable to learn the crazy-ass route trees in Brady's head. It took Moss two weeks.

Fingers crossed though. He's got the athletic talent.

With the league office seething at us (again,) he'll get a season long suspension if he signs with us, or a fine if he signs with anyone else.

The second drug/alcohol violation carries a mandatory six-game suspension. It's been bargained for in the CBA.

It's his first in the NFL, I'm guessing it will be four. I can see a one year deal at low money that allows him to revitalize his career.

Don't know and it doesn't worry me. I firmly believe Mitchell will emerge and make this a non-story.

Next year you will find it hard to take Mitchell/Edelman/Gronk/Lewis off the field on passing downs cause they will be so good and that doesn't even mention Hogan/Amendola/White and anyone else.

If they don't sign Floyd I won't care much TBH. If he wants to sign a low 1 year deal that is fine but I don't sign him to anything big. We have bigger needs than WR depth.

On offense if we invest somewhere it should be TE2, RB and OL. WR is bottom of the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back