Votes: 67 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 58 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably but he'll have to serve time in jail and be suspended six games for his second DUI.

It's not his second DUI in AZ. It's his first. Furthermore, considering what Richardson got, Floyd shouldn't be suspended more than a game.

It should be an option in every poll.
That and "fifteen minutes can save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance" should always be an acceptable answer for anything.

The second drug/alcohol violation carries a mandatory six-game suspension. It's been bargained for in the CBA.

Except it's not the 2nd during his time in the NFL. His first occurred while at Notre Dame.

I actually expect the Giants to make a run at Floyd.

Except it's not the 2nd during his time in the NFL. His first occurred while at Notre Dame.
It's the NFL, it could be considered his third offenses including the time he ate a crayon in preschool.

I think he might of had a chance until he couldn't be trusted to run the routes he was given. After that, it was "hasta la vista baby" for him. Trust in his receivers is paramount for Brady and we have all seen what happens to players that have lost that trust!

This sounds right to me. After that highlight reel push for a touchdown and the best block of the year, he just went poof from the active roster when it meant the most.

That, and Mitchell and Dola also returned. Maybe he gets tried again.

He is sure to be suspended at least 4 games, so I don't see much of a market for him anywhere. Might as well offer him low dollars to come in after his suspension, in case we have injuries by then.

If he's not in jail for training camp, that is, so that he can get integrated into the offense. You have to like his physical tools.

The second drug/alcohol violation carries a mandatory six-game suspension. It's been bargained for in the CBA.
So was tampering with equipment....Just sayin'. His agent better have already talked to the NFL to make sure he isn't going to get a worse punishment if he signs with the Pats. I'm not so sure the Pats should sign him anyway. He won't be available for almost half the year in the best case scenario, and he couldn't learn the playbook well enough, or make himself useful enough to stay on the field for the playoffs, even though we were minus Gronk and very thin at TE (with the thinking that Floyd's size and blocking abilities could have been used).

Sometimes in the off season I like to close my eyes and wake up for the draft knowing that BB will get the roster as "good" as he can, and then we'll go from there.

Probably but he'll have to serve time in jail and be suspended six games for his second DUI.
So many things to address here.

First off, it's Floyd's first DUI as it pertains to the NFL and its punishment system. Anything he previously received while playing at Notre Dame does not count, due to the simple fact that he was not a member of the NFL.

That takes us to the punishment for a first time DUI offender, which certainly will not be for SIX games. Most of us are expecting two games.

While the laws of ARZ are some of the harshest in the country, even they have difficulty wasting precious space in the county jail for a 2nd DUI. There are many alternatives including a suspended sentence, work release, house arrest, etc. You may be right that he sees a small period of incarceration, but even with a one month sentence he'd only have to do a couple of weeks.

It's his first in the NFL, I'm guessing it will be four. I can see a one year deal at low money that allows him to revitalize his career.
The punishment for a first time DUI offense in the NFL is now 4 games?

BobDig: remember the Fragile guys we have on Offense bringing Floyd back on the cheap even though he's going to get 4 games have to be a plus for our Patriots. Imagine a Full Off season with Brady and the Playbook.

Very wrong. He might have to serve some off season time, but it will be very short. This is his first DUI in the NFL. His last was over 6 years ago while a teenager in college. (common mistake btw). He WILL be suspended however, but his time will be in the 2-4 game range.

Back to the OP -

If he's smart he'll be back with the Pats. All he has to do is look at the financial success players who have played well with the Pats have gotten. One, even just decent year with the Pats will almost completely rehabilitate his rep. If he thrives then the sky's the limit.

Given the likely suspension, I think an offer of a one year prove it deal, that would consist of a Million guaranteed, and incentives up to $5MM if he thrives, less he's just decent. The Pats can easily fit that in their cap (and a bit more if necessary).

His alternative is to go make marginally more somewhere else and hope for the best. That is why I think he's back. IF he is just about the money, then where else is he more likely to have the success he needs to get, than right here...even if his numbers would suffer because there is no #1 in this system

Very wrong. He might have to serve some off season time, but it will be very short. This is his first DUI in the NFL. His last was over 6 years ago while a teenager in college. (common mistake btw). He WILL be suspended however, but his time will be in the 2-4 game range.

Back to the OP -

If he's smart he'll be back with the Pats. All he has to do is look at the financial success players who have played well with the Pats have gotten. One, even just decent year with the Pats will almost completely rehabilitate his rep. If he thrives then the sky's the limit.

Given the likely suspension, I think an offer of a one year prove it deal, that would consist of a Million guaranteed, and incentives up to $5MM if he thrives, less he's just decent. The Pats can easily fit that in their cap (and a bit more if necessary).

His alternative is to go make marginally more somewhere else and hope for the best. That is why I think he's back. IF he is just about the money, then where else is he more likely to have the success he needs to get, than right here...even if his numbers would suffer because there is no #1 in this system
Agree on all counts, Ken, although I think a deal that could potentially reach 5m is a bit too high on a one year, prove it deal.

I'm all for keeping him and always felt that this was a move geared towards 2017. I would lower that salary to where incentives could take him to 4m, so we're definitely in the same ballpark.

Well... I do think he'll be back on the cheap. BUT.... OTOH, Ray Lewis did kill a guy so I went with that for the poll. ;)

Technically, accessory to murder (getaway and coverup + I think false testimony, but not sure how much more than I plead the fifth he said). In most states I think that accessory makes you eligible to be charged with the same charge as the trigger (knife) man. So unfortunately, the poll is badly worded in that regard. . . He did not kill anyone, but did " murder" someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes