Votes: 67 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Ray Lewis killed a guy

Votes: 58 38.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree if you like, the two people who hit the red "X" button but he's going to jail and will be suspended.

Who cares about facts, right, Arch. People disagreed with you because you said he'd be serving 6 games and that it was his 2nd DUI. Then you doubled down by claiming that it was the league negotiated penalty.

The problem is that it's NOT his 2nd DUI. The League can only count the DUIs while he is IN the league.

As for Jail Time, they'll probably do it they way that it was done a few years ago with Denard.. In the offseason so it doesn't affect his career.

Your response is a lame attempt to backtrack and ignore what several people pointed out to you so that you can say "See. I told you so" when anything does happen.

No. Way.
Suspended, yes, for 2-4 games.
Jail not gonna happen as he can afford an expensive, effective DUI lawyer.
Unless you kill someone, you don't do time for DUIs even your 2nd, 3rd with a top echelon lawyer..

Anything more than 1 and the NFLPA should fight it as it's his first offense in the league and Sheldon Richardson only got one for doing significantly more.

He'll also have to enter the league's substance abuse program if he hasn't already..

I think he might of had a chance until he couldn't be trusted to run the routes he was given. After that, it was "hasta la vista baby" for him. Trust in his receivers is paramount for Brady and we have all seen what happens to players that have lost that trust!
You might be wrong considering the word on SB week was that they were trying hard to figure out a way to carry him in the gameday roster. They wanted him to play, but needs at other positions prevented it.

I thought he indicated that he wanted to come back and I would bet that the Pats would definitely take him back for a minimal type deal.

He just better not be caught wearing a certain clown shirt.............

I thought he indicated that he wanted to come back and I would bet that the Pats would definitely take him back for a minimal type deal.

He was on the record several times stating he wants to stay here . he knows this is a blessing for his situation (and I don't mean only professionally but intimately - because he knows he is not strong enough on his own and he needs help and Pats are certainly one of the toughest rehab facilities there are..)

Pats are reportedly interested too so Id be surprised if he's not among first signed back.

No. Way.
Suspended, yes, for 2-4 games.
Jail not gonna happen as he can afford an expensive, effective DUI lawyer.
Unless you kill someone, you don't do time for DUIs even your 2nd, 3rd with a top echelon lawyer..
Ultimately, I wouldn't be shocked if he's forced to do a couple of weeks on a 30 day sentence, but I agree with you that the odds are pretty low of that occurring.

The issues that muddy the waters for me are ARZ's strict laws and the fact that it was an accelerated DUI on a second overall offense. Still, as you mention, this isn't normally something that warrants jail time.

Hopefully not. We don't need him and he's a scumbag. I would be be surprised. He didn't do well when he was here. Why bring him back?

On a one year rental?? How have we done with those one year rentals recently?? Our record speaks for itself. :cool:

Other teams win too. The Patriots don't get next year's Super Bowl trophy by default.
Not sure I implied they'd win the SB next year, did I?

The Patriots have a history (BB/Brady era as we are in it) and culture of winning. If Floyd wants to maximize his salary, he won't be here. Plus, BB has to have seen something from Floyd that makes it seem like he'll grasp the offensive system (so it isn't solely up to him).

Probably but he'll have to serve time in jail and be suspended six games for his second DUI.

I don't think state courts can consider his conviction in another state as a 2nd dui as far as mandatory sentencing type deal. And why should it be 6 games, the first offense did not occur after he declared for the draft?

With the league office seething at us (again,) he'll get a season long suspension if he signs with us, or a fine if he signs with anyone else.

c'mon, there is a league mandated punishment that was included in the CBA

I don't get why anyone thinks he won't. He fits a niche and no one else is going to give him big money for 3/4s of a season.

Who cares about facts, right, Arch. People disagreed with you because you said he'd be serving 6 games and that it was his 2nd DUI. Then you doubled down by claiming that it was the league negotiated penalty.

The problem is that it's NOT his 2nd DUI. The League can only count the DUIs while he is IN the league.

As for Jail Time, they'll probably do it they way that it was done a few years ago with Denard.. In the offseason so it doesn't affect his career.

Your response is a lame attempt to backtrack and ignore what several people pointed out to you so that you can say "See. I told you so" when anything does happen.
Unless it's put on a neutral arbitrator like the drug policy, can't the league do whatever they want? They could decide they don't like his shirt and suspend him for four games.

While he did say that, I think it'd be silly for him to say anything but that he would want to come back even if he didn't.

I would like him back. I'm just not sure it will be as cheap as everyone thinks.

He probably won't get a multi year offer, but I could see some team taking a flier on him and posting a 1 year deal for $5M+. Remember the Cowboys signed Greg Hardy to a 1 year deal for $11M even though he was facing a possible suspension.

I still think we keep him. But I don't think it will be as cheap as everyone thinks it will be.

Depends on the market. There is no reason to not keep him around at a low non-guaranteed salary as camp competition. I don't imagine he gets a long term offer from anybody.

Unless it's put on a neutral arbitrator like the drug policy, can't the league do whatever they want? They could decide they don't like his shirt and suspend him for four games.

No, they can't. The handling of substance abuse cases was explicitly negotiated by the NFLPA and NFL and explicitly written into the CBA.

In Brady's case the judges felt (among other things) that the CBA wasn't explicit enough about something like alleged ball deflation and so the Omissioner could invoke the Rule 46 catchall.

That's not the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back