PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wildcard Weekend Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting note on the giants-packers game, the temperature is going to be in the single digits at Lambeau. This hurts the packers as they don't have much of a run game and rodgers seems to struggle in this kind of weather. Advantage- Eli.

So if NY beats GB, they likely go to Dallas where they have won before. They win that game and they are in the NFCCG. I don't seem getting by Atlanta though.

Note to Giants, be sure to bring your needles and pressure guages.

You just know those Packers will be using balls under 12.5 PSI.

The Oakland - Houston game with McGloin/Cook vs Osweiler/Savage is like the NFL* forgot to play a pre-season game and rescheduled it for this weekend, only this time the results count.

That's the funniest $h!t ever man.:D

Raiders 16 Texans 10. Raiders come to Foxboro... the rematch 15 years in the making...
Steelers 27 Dolphins 23. It's tempting to make this my upset special but I picked another one instead. I don't think Pitt is quite as scary good as people think they are, especially on that defense. That 35-14 beatdown in Miami by the Pats tho....
Packers 24 Giants 23. And Pats fans can exhale. LOL. Take the home team and Rodgers playing really well.
And my upset special: Lions 30 Seahawks 24

I would much rather see the Giants than the Packers if the Patriots do make the SB.

I would much rather see the Giants than the Packers if the Patriots do make the SB.

I agree, but the hype for a Rodgers-Brady SuperBowl would be epic. And then to watch Brady out perform him on the biggest stage would be very rewarding.

But its a pick your poison type of situation - play a good offense and a mediocre defense or play bad offense and really good defense.

I agree, but the hype for a Rodgers-Brady SuperBowl would be epic. And then to watch Brady out perform him on the biggest stage would be very rewarding.

But its a pick your poison type of situation - play a good offense and a mediocre defense or play bad offense and really good defense.
It would be a pretty epic Super Bowl with Rodgers vs Brady but I wouldn't be able to rest easy until the last second ticks off the clock. Man, this must be how fans of other teams feel like when they have to play against Brady and the Pats

I would rather play a really good offense w/bad defense like GB or Atlanta. Not that the Giants scare me or anything, but if the Giants D can slow down Brady, all the Giants need is 20 or so points and/or a couple of fluke plays to win it. Of course we have seen that before. On the other hand, I am confident that our D can slow down Rodgers and Ryan a bit.

i dont want eli manning getting anymore credit for doing nothing. I can do without the giants.

Packers 31 Giants 17
Pittsburgh 24 Miami 21
Texans 17 Raiders 13
Lions 27 Hawks 24

Houston, Steelers, Seattle, Green Bay

if anyone is going to pull the upset, it will be Detroit (with Carr out I don't consider Houston winning an upset, just a gift)

So Osweiler is starting for the Texans. That means two INTs for the Raiders are preprogrammed.

Giants @ Packers. Giants 20 GB 17
Lions @ Seahawks. Seahawks 24 Lions 13
Raiders @ Texans Texans 17 Raiders 9
Dolphins @ Steelers Steelers 34 Dolphins 21

Raiders
Steelers
Seahawks
Giants

Texans over Raiders
Steelers over Dolphins
Giants over Packers
Seahawks over Lions
These are easy picks. Which game MOST likely could be an upset? Giants/Packers is my choice.

Am I the only one who thinks there is a chance the Raiders upset the Texans? Even without Carr I think they have a slight chance.

Oak 13-10: Good pass rush teams against poor QB's equals a bad game.

Pitt 27-10: Miami just doesn't have the fire power to stay with the Steelers. Steelers offense is just to diverse for the Phins D.

GB 24-17: Eli Manning has thrown 71 Int's since 2103. That will be the Giants undoing as he will give GB either points off his turnovers or good field position.

Det 16-13: Upset special... it'll be a defensive slobber knocker with Det reverting back to their early season 4th qtr success.

Except for the Giants/Packers game, this NFL schedule is brutally bad. I personally hope the Packers destroy the stupid loud mouth Giants.

Texans, Steelers, Giants, Seahawks.

Raiders 14-3
Packers 34-28
Seahawks 28-13
Steelers 27-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday