PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Wild Card game discussion: Bucs @ Football team

When you realise a practice squad QB is better than any QB on the Patriots roster....

If saints win today that should be a great game next week. Brady will have to put up 35+

Two of the greats over 40

Last edited:
When you realise a practice squad QB is better than any QB on the Patriots roster....
Comical isn’t it?

But start Stidham to see what he’s got or something. No thanks. He doesn’t have what this kid has that’s for sure.

Anyone else feel as though Dungy was terrible last night? To me he not only added nothing to the game - he was a negative distraction.

It wasn't in a Dan Fouts way of saying stupid and biased comments. Dungy was just very slow, added zero insight, and seemed to struggle to just state the obvious. He didn't seem to have prepared in the least for the game, and it showed. Really undeserving of being in such a high profile commentator.

Chase “I want Tom” Young: 3 tackles none for a loss, 0 QB hits, 0 sacks

I’d still take him on the Pats.

This was cool. Brady yelling 'that's unbelievable' after Henicke made an awesome TD throw'.
I'm pretty sure he was yelling that's unbelievable in response to the official's review coming back with 'the call stands.'

I don't think it was a catch. Looked like the receiver lost his grip on the ball as he stepped out of bounds. Great throw though. Washington may have a decent quarterback on their hands... he earned at at least an extended look heading into their camp / preseason.

I'm pretty sure he was yelling that's unbelievable in response to the official's review coming back with 'the call stands.'

I don't think it was a catch. Looked like the receiver lost his grip on the ball as he stepped out of bounds. Great throw though. Washington may have a decent quarterback on their hands... he earned at at least an extended look heading into their camp / preseason.

He says it in real time though. ? Not like minutes after a review ?

Chase “I want Tom” Young: 3 tackles none for a loss, 0 QB hits, 0 sacks

I’d still take him on the Pats.
Yeah Young was a non-factor. He'll learn to keep his mouth shut. Brady feeds off sh*t like that all the time. Generally running your mouth about Brady leads to a hefty dose of humility.

Anyone else feel as though Dungy was terrible last night? To me he not only added nothing to the game - he was a negative distraction.

It wasn't in a Dan Fouts way of saying stupid and biased comments. Dungy was just very slow, added zero insight, and seemed to struggle to just state the obvious. He didn't seem to have prepared in the least for the game, and it showed. Really undeserving of being in such a high profile commentator.
Something about his shirt collar and what I took to be a somewhat vacant and exaggerated smile made his head seem more egglike to me. He may not have had a great fall last night, but it was a fall nonetheless.

Yeah Young was a non-factor. He'll learn to keep his mouth shut. Brady feeds off sh*t like that all the time. Generally running your mouth about Brady leads to a hefty dose of humility.
Yep. Most of the time it wont end well for them.

He says it in real time though. ? Not like minutes after a review ?
Okay I completely missed it live. Seems like a bit of an overreaction then. Brady's seen more spectacular plays than that.

Heinicke looks like he's got potential to be a starter for somebody. He's 10x better than Newton. And a few other bums I can think of.

It's really unbelievable what Arians has done with a discarded 43 year old 199th pick in the draft QB.

If TB has to play NO next week, it'll need to be a shoot out for them to win. If the OL can keep Brady clean like last night, they have a good chance. However, they can't win if they make the same mistakes (drops, fumbles) against the Saints.

Hopefully the 1st playoff game jitters are over with and they play to avenge their regular season losses. Getting White and Rojo back will be huge. Losing Cappa is also huge though. Can't wait.

It's really unbelievable what Arians has done with a discarded 43 year old 199th pick in the draft QB.

They are doing this in-spite of Arians. Its all on Brady.

Brady went to a team that already was loaded with talent. Then added Gronkowski who is still a very good tight end, Antonio Brown and Leonard fournette. It just shows that our talent was total dogCr@p which is what brady look poor last year. nothing to do with Arians.

Brady completed 77.4 percent of his targets to Godwin this year, compared to 64.2 percent to Evans. The highest Brady ever completed to Edelman was 69.5 percent.

Okay I completely missed it live. Seems like a bit of an overreaction then. Brady's seen more spectacular plays than that.

Heinicke looks like he's got potential to be a starter for somebody. He's 10x better than Newton. And a few other bums I can think of.
It was after the review. Brady thought it wasn’t a TD and was surprised that the call stood

Brady completed 77.4 percent of his targets to Godwin this year, compared to 64.2 percent to Evans. The highest Brady ever completed to Edelman was 69.5 percent.
wow I expected Welker to have a season around 75-80%

From what I've read this morning, the Bucs are still lacking a short and check-down passing game. Do they have room for White and/or Edelman next year?

Imagine being a Belichick hater on a Pats forum
Brady haters have it much worse. There's just nothing left to latch onto at this point. Brady's still playing elite football at age 43. He hasn't missed a beat away from Belichick. In fact he looks better now than he did at any point over his last two seasons in New England. From a quarterbacking standpoint Belichick was holding Brady back. I mean, that's the new debate now... to what extent was Belichick holding Brady back from his full potential?

Just think, if Belichick had any clue how to draft a receiver then we probably would have been watching Brady hang 380 on Indy. Look around the league, there's an abundance of 1st and 2nd round receivers making an impact.

Think about this... Belichick selected Jordan Richards (a projected 7th or 6th rounder at best) with pick #64. Tyler Lockett went to Seattle at #69. Then Belichick takes N'Keal Harry over multiple other receivers including D.K. Metcalf. If Belichick had a clue judging receiver talent then the Patriots could set at WR for a decade.

Godwin couldn’t catch a cold last night, though. It stalled a few drives. Otherwise, they probably would have rang up a 40 burger on one of the best defenses in the NFL.

The only previous 6th round picks or later who ever threw for 300 yards and 1 TD in their first ever playoff game, are Tom Brady and.... This kid Heinicke. It was a 4th quarter high pressure money throw. The kid played out of his mind.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back