PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wide Receivers depth chart

I'm not sure what's sadder: How f'd the Bears are at receiver, or the fact that a N'Keal Harry injury somehow makes it worse.
Sounds like bb needs to trade them agular!
one thing to consider is that this may make it unlikely the Pats can slide a WR onto the PS past them this year, so that might shift the scales toward a trade of a veteran instead trying to stash a younger guy on PS.

one thing to consider is that this may make it unlikely the Pats can slide a WR onto the PS past them this year, so that might shift the scales toward a trade of a veteran instead trying to stash a younger guy on PS.

Excellent point! Something every team has to consider on cut down day.

I think a bronco wide receiver wr tore his acl a week or so ago.

We finally have a little depth, so let's get rid of it, right? Geez. On the other hand, if someone offers a crazy deal, maybe a 2nd (Sanu fetched one), then we take a listen.
Depth is constrained by roster size. Will have to get rid of some of it. Questions are, how, and do we get anything in return?

Depth is constrained by roster size. Will have to get rid of some of it. Questions are, how, and do we get anything in return?
I think that Bourne has the ability to replace Meyers as the "Go To" guy. Trading Meyers to Chicago, who needs someone like Meyers means they could actually get something like a 3rd.

They do need to do thins sooner rather than later. So that whomever they trade has a chance to get acclimated to the new team/offense.

I think that Bourne has the ability to replace Meyers as the "Go To" guy. Trading Meyers to Chicago, who needs someone like Meyers means they could actually get something like a 3rd.

They do need to do thins sooner rather than later. So that whomever they trade has a chance to get acclimated to the new team/offense.
Just an FYI, Meyers is leading the Pats in receptions and catch rate for training camp. Not Bourne.

Just an FYI, Meyers is leading the Pats in receptions and catch rate for training camp. Not Bourne.
That's because the offense is sucking balls and they aren't using Bourne solely in the slot.

The more important question for me is: When… My answer would be: Not until the very end of TC, because injuries are gonna happen somewhere to somebody…

The more important question for me is: When… My answer would be: Not until the very end of TC, because injuries are gonna happen somewhere to somebody…
Yes, I would agree. Unless there is compelling value returned to compensate for the risk of trading earlier than that.

This kid could be a few pump fakes (on stop and go routes) away from being the player of the game tomorrow night.

Can’t teach speed!

Great move by Thornton

I’ll be waiting for him to start showing variations on that hitch, like turning it into a slant instead of a go. Prediction, he’ll undress a lot of DBs this year. They can’t ignore his speed on the go, and if he shows anything else to vary it he will be a formidable weapon.

Usual caveats about high volume of checkdown-type throws.
Bourne is missing in action to some degree.

Shows a partial picture at best, a misleading one at worst.

how often were they each targeted? Were the times they weren’t targeted because some other player was primary read, or because as primary read they weren’t open?

they know who Bourne is and what he can do. Other than Meyers the WRs above him on that list are either new (Parker) or underperformed last year (Agholor). I wouldn’t read a lot into that beyond the fact that there’s only one football and limited reps so Bourne may not be a priority.

Usual caveats about high volume of checkdown-type throws.
Bourne is missing in action to some degree.

As mentioned in another thread about this tweet...1st string guys are at the top with Mac. Hoyer and Zappe have been throwing to the bottom half mostly which this tweet does not take into account. Your right about Bourne though...low for him.

Last edited:
Who can block seems to be missing in all these discussions? Who can block and play special teams seems important after your first two goto guys.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back