PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why You Really Hate Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok38yu.jpg

Screw anyone who thinks differently, they can root for their lesser mortal.

Is this the article Kirk and Callahan were referencing that quoted a professer saying that people hated tom because Boston is racist?

IMO: Jealousy is by far the main reason. He's a terrific role model and by most accounts, a really nice guy.

When Charlie Rose asked Gisele to describe Tom Brady in one word, her answer was "Kind." She said he's kindest person she's ever met. That says it all to me.
just watched that episode. she's really well-spoken, and seems pretty grounded.

"But hate isn’t logical. It’s emotional, and it revolves around emotion and symbols. If you hate a certain team, you hate the symbol of that team. And the symbol is usually the star player.”

This part is totally true, though on my part that's more like a disliking of Brady, rather than hate. I think those guys who spout nonsense on the internet all day and actually have hatred for an athlete, and they allow themselves to be physically mad about him, are ridiculous. You can be like that in your late teens and early 20's, when you are more emotional about sports, but if you are a grown-a** man or woman and yell obscenities in front of the television and allow yourself to be physically mad about a player, you are doing something wrong.

Objectively, the worst thing I can think of is the Moynahan thing. Even though all's fair in love and war, from what I understand he didn't cheat...just 'bad timing' with the 3 month pregnancy announced 2 months after the breakup. That's about as TMZ as I get.

Even the worst thing in his emails was the completely accurate prediction that Peyton was done in two years. And he even felt the need to apologize for it... a completely foreign concept to "Teabag" Manning.

Speaking of which, I live in Denver, and I've had conversations that go like this (BEFORE the latest news stories about Peyton/Tennessee in February):

Donkey fan: "Tom Brady's a piece of **** and a cheater!"
Me: "Elaborate please."
DF: "...... cellphone or something...."
Me: "Then why do you not only root for a man who committed sexual assault, but praise him as being a philanthropist and a hero?"
DF: "You're making that up. It would be a big deal if it actually happened."

February 2016....
Me: "See. Kinda a big deal."
DF: "The two other people in the room disagree with him on what happened, but I believe him." / "It was college, so what?" / "You're being childish using that issue to root against Peyton."

Can't people have a little objectivity when it comes to this stuff? I have rooted for ****ty people who happen to play for my team (hernandez), but that doesn't make them good people, and I will acknowledge that.

That said, of all the players on all my favorite teams, TFB is one of the best guys off the field.

I agree with you in general, and that's totally a thing with fans, but as far as I know, there isn't any evidence that Manning "teabagged" the female trainer, and rather it was a mooning incident, which wasn't even directed at her, but one of Manning's teammates, and she just happened to be there. If that was indeed what really happened, calling this a sexual assault is obviously ridiculous. Though to be fair, there was supposedly other incidents, not involving Manning, which could have been the reason for the $300.000 settlement.

Broncos fan here (let me throw that out there), but I've been on here for a little bit and I've had very good and non biased discussions, so I'll see how this goes. I don't engage in the annoying "my team does everything great and your team doesn't" nonsense. I personally believe Belichick is the greatest NFL coach EVER. I think Brady is a legend (I can't even rank him with a number, but he's on the NFL Mount Rushmore). Personally, I'd like to have Brady over Manning, not based on QB'n but just because of how intense and competitive Brady is, and I relate more to that.

Even as a Broncos fan, I have no hate for Brady. The DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia) I've lived in is a melting pot of fans. I definitely see fans that hate Brady simply because he's a winner and I try to stay away from those fans. They hate him because he has the rings, a super model wife and probably kills their team when they play. However, there are some fans that have somewhat legitimate reasons for their dislike. Not many teams like another teams QB. Some hate/dislike Brady because of Tuck Rule and "alleged" preferential treatment from the refs (not from Roger G). I've heard people get pissed after Brady gets sacked and looks to the refs, who sometimes appear to throw the flag after seeing him on the ground. In addition, Brady screams in the faces of refs more often than most, and I don't believe I've seen him get flagged. I also see people that don't like Brady somewhat because of the Pats fans in this area. I can recall the year you guys won the Super Bowl and the 1st couple weeks of the season a Pats fan would come into work every morning calling out Brady's stats and talking about the teams he beat. Then the Chiefs game happened on Monday night, which was just a horrible game for #12 and this guy came to work saying the O line was crap, Belichick didn't protect Brady, the run game is sub par and all types of things besides saying Brady, along with the whole team just had a horrible game. People that never said a bad thing about Brady started to be Brady haters every since. I must admit, there are a lot of those types of fans here in the Baltimore/DC area.

Again, I have nothing but respect for the Patriots (who I call the true "America's Team) and love our yearly matchups. This was a great article, just trying to add an outsiders perspective.

Last edited:
Broncos fan here (let me throw that out there), but I've been on here for a little bit and I've had very good and non biased discussions, so I'll see how this goes. I don't engage in the annoying "my team does everything great and your team doesn't" nonsense. I personally believe Belichick is the greatest NFL coach EVER. I think Brady is a legend (I can't even rank him with a number, but he's on the NFL Mount Rushmore). Personally, I'd like to have Brady over Manning, not based on QB'n but just because of how intense and competitive Brady is, and I relate more to that.

Even as a Broncos fan, I have no hate for Brady. The DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia) I've lived in is a melting pot of fans. I definitely see fans that hate Brady simply because he's a winner and I try to stay away from those fans. They hate him because he has the rings, a super model wife and probably kills their team when they play. However, there are some fans that have somewhat legitimate reasons for their dislike. Not many teams like another teams QB. Some hate/dislike Brady because of Tuck Rule and "alleged" preferential treatment from the refs (not from Roger G). I've heard people get pissed after Brady gets sacked and looks to the refs, who sometimes appear to throw the flag after seeing him on the ground. In addition, Brady screams in the faces of refs more often than most, and I don't believe I've seen him get flagged. I also see people that don't like Brady somewhat because of the Pats fan in this area. I can recall the year you guys won the Super Bowl and the 1st couple weeks of the season a Pats fan would come into work every morning calling out Brady's stats and talking about the teams he beat. Then the Chiefs game happened on Monday night, which was just a horrible game for #12 and this guy came to work saying the O line was crap, Belichick didn't protect Brady, the run game is sub par and all types of things besides saying Brady, along with the whole team just had a horrible game. People that never said a bad thing about Brady started to be Brady haters every since. I must admit, there are a lot of those types of fans here in the Baltimore/DC area.

Again, I have nothing but respect for the Patriots (who I call the true "America's Team) and love our yearly matchups. This was a great article, just trying to add an outsiders perspective.

Good post.

I get the Brady hate.

I can see the perception of Tom *****ing and moaning about calls but I can't immediately recall examples of refs giving him the special treatment.

Good post.

I get the Brady hate.

I can see the perception of Tom *****ing and moaning about calls but I can't immediately recall examples of refs giving him the special treatment.

Thanks. I'm not saying he does. I very rarely bring refs into football talk. I'm only speaking on the complaints I hear and one of them is how does he get to scream in a refs face and not get flagged.

Thanks. I'm not saying he does. I very rarely bring refs into football talk. I'm only speaking on the complaints I hear and one of them is how does he get to scream in a refs face and not get flagged.
Ok gotcha.

Personally, I have no issue with him getting special treatment (helps the Pats win). I just couldn't think of any examples.

I guess you could cite the Brady Rule but IIRC the motion to implement that rule was based on Carson Palmer getting his knee crunched during the playoff game.

Some hate/dislike Brady because of Tuck Rule and "alleged" preferential treatment from the refs (not from Roger G). I've heard people get pissed after Brady gets sacked and looks to the refs, who sometimes appear to throw the flag after seeing him on the ground.

I'll have to find it, but there was an article a few years ago that showed that Tom gets less roughing calls than the average NFL QB.

i think refs will usually tolerate players complaining and screaming about calls as long as they don't make it personal, and i don't think brady ever does (make it personal).

I agree with you in general, and that's totally a thing with fans, but as far as I know, there isn't any evidence that Manning "teabagged" the female trainer, and rather it was a mooning incident, which wasn't even directed at her, but one of Manning's teammates, and she just happened to be there. If that was indeed what really happened, calling this a sexual assault is obviously ridiculous. Though to be fair, there was supposedly other incidents, not involving Manning, which could have been the reason for the $300.000 settlement.
3 people in the room. 2 of them have the same story.... manning is the other person.

It's weird too, because he's supposed to embody all the things that Americans supposedly find appealing; a scrappy underdog who fought against the odds, and against anointed elites, to rise to the top. I guess the last part is the problem. Sad to say, Americans today are conditioned to be losers. It's ok to fight as the scrappy underdog, so long as you don't win.

And boy, does he win...like you said, champion, supermodel wife, tons of money, and a smile on his face. He'd have been universally loved in years past.

Tom is a bad husband for arguing with his wife. Mrs RW and I never argue.:rolleyes:

That tabloid crap ticked me off saying their marriage was on the rocks. Maybe it was but for God's sake. No evidence
Tabloid stuff comes with the territory. Whatever attitude famous people take to deal with it, it better be a good one.

Even as a Broncos fan, I have no hate for Brady. The DMV area (DC, Maryland, Virginia) I've lived in is a melting pot of fans. I definitely see fans that hate Brady simply because he's a winner and I try to stay away from those fans. They hate him because he has the rings, a super model wife and probably kills their team when they play. However, there are some fans that have somewhat legitimate reasons for their dislike. Not many teams like another teams QB. Some hate/dislike Brady because of Tuck Rule and "alleged" preferential treatment from the refs (not from Roger G). I've heard people get pissed after Brady gets sacked and looks to the refs, who sometimes appear to throw the flag after seeing him on the ground. In addition, Brady screams in the faces of refs more often than most, and I don't believe I've seen him get flagged. I also see people that don't like Brady somewhat because of the Pats fans in this area. I can recall the year you guys won the Super Bowl and the 1st couple weeks of the season a Pats fan would come into work every morning calling out Brady's stats and talking about the teams he beat. Then the Chiefs game happened on Monday night, which was just a horrible game for #12 and this guy came to work saying the O line was crap, Belichick didn't protect Brady, the run game is sub par and all types of things besides saying Brady, along with the whole team just had a horrible game. People that never said a bad thing about Brady started to be Brady haters every since. I must admit, there are a lot of those types of fans here in the Baltimore/DC area.

Great post and I love hearing respectful outside opinions even if, no especially if they disagree with me cuz it's an opportunity to learn. I too hate people who blame everything bad that happens on everything else yet hog all the credit when things go well. It's the biggest reason I can't stand pay me a ton. The problem hating Brady for that? He takes after BB and the first words out of his mouth after a loss or hell even on the field after an AFCCG they won, is I have to play better, I didn't do my job. I have never, not once heard him throw a team mate under the bus. The only arguement I can see is there are two Tom Brady's the calm smart mature leader off the field who does every little thing right.....and Physco Tom on the field who will happily get in people's face and rip them a new one for screwing up. I happen to love physco Tom and respect him more it but I can see that rubbing people the wrong way if that is all they ever see of him.

One of my favorite stories came from I believe Justin Tuck where he sacked him hard in the SB and expected Tom to be out or at least get up slow. Instead he bounced up like it was nothing said nice hit then went to his olineman and gave him **** for letting Tuck thru. Tuck said it's the reason he believes Tom is the toughest QB in the NFL and has a ton of respect for him.

Tabloid stuff comes with the territory. Whatever attitude famous people take to deal with it, it better be a good one.

more wisdom from gisele during her charlie rose interview (i quoted her in the "shields commercial" thread--she's really quite well spoken):

49:51 Gisele Bundchen: The way I choose to deal with gossip -- let me explain. Gossip is a very low vibration energy -- very low vibration energy. And if you choose to focus on that energy which is a free-will world, everyone can focus on whatever energy they want to, that is the energy you're going to create more of in your life. I'm a person who chooses to focus on things that inspire me, that make me happy, that bring joy to my life because that's what I want to create. And I know how to create it because that's what I have been doing. Do you know what I'm saying? If I wanted to listen to the haters when I was 14 years old, I would never be who I am today. So I feel like how I focus, I believe everything is energy. And there is a negative and then energy that is not serving me and is not serving the highest good. So I choose to consciously, you know, I consciously choose to focus on things that make me happy. And I don't focus at all and I give no energy to anything that is not of that energy.

50:50 Charlie Rose: So you don't want to do that, don't want to go there if people want to talk about that because it's low energy, it's distracting and you're more inspired by all that you want to learn and all the things that are a better use of your time.

51:04 Gisele Bundchen: Oh, yes. I don't talk about gossip because I feel gossip doesn't serve anybody.

Gisele Bundchen - Charlie Rose

Isn't Tom a team captain?

Let me say t the outset, if this was posted before I offer my apology. I did not read the entire thread. I thought the was interesting: Hate Tom Brady for his Facebook, not Deflategate

I have said before he should keep his mouth shut, but I have been put down by Brady lovers.

I think Brady is the GOAT as a player not his actions or mouth.

Have at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back