PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Not Us?

I'll tell you this. The NFL is salivating of the idea of a Patriots/Bucs Super Bowl. Brady vs. Belichick. The Past QB vs. the Future QB. Gronk playing the Pats for the first time. Can Belichick win a Super Bowl without Brady? Is this the last bite at the apple for Brady, Gronk, and/or Belichick? The storylines write themselves. Would be the most watched Super Bowl ever.

I don't know if my nerves could take it. It would be like a death match between your wife and ex-girlfriend.

Last edited:
Yes, the Bills are definitely for real. It’s going to be a great test for the Pats to see where we are compared to them in a few weeks.

The Bills have only beaten one good team, KC, 5 weeks ago when KC wasn't playing well. Their other wins have been against Miami (x2), WTF, Houston, and The Jests. They just lost to Jacksonville.

They still have 5 losable games still on their schedule: Indy, @NO, NE, @Tampa, @NE. Plus the rejuvenated Panthers.

The winner of the AFC East could possibly have a 10-7 record, and depend entirely on deep formula tie breakers (if the Pats and Bills split).
Lots of football still to play.

I’m not ready to believe the Pats are making it out of the AFC… want to see how they do against the conference’s elite teams first. But I don’t think any team is looking at ours on the schedule and thinking it’s an automatic W anymore.

Let’s gooo

Like I said when they had two wins and four losses...

When this team doesn't beat itself by turning it over, creating penalties or forgetting to block... they can beat anyone in the league.

Why not us?

Opponents are starting to fear the Patriots again.

But what about all the posters who went all in on the BB is overrated/Brady was the real reason for success narrative? Won't you think of them?
We should have kept track

Add Baltimore. In one game Lamar Jackson could give a zone defense headaches and they always play us tough.
Meh. Lamar is a competent QB.

Reactions: Ian
Teams that can stop the run are the biggest threats. Tampa Bay really isn’t a great matchup, and going with a gameplan of throwing 45 passes with a spread and conceding the run game only worked (somewhat) because of their practice squad secondary. You can say what you want about the first game, but matchups rarely repeat themselves. On paper, it’s a bad matchup.

In the AFC, the Bills have the best run defense of the contenders. Chiefs are freaking joke and the Patriots would hammer them provided the game isn’t fixed.

Meh. Lamar is a competent QB.

Disciplined defense vs undisciplined QB sometimes spells trouble.

And they're an organization that won't fold to this team's physical and mental toughness.

Disciplined defense vs undisciplined QB sometimes spells trouble.

And they're an organization that won't fold to this team's physical and mental toughness.
BAL does what they do.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Baltimore's defense is a bottom 5-8 unit in the league imo. I watch a decent amount of that team and they're really really poor. Incredibly undisciplined and mentally weak. They'll look like they're going to fold multiple times a game if it's not going their way. Forget about X & O's for a second. They have no heart, fight or resolve.

That whole team is on the verge of quitting imo. Besides Lamar and few others it's a weak team. Balty just doesn't have it this year imo.

Also them and the Titans might be the most injured teams in the league but Tennessee is handling it a lot better. At least on the surface they are. Again Balty looks like a team looking for an excuse to quit sometimes. Especially on defense, it's embarrassing.

This is very similar to the 2001 team in makeup. That said even then, our run involved several games that were razor tight and a few lucky moments going our way made the difference.

In the modern NFL, the real concern is that we have a situation like 2018 where we face a high octane offense like the Chiefs and Mahomes, and do respecable, but then they pour on the gas and we have to keep up. Our defense was amazing late in 2018 and we still needed to win a shoot out when it was all said and done because nowadays it's just hard to hold off the super elite offenses forever.

That said, this team can beat anyone (the Rams are probably the only team I question that statement a bit on). However we will be in for some real grinds to get there. We will see what this team is made of the next 5 weeks.

Teams that can stop the run are the biggest threats. Tampa Bay really isn’t a great matchup, and going with a gameplan of throwing 45 passes with a spread and conceding the run game only worked (somewhat) because of their practice squad secondary. You can say what you want about the first game, but matchups rarely repeat themselves. On paper, it’s a bad matchup.

In the AFC, the Bills have the best run defense of the contenders. Chiefs are freaking joke and the Patriots would hammer them provided the game isn’t fixed.
The falcons and browns have great run defenses, so I don’t think that alone makes it a bad matchup for the patriots. Teams that play complementary football are the biggest threats, as always.

Baltimore's defense is a bottom 5-8 unit in the league imo. I watch a decent amount of that team and they're really really poor. Incredibly undisciplined and mentally weak. They'll look like they're going to fold multiple times a game if it's not going their way. Forget about X & O's for a second. They have no heart, fight or resolve.

That whole team is on the verge of quitting imo. Besides Lamar and few others it's a weak team. Balty just doesn't have it this year imo.

Also them and the Titans might be the most injured teams in the league but Tennessee is handling it a lot better. At least on the surface they are. Again Balty looks like a team looking for an excuse to quit sometimes. Especially on defense, it's embarrassing.
If you know Greek mythology, the Ravens have always been the Ajax of the NFL.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back