PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Not Us?

If you know Greek mythology, the Ravens have always been the Ajax of the NFL.

Ajax was a mighty & noble warrior before envy consumed him...

The Bawl-more Murderer-Worshippers do not have, nor have they EVER had, even one redeeming quality about them.

If we beat the Titans and bills I think we have to think the team can make noise in the playoffs.

What's holding me and many back is that Mac Jones is a rookie. The fear is if a team shuts down the run and it's on his shoulders fully will he make rookie mistakes? But he's passed every test so far. Let's just enjoy.

Ajax was a mighty & noble warrior before envy consumed him...

The Bawl-more Murderer-Worshippers do not have, nor have they EVER had, even one redeeming quality about them.
Plus he was this large-type ******* who was a major sore loser.

If we beat the Titans and bills I think we have to think the team can make noise in the playoffs.

What's holding me and many back is that Mac Jones is a rookie. The fear is if a team shuts down the run and it's on his shoulders fully will he make rookie mistakes? But he's passed every test so far. Let's just enjoy.
Everyone thinks he will screw up at crunch time … but they are now petrified he won’t.

This is very similar to the 2001 team in makeup. That said even then, our run involved several games that were razor tight and a few lucky moments going our way made the difference.
David Patten against Buffalo, on the ground unconscious, ball out, complete!

First thing that came to mind. :)

the Bucs shut down our run game with -1 yard and Mac still ended up outplaying Brady. That game proved to me he’s capable of shouldering the offense when the running game isn’t effective.

Last edited:
I’ve been a fan long enough to know this: All any team needs to contend for a championship is one good draft. We got our draft. You combine that with reasonably good health and nice FA pickups, why not us indeed.

I’m excited

Find a mirror. Time for YOU to take a timeout, do some overdue soul-searching and return with a better attitude.
And time for YOU to move to ignore island. Congratulations. It's dusty and run down because I have never used the island in over 20 years. There is an echo as well, but at least you're # 1.

Merry Christmas and good luck.

Last edited:
imo if they win the next 2, unless the win at buffalo looks like a fluke or something, I would feel pretty good about our chances.

I think they are going to have to win out for any chance of the 1 seed.

I hope they're closer to the team that gave them a run for their money in Barfalo last year
That remains to me the most relevant data point - a totally one-dimensional Patriots offense and a very weak against the run defense and with the Bills basically the same team as this year - are not the Patriots MUCH better as a team now than that November 2020 matchup? (The home game was 100% Patriots completely giving up added to everyone knew how to run against them by that time) Just Judon and Van Noy over Winovich and Simon alone tilts those scales precipitously.

So either the Bills took the Patriots as a pushover in Nov and only realized about halfway through that game that had to actually try (a possibility), they were completely out coached, or they're not as good a team as some thought.

If you know Greek mythology, the Ravens have always been the Ajax of the NFL.
Who do you think we are, Renaissance Men (and Women)?

Next you'll be using Fibonacci's Sequence to demonstrate offensive line protections and quoting Lord Byron “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” in examining the now lapsing Brady vs Belichick debate.

And time for YOU to move to ignore island. Congratulations. It's dusty and run down because I have never used the island in over 20 years. There is an echo as well, but at least you're # 1.

Merry Christmas and good luck.

Being ignored by the Qanon clodhopper from Kansas is flattering indeed, joining the esteemed company of many great Americans/defenders of democracy.

Merry Christmas to you as well. I'd also wish you luck but chances are it wouldn't pan out.

Last edited:

Next you'll be using Fibonacci's Sequence to demonstrate offensive line protections and quoting Lord Byron “Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves.” in examining the now lapsing Brady vs Belichick debate.
Lol. I'll need to think about this one.

To me, the season is already a success. It could’ve gone in many directions but the trajectory looks upward.

I dare to dream and I honestly don't think it is all that unlikely... not that much more then it is for any good team in the NFL to win the Super Bowl. The most dominant Pats teams played during some eras where there were very legit tough AFC competition. (Steelers (LOL Steelers), Colts, Broncos, Chiefs near the end of it all, random early challenges in the division.

This team is definitely good to great, not yet elite, but elite is possible, in a relative scrambled up AFC.

I think they are going to have to win out for any chance of the 1 seed.

I think 12-5 gets it done, as long as the one loss isn’t Tennessee. Who in the afc is going 13-4? Kc is the only one with a remote chance imo, and theyd have to win out which i dont see happening. Nobody in the afc north nor Tennessee is going 13-4 that’s about a given.

I think buffalo would be the only team that could have the tiebreaker on us at 12-5 as wed only have 2 afc losses. buf would have to win every game other than the one we presumably take from them to be 12-5. I don’t see that happening either.

the only other scenario preventing it would be indy winning out and having the h2h tiebreaker on us at 12-5. Indys hot but I don’t see them winning out either.

Last edited:
I think 12-5 gets it done, as long as the one loss isn’t Tennessee. Who in the afc is going 13-4? Kc is the only one with a remote chance imo, and theyd have to win out which i dont see happening. Nobody in the afc north nor Tennessee is going 13-4 that’s about a given.

I think buffalo would be the only team that could have the tiebreaker on us at 12-5 as wed only have 2 afc losses. buf would have to win every game other than the one we presumably take from them to be 12-5. I don’t see that happening either.

the only other scenario preventing it would be indy winning out and having the h2h tiebreaker on us at 12-5. Indys hot but I don’t see them winning out either.

It's possible but it'll be tight, even at 12-5. The problem is I played around on the ESPN playoff machine, and even assuming NE wins vs Tennessee and 1 Buffalo loss, the Chiefs come out on top every time. If KC wins out, then they will likely get the top seed and I don't see them losing (MAYBE they'll lose to LAC or Pitt, but I don't see it). On the other hand, if NE wins out, then not even KC winning out can stop them from getting the 1 seed. That Miami loss (and Harris’ fumble) may come back to haunt us.

Last edited:

Lol. I'll need to think about this one.
I don’t know about you, but I think using Fibonacci’s Sequence to analyze gap alignment in blocking schemes is pure genius. But I think quoting Byron is more applicable to Brady’s departure.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back