PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Not Us?

This ain't the year :D

If they beat ATL, Ten and Buffalo, they will be a serious contender.

If they beat Atlanta (which they should, I hope) and then the Titties AND Billdos, they would be AFC favorites, never mind contenders...

Still think those two above are the cream of the conference, but the Pats might now be right there below them with the AFCN, Indy & the AFCW...

That's 10 teams (really 9 because Denver isn't a serious contender) for 5 spots... That's a lotta disappointment...

The Home Stretch begins one week from Sunday...

Last edited:
If they beat Atlanta (which they should, I hope) and then the Titties & Billdos, they would be AFC favorites, never mind contenders...

Still think those two are the cream of the conference, but the Pats might now be right there below them with the AFCN, Indy & the AFCW...

That's 10 teams (really 9 because Denver isn't a serious contender) for 5 spots... That's a lotta disappointment...

If they somehow win the next three (I dont think they will but we'll see).. I am thinking first round bye.

If they beat Atlanta (which they should, I hope) and then the Titties & Billdos, they would be AFC favorites, never mind contenders...

Still think those two are the cream of the conference, but the Pats might now be right there below them with the AFCN, Indy & the AFCW...

That's what I meant.
Well done. LOL
Yeah that was a good one which they asked for.

Why not us? ... Exactly, why not us...

Keep improving, keep working and anything can happen... Afc seems like the weak sister conference this year... Two/three teams Baltimore, Buffalo and Tennessee... Followed up by an inconsistent kc...

We got a shot... Three games will decide the tie breakers... beat the teams we should beat, then go 1-0 two or three times vs the Ravens and bills and we punch our dance ticket... Once at the dance, anything can happen...

So indeed, why not us
Path as wild card: Tenn wins the south, Buf the east, KC the west, and Balt the north, in that seed order. We'd be the #1 WC along with two of the Colts-Chargers-Bengals-Raiders-Steelers-Browns-Broncos. Uur first playoff game would be @ Baltimore, then @ KC if they win their WC game, then @ TN coming off a bye assuming they win their 1st game. Tough road.

Path as east champ: we can win the East if we split with Buf, win all our other games, and they lose @NO or @TB. Tall order cause we have to beat TN & Buf at home, and @ Indy. But if we do it we'd have the tiebreaker over the Bills, we'd likely end up as the #2 seed at 12-5, and we'd have 2 home playoff games, which is definitely viable.

fa5682a1c40f930abc03f96b22ce012b.jpg

Here ya go, haters.

1637174741183.png

From FO's playoff odds.

That's an enormous jump in our playoff odds from last week.... Looks like we have the inside track to the #5 seed overall which as of right now would mean - a date in Arrowhead in January. Looking forward to it!

Path as wild card: Tenn wins the south, Buf the east, KC the west, and Balt the north, in that seed order. We'd be the #1 WC along with two of the Colts-Chargers-Bengals-Raiders-Steelers-Browns-Broncos. Uur first playoff game would be @ Baltimore, then @ KC if they win their WC game, then @ TN coming off a bye assuming they win their 1st game. Tough road.

Path as east champ: we can win the East if we split with Buf, win all our other games, and they lose @NO or @TB. Tall order cause we have to beat TN & Buf at home, and @ Indy. But if we do it we'd have the tiebreaker over the Bills, we'd likely end up as the #2 seed at 12-5, and we'd have 2 home playoff games, which is definitely viable.

Quibble on the division scenario: The Bills would need to lose to the Jets in week 17 rather than NO or TB, because otherwise they win the tiebreaker with a 5-1 division record. Our road to the east is by either winning both games with Buffalo, or splitting with them and having them drop two more (with us winning out) or having their fifth loss be to the Jets. And the last time I relied on the Jets winning a week 17 game to give us the division title Brett Favre Brett Favred harder than he ever has before.

Anything is possible in the suckfest that is the AFC but the Rams & Packers would curbstomp us

There are no outstanding teams this year, including Rams and Packers. Anything can (and probably will) happen.

It will be some unlikely winner.

And yes, why not us be that unlikely winner. It can happen. We need luck.

There are no outstanding teams this year, including Rams and Packers. Anything can (and probably will) happen.

It will be some unlikely winner.

And yes, why not us be that unlikely winner. It can happen. We need luck.

Yep, lots of it...especially regarding injuries. Our depth is razor-thin in some areas.

It seems like whenever you think a team is good, they lose the next week! Really seems to be no one standing out from the pack ... which kinda scares me about thursday night

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back