PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Not Us?

I deserve it.

I tip my cap to you bro. Youre one of the few who has any accountability here.
Most of em just make excuses when theyre wrong.
There was nothing wrong with the thread at the time you posted it. Maybe slightly over-optimistic but hadnt the Pats just won 7 straight?

I tip my cap to you bro. Youre one of the few who has any accountability here.
Most of em just make excuses when theyre wrong.
There was nothing wrong with the thread at the time you posted it. Maybe slightly over-optimistic but hadnt the Pats just won 7 straight?
They did. They were rolling. The Bills game sucked me in. They were #1 seed. They were healthy.

Then poof.

Thanks man. I'll never apologize for going all-in on the team but I certainly deserve to be called out for being wrong with a prediction
We can have a laugh about it but yeah no apology needed . If we as fans are not overly optimistic who would be. I think all of us did get carried away. 7 wins is no joke and it was just getting better with every game.

Nobody anticipated Judon to fall off the cliff and the impact dugger/Mills COVID diagnosis would have on the defense.

We overachieved as NE were brought back to earth over last 5 games. In a way it's good, because we know we were as good as the last half of the season and not comparable to the top tier in terms of talent, execution and personnel. So this off-season should be interesting .

This was a great thread and RW doesn‘t need to apologize. The Patriots season was a roller coaster.
Everyone on this site likes to try and kill someone if a take they have doesn't work out. The whole point of this forum is to express opinions and give your personal take on the team. We all disagree with each other at points but this whole "gotcha" nonsense just gets so stupid. RW is a great poster who I have argued with a bunch of times and agreed with a bunch of times. He generally skews positive and while I don't always share his optimism I think he usually makes a solid argument and occasionally will just admit there is a bit of homerism behind his take and that's okay. I think almost all of us get into homer mode at points. I know I did when this team I previously thought wasn't good started racking up wins and the AFC looked wide open. Sure we crash landed but it was a fun ride especially after how miserable last season was.

people take what others say on an anonymous internet forum ...about a FOOTBALL TEAM with players making millions of $ who don't give one s h I t about anyone on here way too f u c k I n g seriously. Seriously, why would anyone need to apologize for something they posted on a fan forum for a football team...JFC

RW, no need to apologize. heck, this board would shut down from all the mea culpas if more were like you.

Last edited:
The only thing anyone on here should ever apologize for is if they make a personal attack on another poster. I'm sure I've got a few of those to do myself, and if I've missed any it's probably because I post too much and have forgotten half the **** I say. So if you feel I owe you one, feel free to call me out (or PM me), and we'll settle up. But no one needs to apologize for a football opinion, ever. There'd be more apology posts on here than anything else.

The guy that should be held accountable was @2000army who led majority of this board into thinking Tom was re-signing here. That led to the massive disappointment and Brady hate when he left. We never heard from that turd since. Here’s Army after his “sources” were wrong:

Im Out Harley Quinn GIF by HBO Max

I have zero problem with the thought at the time, bud. They were rolling and everything was looking up. One seed and rolling. Then...

train discover GIF

Everyone on this site likes to try and kill someone if a take they have doesn't work out. The whole point of this forum is to express opinions and give your personal take on the team. We all disagree with each other at points but this whole "gotcha" nonsense just gets so stupid. RW is a great poster who I have argued with a bunch of times and agreed with a bunch of times. He generally skews positive and while I don't always share his optimism I think he usually makes a solid argument and occasionally will just admit there is a bit of homerism behind his take and that's okay. I think almost all of us get into homer mode at points. I know I did when this team I previously thought wasn't good started racking up wins and the AFC looked wide open. Sure we crash landed but it was a fun ride especially after how miserable last season was.

All I can say after that BUF game on MNF I saw a tough, physical team that pummeled and demoralized their division rival. They already beat TN who I had no respect for nor Tanny as a QB. I wasn't scared of any other teams in the AFC except KC. If we played them, at the time I felt the ride would have stopped.

There is no question i'm a 7 or an 8 on the homer scale. I do try to look at things through a balanced lens but with regards to this team no question I have a little PPS (Protective Parent Syndrome) in me.

All I can say after that BUF game on MNF I saw a tough, physical team that pummeled and demoralized their division rival. They already beat TN who I had no respect for nor Tanny as a QB. I wasn't scared of any other teams in the AFC except KC. If we played them, at the time I felt the ride would have stopped.

There is no question i'm a 7 or an 8 on the homer scale. I do try to look at things through a balanced lens but with regards to this team no question I have a little PPS (Protective Parent Syndrome) in me.
Pretty much my sentiments exactly. We won on the road against a good Buffalo team in weird conditions by running the ball down their throats. I thought the fact that they knew what we were going to do and sill couldn't stop us bode really well for us winning the division. Up until that point we had beat up on a couple of fringe playoff contenders in Cleveland and the Chargers and took care of business against some bad or banged up teams but I looked at that Bills game as the litmus test and we passed. I was flying as high as anyone after that game but in hindsight the win streak was due more to favorable circumstances and less about how good we were.

I'm probably right there with you. I'm not calling for coaches to get axed like some here, and I am not blindly goose-stepping to everything either. My problem is that I am so grateful with the SB wins that they have a lot of good will at my house. I don't stay super p!ssed at them.

I'm probably right there with you. I'm not calling for coaches to get axed like some here, and I am not blindly goose-stepping to everything either. My problem is that I am so grateful with the SB wins that they have a lot of good will at my house. I don't stay super p!ssed at them.
As I posted a couple days after the playoff loss, when a team loses 4 of their last 5 and is blown out in the playoffs EVERYTHING needs to be looked at. After a proper analysis, the root cause needs to be determined and resolved.

If it's determined Archord needs to be demoted- so be it.

If it's determined BB Jr isn't ready to lead the defense then Bill better fix that quick.

If it's determined Jonnu Smith is a bad fit and 2022 will be a hopeless endeavor in getting him more involved in the offense then f-it. trade him for pennies on the dollar and get someone who can learn this offense and execute.

The dynasty was built on the philosophy that there are no sacred cows here. That needs to continue.

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. We won on the road against a good Buffalo team in weird conditions by running the ball down their throats. I thought the fact that they knew what we were going to do and sill couldn't stop us bode really well for us winning the division. Up until that point we had beat up on a couple of fringe playoff contenders in Cleveland and the Chargers and took care of business against some bad or banged up teams but I looked at that Bills game as the litmus test and we passed. I was flying as high as anyone after that game but in hindsight the win streak was due more to favorable circumstances and less about how good we were.
Only poster I saw that was cautiosly optimistic during that run was @patfanken. He would always bring up concerns about Pats run D or even passing D in his post game day analysis. He would also point out wins over teams depleated by covid or injuries to key players.

He was objective about the team and seemed concerned though hopeful. I agreed with him but said very little since the train was on a roll after all. It wasn't surprising to see all of his concerns finally getting exposed when faced with teams not depleated by injuries.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back