PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why am I so nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive seen 5 rings in my life from the Pats. That’s more then any other fan can say. Pats can’t win every year, so why am I nervous about tomorrow’s game? Even if they lose...so? TB12 is already the greatest QB in NFL History. Sb49 establishes that and SB51 was basically saying a reminder that TB12 Is the best QB.

I guess maybe because I’m just so tired of the Patriots haters. It gets annoying. Everywhere I go...,always some moron. And Brady is winning the MVP. There’s that MVP curse that we witnessed in 2007 and 2011 :/

Eagles have a great defensive front...the Giants did too. That’s what can get to TB12

Don't get why you'd ruin it for yourself like this. If they lose, they'll be right back in the hunt next year - and then the Giants fans won't be so smug about being the only team...

The Eagles front isn't better than the Jags front. The Eagles secondary isn't better than Ramsey and Bouye, and the Eagles linebackers sure as hell don't run as well as Mack and those Jags safety-on-steroids crew. The Jaguars were probably the worst match-up for New England on any paper.

Should be a good game. If they lose, BB and Brady become more intense at the huge challenge facing the team next year.

If they win, well, BB and Brady will be even more intense in getting a three-fer next year.

See? It's all good.

Why be nervous about the outcome? Because Its an important game for the franchise as all super Bowls are. Obviously i wont complain if they lose, but i want to catch pitt and maybe even surpass. Bradys career is winding down and although I would expect 2-3 more cracks at it nothing is guaranteed.

Why be nervous about Philadelphia? Because they are in the sb and you dont get there by being a pushover. Theyre a great team.

If you weren’t nervous youd be overlooking one of the two.

People should be nervous.

Our "defense" has made Mediocrity at QB look like Superiority.

It doesn't have EVEN ONE all-pro-caliber member on it outside of Tre Flowers.

And the one thing that was saving their collective bacon earlier in the season - turnovers, especially in their red zone - has now disappeared.

Bend But Don't Break is their modus operandi...again...unfortunately.

Our OL continues to allow too many hits on Brady. It also doesn't push the pile
up the middle.

Not one of our RBs has the size & strength to gain 3 yards all by himself.

Not one of our WRs has the size & strength to make a contested catch.

Even our HOF QB has an inexplicable tendancy to throw at least one dumb-ass
INT that either takes away points from us or gives points to the opponent.

Other than that, we're in great shape.

I've been feeling the stress and nerves coming on since a few days after the AFC Championship Game. Despite already having 5 titles in their pocket and undisputedly having two GOAT's, I want this so bad to add another layer to their legacy and quiet the haters one more time. Plus who knows if they fail this year will Brady and Belichick get another crack at it. I'm not confident at all and once again have been a wreck all week. I've allowed the game of football control over my life yet again despite all the success they've already enjoyed. Honestly, I just want the day to be over with so the season has some finality to it.

This is the last game in the 2017 season and I really hope our team can execute well enough to win more game.

I'm not confident at all and once again have been a wreck all week. I've allowed the game of football control over my life yet again despite all the success they've already enjoyed. Honestly, I just want the day to be over with so the season has some finality to it.

Same here. Dont know why I invest so much in this, fan stuff aside, seems that I am taking it a bit too much. I have been through data, analysis, highlights etc. over and over again, feel like I could pass that Belichick`s game plan test with flying colors.

Not nervous at all. Let’s bring it fellas!

Same here. Dont know why I invest so much in this, fan stuff aside, seems that I am taking it a bit too much. I have been through data, analysis, highlights etc. over and over again, feel like I could pass that Belichick`s game plan test with flying colors.

Yeah, I wish I wouldn't get so invested to the point of making myself feel ill. At this point if they fell short I'd be extremely disappointed but not devastated like I was during the Giant losses. Like last year I won't be able to eat anything until it's over and will definitely be avoiding all pregame coverage. And should the worst happen I'll be ignoring media coverage and quite a few websites until the draft.

Being a fanatic about this sport and this team is bad for my health. :D

Don't be nervous. Be psyched!
And LFG, Baby!

Ive seen 5 rings in my life from the Pats. That’s more then any other fan can say. Pats can’t win every year, so why am I nervous about tomorrow’s game? Even if they lose...so? TB12 is already the greatest QB in NFL History. Sb49 establishes that and SB51 was basically saying a reminder that TB12 Is the best QB.

I guess maybe because I’m just so tired of the Patriots haters. It gets annoying. Everywhere I go...,always some moron. And Brady is winning the MVP. There’s that MVP curse that we witnessed in 2007 and 2011 :/

Eagles have a great defensive front...the Giants did too. That’s what can get to TB12

+1.

For some weird reason I have that same uneasy feeling I had the night before the 2008 SB against the Giants.

Collectively we're nervous and that natural. Begs the bigger question... how the hell do the players do it? Think of TB12 on 3rd down & 10, 8 points down to tie it, throwing from his own end zone knowing he needs 8 points NOT 6. Crazy. Get the TD but knowing you also need a second back to back 2 point conversion!!! Poised, confident, phased by nothing... How does he do it???

Oh my god the reality is starting to kick in again!!I am so freaking nervous!
Please blow them out 1st half and score 5 TD please.

Last edited:
Collectively we're nervous and that natural. Begs the bigger question... how the hell do the players do it? Think of TB12 on 3rd down & 10, 8 points down to tie it, throwing from his own end zone knowing he needs 8 points NOT 6. Crazy. Get the TD but knowing you also need a second back to back 2 point conversion!!! Poised, confident, phased by nothing... How does he do it???
Because he has seen it all, knows 100% that it can be done and executes it.

People should be nervous.

Our "defense" has made Mediocrity at QB look like Superiority.

It doesn't have EVEN ONE all-pro-caliber member on it outside of Tre Flowers.

And the one thing that was saving their collective bacon earlier in the season - turnovers, especially in their red zone - has now disappeared.

Bend But Don't Break is their modus operandi...again...unfortunately.

Our OL continues to allow too many hits on Brady. It also doesn't push the pile
up the middle.

Not one of our RBs has the size & strength to gain 3 yards all by himself.

Not one of our WRs has the size & strength to make a contested catch.

Even our HOF QB has an inexplicable tendancy to throw at least one dumb-ass
INT that either takes away points from us or gives points to the opponent.

Other than that, we're in great shape.
I know they suck. When will belichick learn that he could win if he abandoned everything he believes and listens to you.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back