PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why am I so nervous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really are spoiled. We're the only fan-base in the world that could be taunted about going undefeated in the regular season and then making the Super Bowl. "18-1" was an insult. I think Browns fans would take that.

That said, of course you're nervous (or per the above, excited.) We're Shroedinger's freaking Cat here. We're both the prospective winners and the prospective loser tomorrow. But in the bigger picture, we're both 6-2 and 5-3 in Super Bowls in the last 16 years, prospectively; in either event that adds up to 8, so we've been "nervous" or "excited" (or should have been) every other year, on average, for 16 bloody years.

It doesn't get better than what we've got - that said if we don't win I will be one unhappy camper, just because. That's the deal: you irrationally invest emotionally. You pay the piper if it goes south. It's not under your control. On the bright side, you get a free shot of dopamine if we win.

Correction: You don't control much of what happens, but I am convinced that yelling things at the TV makes players catch or drop the ball, and sometimes controls the outcome of reviews of contested plays.

Although the Eagles are REALLY good, I feel like this game is about the Patriots. If they show up and play their "A" game, I don't think any team is better. If they don't, the Eagles will take advantage and will win. I don't believe a miracle comeback happens against them, so the Pats need to get up early and stay there.

That said, I am putting more stock into this one than others because I know the window will eventually close. Getting to the Super Bowl is really hard, and we don't know what the future holds.

The other thing I don't like is BB was actually praising the team for how focused they are. I prefer when he says "We still need to get better."

The eagles don’t make me nervous. They are just another Atlanta. Media goons are pumping them up a lot but they really are not all that great

Philly play calling has been dynamic. 38-7 is not the norm though. We should be alright. I’d be surprised if Brady was under constant pressure. I think the gameplan offensively will be get ball out quick and use a good amount of no huddle.

I always flip it around...How nervous would you be if you were an Eagles fan. They are probably pooping their pants right about now. See, it is all about perspective.

Ive seen 5 rings in my life from the Pats. That’s more then any other fan can say. Pats can’t win every year, so why am I nervous about tomorrow’s game? Even if they lose...so? TB12 is already the greatest QB in NFL History. Sb49 establishes that and SB51 was basically saying a reminder that TB12 Is the best QB.

I guess maybe because I’m just so tired of the Patriots haters. It gets annoying. Everywhere I go...,always some moron. And Brady is winning the MVP. There’s that MVP curse that we witnessed in 2007 and 2011 :/

Eagles have a great defensive front...the Giants did too. That’s what can get to TB12
we have not had the Super Bowl loss feeling in 6 years so if it does happen it will suck.

The joy of winning has become more of a relief feeling for me...

Sucks to be the eagles - win and the story will be how the pats lost and the dynasty is over, lose and the story will be how the pats cheated and the game is rigged. Either way it's all about the Patriots. Just enjoy the ride.

Sucks to be the eagles - win and the story will be how the pats lost and the dynasty is over, lose and the story will be how the pats cheated and the game is rigged. Either way it's all about the Patriots. Just enjoy the ride.

If a fan base deserves more suffering it's the eagles.

I always flip it around...How nervous would you be if you were an Eagles fan. They are probably pooping their pants right about now. See, it is all about perspective.
they are too stupid to be nervous

The eagles don’t make me nervous. They are just another Atlanta. Media goons are pumping them up a lot but they really are not all that great
Last year's Atlanta would have blown this Eagles team without Wentz.

Hell, this years vastly inferior version were one play from doing it.

Last year's Atlanta scored 33.8 points per game which is good for 7-th all time.
This year's Atlanta scored 22.1 points per game which is good for 15-th this season.

The Eagles with Foles average 18 points per game including two pick 6's. Not including those pick 6's, one of which was on a failed lateral at the end of the game against the Raiders and they have averaged 14.5 points per game.

I am in anticipation-mode and am super nervous now. By kickoff I'll be much more relaxed.

The eagles d line's good but we had more sacks than them during the season. I feel it's vastly overhyped.

No need to feel nervous. Just remember no matter how dire it starts out, we're always in it no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back