Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Stidham lead pats or Bradys bucks?

It’s still April.

With the addition of Gronk, the Tampa Bay Patriots will go 6-9-1 :D

In all seriousness, it should be TB. However, BB is the ultimate wildcard as always.

Last edited:
Just based on the fact that the Bucs had the following picks since 2015: #1, #11, #19, #12, #5 and #14 this year (which also translates to way earlier picks in the subsequent rounds) plus adding the GOAT TE and GOAT QB should leave not much doubt who has the better odds for a great season.

But then again their expectations are SB or its a bust while Vegas expects us to be around 8-8. So in absolute terms the Bucs should definitely have the better season but relative to the expectations I am not so sure about that.

Stidham lead pats or Bradys bucks?

Last I checked Bucs had the greatest QB and greatest TE to ever suit up with one of the best WR lineup ever.

We have ........... untested low-round QB, scrubs for TE, scrubs and busts for WR, scrubs and busts for RB.

As long as teams keep throwing at our awesome secondary all game and can't score, we can eek out every game 3-0 or 6-0. But if they run on us or can score some points..... game over.

At least Steve Belichick should get a promotion out of this season after his secondary's (and Pats crazy high cap space for the position's) awesome work. Might even get a HC gig somewhere.

Bucs. But...neither of them will make the Conference title game in their respective conferences. Super Teams do not win in the NFL. Ever. Redskins tried it. Eagles tried it. Pats tried it and most recently the Rams tried it. Never works out.

Pats will finish 9-7 because lets face it, the AFC blows. The Bucs will finish 10-6 or 11-5.

Next year it should be the Bucs.

Now by 2021 is anyone willing to say that the pats qb situation will be superior to the Bucs (whether it be stidham or another qb drafted this year or next)?

This has to be a sarcastic question.

For this year, you are on drugs if you think the answer is the Pats. Long term is the play, obviously.

I don't know I don't know I don't know I dont know!!!

For this year, you are on drugs if you think the answer is the Pats. Long term is the play, obviously.
It is most likely TB, but this is way too confident.
I could see both teams hovering around 8-8.

The NFC South >>> AFC East as usual so there’s that. Brady is going to see it’s a step up in weight class to play that division instead of the Bills Jets and Dolphins.

The Bucs worst possible record is 10-6.
The Pats worst possible is 6-10.

The Bucs worst possible record is 10-6.
The Pats worst possible is 6-10.
I’d take that bet in a heartbeat. I don’t think the Bucs will be that great. I think 10-6 is their peak.

Brady’s last 8 games
163/295 55.3% 1730 yards 5.86 ypa 10 td 4 int QB rating < 80

Offense rushed for 120.6 per game
4 wins 4 losses
Points scored 163 (1 td by defense pick 6)
Points against 147 ( 2 tds by defense pick 6)

Pat's, we will surprise, BB works his magic again, Stidham shows why he projected to be a first rounder, trust me we lucked out getting Stidham their was a quote from someone saying how tf do we do this all the time in terms of getting Stidham in the 4th.

Last edited:
Brady won’t throw as many picks as Jamies but he won’t throw for as many yards or TDs either. They’re not going to air it out. He’s the GOAT QB and Gronk is the GOAT TE but Gronk was slow and plodding two years ago and Brady is 43 coming off a somewhat unspectacular season.

Will they make pink Bucs hats too? I think they should.

Bucs. But...neither of them will make the Conference title game in their respective conferences. Super Teams do not win in the NFL. Ever. Redskins tried it. Eagles tried it. Pats tried it and most recently the Rams tried it. Never works out.
Whuh huh? What does this even mean? I consider the 49ers of the 80’s, Cowboys of the 90’s, and several versions of the Patriots the last 20 years to be super teams. Those 3 franchises won a helluva lot of Super Bowls.

Whuh huh? What does this even mean? I consider the 49ers of the 80’s, Cowboys of the 90’s, and several versions of the Patriots the last 20 years to be super teams. Those 3 franchises won a helluva lot of Super Bowls.

Worked for the Rams in 99 and nearly again in 01. Worked for the Manning Broncos. '04 Patriots , while not considered a super team to start the season, looking back they were arguably as good, if not better, than 07. '96 Packers, then the 80s and 90s dynasties as XLIX pointed out.

LA Rams Recently is a joke. They had a talented, but underwhelming defense and outside of Gurley, who really actually scares you on offense?

There really haven't been many 'super' teams since FA. Anyways, who exactly is calling them a superteam? This isn't 2007...

On paper you would have to go with the bucs but games are not played or won on paper and I am not convinced the bucs will put it all together. I do think Tampa will win more games but not sure how far they will go in the NFCplays offs etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down