PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be the major busts in this draft?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Most likely to be a draft bust:

• Caleb Williams

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Jayden Daniels

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • JJ McCarthy

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Williams almost certainly. Character does matter, and he hasn't got a lick of it. I also have a nagging feeling Drake Maye might be a somewhat beefier Mac Jones whose limitations - inaccuracy, intemperance, ADD - will be similarly devastating at the next level, but that's just crazy talk, right? Huh?

Wow, OK, this could be interesting. I was thinking that Bo Nix would be a great choice later in the first round or second round, but, heck, I have only see a few minutes of highlights. Highlights only show the Good Stuff, not the muffs.

Right now, on flimsy evidence, I think that Daniels and JJ are the best bets. I like JJ because of his work ethic and concentration; I watched a few highlights nad he has decent escapability and can trhow on the run, but his passes were not perfect and the WRs had to break stride slightly. As far as Daniels, he has incredible foot speed, but he might be crumpled up like a paper doll in the pros.

Williams almost certainly. Character does matter, and he hasn't got a lick of it. I also have a nagging feeling Drake Maye might be a somewhat beefier Mac Jones whose limitations - inaccuracy, intemperance, ADD - will be similarly devastating at the next level, but that's just crazy talk, right? Huh?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Williams seems like a flake. Was it the Combine or the pro days where Williams was horsing around and not serious at all while JJ was all business? Based on this flimsy evidence, I thought that he will be a bust and JJ wold be good. Could Williams turn into the next JaMarcus Russell?

Williams has good escapability, but Merrill Hodge thinks he is very inaccurate on the run. I see a train wreck coming up....If Daniels is taken at 2, I sure hope that the Patriots trade down....

The Bears 1st round QB pick will be a bust.

The only QB that they ever picked and he worked out - if you want to call it that- was McMahon. 15 TDs and 11 INTs in the 1985 Super Bowl season. He never threw beyond 15 TDs in his career.

Be careful Sam and Fred look how Drake London turned out. A Harry Clone he's not I would love to get Coleman.

Harry runs about .05 faster than Coleman. Just saying.

Wow such venom. Well I suppose it is good that one person is happy with the Patriots' offseason. Are you happy with 4 wins also?

No TBH, it was one win too many. They should have had the good sense to lay down against Denver.

He never had elite speed. Coleman ran 4.61 in case you missed it.
I Think Anquan Boldin ran a similar time and had a Great career I don't put much stock in 40 times it's not an exact science I like the other things the players do. You can't teach 6'4 215.

Not that he was going in the first round anyway, but I wouldn’t pick short, slow Safety Kamren Kinchens until all 3 of the killer Bs - Bullock, Bishop & Bullard - are off the board first.

I think Williams will be a bust. Moreso because Chicago is QB hell.

This is actually an interesting way to frame the #3 choice.

I've been so back and forth on Maye & Daniels. But, if the question is: who is more likely to bust - I just commented on this yesterday that Daniels seems like a long shot to actually bust - at least in the first 3 years - due to his natural physical traits (speed, mobility, arm talent).

We don't know how he'll handle the NFL schemes, or durability, but his level of prolonged success in the SEC rarely produces a bust.
(Mac had a very short run of success) But I think it's not hard to see Maye busting - if thrown in like Wilson was at NYJ. He has lots of physical tools, but lacks consistency and still very young mentally.

Daniels is the better "bust-proof" QB prospect - maybe of all the top 6.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back