PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who slept well last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, when the game only ends at 4 a.m. local time and you have to work, it's going to be tough, isn't it? But the answer is: I slept like a baby -- woke up crying every two hours.

I've been fine today too. It's just that every twenty minutes or so I find myself stopping and saying to myself: "Goddammit, Bill!"

I slept really well. I was disappointed but that’s just the way it goes. You don’t win every big game.

After 42 no game will ever hurt me as much. I slept great!

The Pats O played great and even with our D as bad as it was last night, we almost pulled it off. In the end, the other team made the one play that made the different, the strip sack. It was a great play. Eagles were the better team - not by much, but they were better! Who knows and we will never know, maybe Butler could have made a difference, made an important play, tackle or got a turn over. All I know is we will be talking about this for years to come. It really put a damper on BB's legacy - at least it does for me.

I got about 3 hours. Passed out at 12:30 and woke up at 3:30ish. Came here and read a bunch, couldn’t get back to sleep for the life of me.

Well, we had to euthanize our 17 year old dog before the game yesterday so I didn’t sleep well. The game was not a great experience but to top it off I had to sleep in a bed without a dog in it for the first time in 17 years. It was weird.

I did, after all the drinking and screaming.

I got about 3 hours. Passed out at 12:30 and woke up at 3:30ish. Came here and read a bunch, couldn’t get back to sleep for the life of me.

Pretty close to my sleep pattern last night. Went to bed at 11:30 and woke up at 2:30. Not much sleep after that.

Losing is a part of sports, disappointed. But, baffled, frustrated, angry over this Butler situation. It's become all encompassing

Well, we had to euthanize our 17 year old dog before the game yesterday so I didn’t sleep well. The game was not a great experience but to top it off I had to sleep in a bed without a dog in it for the first time in 17 years. It was weird.

That's horrible. Sorry for your loss. Glad to know that your dog had 17 years with you though.

I barely slept, which is common for me after a loss in a big game. But I’ll be over this one by tonight.

2 other things that will help with the pain:

1) After the opening drive, there was never a point where I thought Pats would win. For me, losses are extra painful when I’ve already started fantasizing about the win.
2) Brady’s legacy stays intact, or gets better. There is no ammunition for the Brady haters.

Really though, for me, everything after SB 49 was gravy. We’ve obviously been very spoiled.

Rough night, doubled up on Lunesta and still didn't sleep until 2:30-ish until about 5 when the school called for a delayed opening for my sons. I think I fell back asleep, it's all a blur.

This is so illogical to be so upset over the game, but I suppose it's part of the mourning. I know my wife and kids still love me, we have a good life and I have lots to be thankful for.

But still... KNOWING the Defense was going to falter, KNOWING Brady was due to not complete another miraculous comeback. It just sucked and still does.

I slept great although the kids and I got home around 4am. So got to sleep late. I wish they would have won but they've given us 5 championships, 8 trips to the big game and 8 afccg's in a row. My son has seen them win two.

I am more disappointed for Brady and the team. Would've enjoyed seeing him get his sixth.

After the game we decided to drive home from central Maine. Usually a 3.5 hour drive but because of the roads initially and later the fog it took us about 5. To get my son's head off of the game I let him control the radio. Ended up being a fun ride home.

Couldn’t fall asleep, got about 2 hours. Woke up wide awake and have high energy because of the disgust and shock

I'm fine. I think winning and losing is a little overrated. What I care most about is being entertained, and the Super Bowl was highly entertaining. If this was like a lopsided game -- like, Broncos/Seahawks, or Bucs/Raiders -- I might be a little bummed out, but ultimately we had a riveting game that had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. What more can you really ask for?

Even if we had pulled it off, my life wouldn't be much different today. Sure I would've preferred to win, but the impact of a championship as it pertains to a fan is a little overrated. Either way I'd wake up today already thinking about the offseason and what was going to happen next year.

Slept well. Disappointed in the outcome and the mysterious benching. But my God, Brady played an incredible game and I think that's what I'm going to take as one of the positives from this superbowl experience. Also these last 5 or 6 games has cemented Gilmore as elite which is definately something the secondary can build around.

I'm ok:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents