PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who slept well last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to be an ass here, but you may need to see a psychiatrist.
OK, "Dr. K," I'd appreciate your diagnosis of my mental state.

I live in NYC and get the NY Daily News and Times delivered to my doorstep every morning.

For the entire week after the 2007/08 SB loss, I picked the papers up without looking at them, walked them barefoot down the hallway of my apartment building and dumped them down the trash chute.

I also did not watch the local news for the entire week, until I was sure the "Canyon of Heroes" Parade on Wall Street was over.

Diagnosis, please?

I slept well, we will be back and brady doesn’t appear to be slowing down. I think we have at least 2 more great shots at #6. Also if someone else wins at least its not one of the teams who have 4,5, or 6 rings.

The only issue i have is bradys performance being wasted. If we win, that performance rrivals last year Imo. Probably not AS epic, just cant top a 25 pt comeback in a sb, but a close 2nd. And it went to waste because our defense couldnt stop the other team on 30% of their possessions. Infuriating because tom deserves better.

As a fan though, hard to be disappointed with 5 rings and 8 appearances (9 as i was here for the one in 96). Plus they fought, they always do. My pats

OK, "Dr. K," I'd appreciate your diagnosis of my mental state.

I live in NYC and get the NY Daily News and Times delivered to my doorstep every morning.

For the entire week after the 2007/08 SB loss, I picked the papers up without looking at them, walked them barefoot down the hallway of my apartment building and dumped them down the trash chute.

I also did not watch the local news for the entire week, until I was sure the "Canyon of Heroes" Parade on Wall Street was over.

Diagnosis, please?
Better off than not sleeping for a week over a football game. Take two Xanax and call me in the morning.

I was depressed for months after 42, this one I am just boycotting sports channels.

I slept just fine, disappointed but we won 2 sbs, sometimes you can’t win em all. Still proud of our team even if the defense didn’t show up last night. Tom Brady still shows the rest of the world he can ball!

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but you may need to see a psychiatrist.

Also not trying to be an ass but it's all relative. Someone looking at your post count who doesn't 'get' sports would probably say the same thing to you.

Also not trying to be an ass but it's all relative. Someone looking at your post count who doesn't 'get' sports would probably say the same thing to you.
My post count is just me trying to match the number of inches I’m packing in my pants.

Slept fine. In a weird way you need the Super Bowl L's to make the W's feel extra special when they happen.

My best bud is an Eagles fan so it was nice to see him celebrate after a lifetime of misery watching the Eagles. Made me realise how lucky we are with this team.

Mark Wahlberg also slept fine, he put his Vince Papale Jersey on and got an early night.

Remember how they didn't even make the playoffs this year and have fewer SB wins than us? :)

They don't care about that. They literally spend all their time creaming their jeans at the idea of Brady failing and laughing and sharing memes of the Patriots and Brady. I know they do this to compensate their ****ty organization and QB.

Last night, after the game, I was bummed, but not anywhere near 2007 and 2011; however, as I've thought about it more today and seen the fallout, I can't help but think my Patriots world is crumbling around me and it's pretty devastating. Seeing the way most fans have turned on Belichick, while I understand where they coming from, has left me nauseous. Knowing that, as of right now, there's definitely a few guys in that locker room who Belichick has lost has compounded it. Knowing that 20 years from now that when I hear the name Malcolm Butler, the first thing that will come to my mind won't be that interception but rather the controversy of this game has made me sicker.

I'm 26 years old, and the Brady-Belichick Patriots have, frankly, been a huge part of two-thirds of my life. Unfortunately this loss really drove home the point that this era is coming to close and that that book is just about written.

I tossed and turned a bit and had some thoughts about game while half awake. They left another on table here(505 passing yrs, 33 points and 0 punts?) but the defense was a joke and wasn' great all season, definitrly.smoke and mirrors. Also the 2 recent wins have me at peace with this dynasty if that is it. I grieved for weeks after 07 and was mostly just annoyed that dope Eli did it again in 11

No problem sleeping - we lost to a good team.

We made it to the Super Bowl with a ragtag front 7 ... came up a bit short.

Remember how they didn't even make the playoffs this year and have fewer SB wins than us? :)

GB fans are very defensive because they are obsessed with the fact that we've surpassed their franchise (they can cling to their depression and wwii era championships all they want) and Brady is the GOAT over Rodgers. They always remind everyone of Rodgers GOAT talent but conveniently leave out that he has little to.no.comebacks, has been smoked in some.big playoff games and hasn' won anything notable since his sole SB 7 plus years ago. And Favre is a volume stat guy who threw a gazillion picks... They deep down know Brady and the Pats have passed them by and it bothers them.

Last edited:
I did. This one doesn’t bother me as much as 42 and 46 did.
A lot of people seem to agree with you, and I'm glad for all of you, but man I don't feel that at all.

Losing the undefeated season for sure. But this Butler thing, and how we're close to the end...it's freaking awful from my perspective.

And 46? Honestly, if the Pats had won 42 and it wasn't a NY team, I don't think it would bother me at all. Team wasn't great, Brady didn't score in the last 2 minutes or anything, etc. And they had a murderer on the team, who I'm glad NOT to see celebrating in old clips.

This'll fade like all sports losses do, but the fact that Belichick willfully CHOSE what happened is killing me.

No problem sleeping - we lost to a good team.

We made it to the Super Bowl with a ragtag front 7 ... came up a bit short.
It's that the coach chose to have them come up short is what gets me...

A lot of people seem to agree with you, and I'm glad for all of you, but man I don't feel that at all.

Losing the undefeated season for sure. But this Butler thing, and how we're close to the end...it's freaking awful from my perspective.

And 46? Honestly, if the Pats had won 42 and it wasn't a NY team, I don't think it would bother me at all. Team wasn't great, Brady didn't score in the last 2 minutes or anything, etc. And they had a murderer on the team, who I'm glad NOT to see celebrating in old clips.

This'll fade like all sports losses do, but the fact that Belichick willfully CHOSE what happened is killing me.

I mean, I'm not one to talk. I actually cried after 42. But sometime a couple of years ago, for whatever reason, this just stopped being THAT important to me. I still love following the game and I watch every week, but I'm not nearly as consumed by it as I used to be. I guess I've found other avenues in life to be passionate about. But to each their own.

I mean, I'm not one to talk. I actually cried after 42. But sometime a couple of years ago, for whatever reason, this just stopped being THAT important to me. I still love following the game and I watch every week, but I'm not nearly as consumed by it as I used to be. I guess I've found other avenues in life to be passionate about. But to each their own.
You sound like a healthy, well-rounded, rational fan. I hate you.

It's that the coach chose to have them come up short is what gets me...

One of the downfalls of BB's media silence is that we'll never know his true thoughts about a player or situation. We'll get plenty of the media's assumptions though.

What if BB and Patricia simply didn't like what they saw from Butler during practice?

Until I know more about the situation I'll defer to their decision.

It sucks that they lost but I doubt BB would have pulled Butler unless he had good reason for it.

I actually think not having last year's version of Branch was a bigger factor in the game. That and some speed at LB.

Anyways the MB thing is perplexing but I'll side with BB until I know more.

Not only did Pats lose, I lost 17 grand on a square when that idiotic Philly kicker missed that extra point in the 1st. That will keep me up all week.

As far as the game goes, the defense couldn't get off the field. Maybe, it's being spoiled but the game itself was a little hard to take, but like another posters said, just skipping sports radio (and certain threads here) makes it much easier.

SB 42 was the only loss in sports I've ever actually shed tears over. As in like a baby. That was a shot at football immortality just flushed down the toilet. Nothing beats that loss. I can't remember what SB 46 was like but it wasn't as bad as that.

This loss really sucked. I had preemptively scheduled a day off just in case it happened. I was so pissed I couldn't fall asleep until 2:45am. I was drunk and had to take Nyquil to finally knock me out. I woke up at 7am and immediately got a sick pit in my stomach thinking about the loss and couldn't get back to sleep. I did much better last night and got a normal amount of sleep. I think I'll be alright sleeping wise but the sting of the loss is still lingering. This board has be very therapeutic and has helped me a lot.

I feel like a psychopath when I read all these other people sleeping fine like, "Meh it's only the Super Bowl no biggie". Like did you even get excited when they won previous Super Bowls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back