PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the team to beat in the NFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost-Eric Berry, Dee Ford and Justin Houston; added- Frank Clark, Tyrann Mathieu, Emmanuel Ogbah and Alex Okafor.

I'm not really sure whether this is even improvement, let alone "great" improvement.

Spagunuolo will make a difference to their D

Not at all.

Obviously players being highly productive is good.

The argument was that you HAD TO have those things ("#1" wr and "elite" pass rusher), which the evidence suggests is clearly NOT true.

If Gordon has 2,000 yards I'm not gonna go WELL HE SHOULD DO LESS lmao

Basically the Belichick Patriots exist to disprove YOU HAVE TO DO X TO WIN TITLES theories. Outside, you know, having Tom Brady haha

You can win a SB without a good coach, without a good QB, without a good owner, without a good (fill in the blank). There is nothing that you NEED to have. But it's generally understood that "need", in the applicable sense, means the bolded portion from the below definition, and not the italicized portion.

Require (something) because it is essential or very important rather than just desirable.

need | Definition of need by Lexico

Lost-Eric Berry, Dee Ford and Justin Houston; added- Frank Clark, Tyrann Mathieu, Emmanuel Ogbah and Alex Okafor.

I'm not really sure whether this is even improvement, let alone "great" improvement.

Spagnola is an upgrade. His Giants defenses gave Brady fits at times. Berry was an injury machine. And Houston's performance slipped. Not saying they'll be a top 10 defense. But they don't need to be when they have one of the most explosive offenses in NFL history.

Spagnola is an upgrade. His Giants defenses gave Brady fits at times. Berry was an injury machine. And Houston's performance slipped. Not saying they'll be a top 10 defense. But they don't need to be when they have one of the most explosive offenses in NFL history.
The Chiefs offense will regress only question is by how much and if their defense can make up for it

I think the Patriots potentially will be a top 10 (maybe top 5) defense and don't need to be to win (lets hope DT stays healthy and Gordon stays sober).

I'm predicting that Brady vs. Brees SB this year (but I predicted this every year for the last 2 seasons so it means absolutely nothing :D).

I think it’s a good year for the Pats to be playing the NFC East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft